Does anyone think this is weird?

marinersfan

It is obviously different for everyone. Your husband should be fine with it since he is fine with going on vacations without you. That is the part I think is really weird.

As far as you going with your friends there is nothing wrong with that. I am leaving in a week for my first cruise but 2 annual "girls retreat" with my 3 best friends. 3 of us are married & our husbands are totally supportive about it & vacation "guys only" as well.

Vacationing without your spose is not a sign of anything being wrong (nessicarly). My husband & I are each others best friend & supremely happy but he thinks cruising sounds "boring" he is not a relax by the pool kind of guy. So, to each their own.

I just asked my husband how he'd feel. He said "I wouldn't like it but I wouldn't try to stop you from going if you really wanted to go".

I can't imagine going without him, tho. We both work A LOT and vacation time is limited-spending what free time we have together is a priority for us. I'd have to take him with me or I wouldn't be much fun. Well, I'm probably not much fun anyway. . .

My girlfriend and I go to Las Vegas together once a year. Next summer we're taking a cruise to New England. Two weeks ago we went to New York City. Hubby doesn't mind at all---he just got home from a hunting trip with friends. We cruise together and take land based vacations together 2 ot 3 times a year. We have a great marriage, but realize that we don't always have to vacation together.:)

Thanks everybody for making me feel better (I knew their had to be others that do this from time to time). I don't actually think my husband really cares. It's just his friends give him such a bad time that it gets him thinking too much. I told him maybe he shouldn't tell anyone next time then it won't become such a big deal. I think he is just worried about what they think too much.

Definitely not, myself and two girlfriends took a "were 40" cruise as a celebration. We've known each other our whole lives. Our husbands thought it was great and were very supportive. They take their baseball training, hunting trips without us, so why not!?!

Have a great time, with lots of laughs, we did!

As long as both are okay with it, I say go for it. DH and I have gone on all of our cruises together, but I get more time off than he does and have traveled many times with sister and/or mom without him on other trips. It is no big deal as long as you can afford it. It boils down to if both of you are okay with it. Have fun!

DW and I would not do that. We just wouldn't have a good time going on vacation without the other one. But that doesn't mean it's wrong or weird. It's just not for us.

I know several couples that take a lot more vacations apart from each other, rather than together. I think that's a problem.

I agree, And I didn't even read past the 1st 2 post of 2 pages, I can see girls night out at home, But if you need to cruise or go on vacation without your partner, IMHO there is a problem in your marriage...... Just ask DR. Phil:D Maybe you all should see and talk to him if you need to be apart that long....... Soemething is wrong with this idea and yes I feel it is weird, Even the guys who go on a week fishing trip is wrong in my book...... JMHO.....

:confused: Its somthing that Wilma and I would not even consider, but, some men do not like cruising. I know of one gentleman in our town who seldom left the cabin, and then only for a few meals. Others just plain hated it,while their wives enjoyed themselves. I think that this behavior is far stranger than two married ladies cruising together.:rolleyes: john taylor

I am going on my first cruise 11/18 on Enchantment. I am not going with my husband but 7 other women! I know it will be great! DH says go for it. He has not been convinced yet that a cruise is his idea of fun. So I go with his blessing. Have fun!

I think its great that two people together can trust the other one to go on a trip without them. Honestly, I wish my girlfriend would go out of town, I could use the time alone :) I think it would be a blast to travel with friends, and i would wish a good time for my significant other!

We've been married for 32 years and I have gone on a number of different trips without my husband. I get two more weeks vacation then he does every year and I am not going to spend them sitting around the house while he is at work and he doesn't expect me to! I went on my first cruise with my daughter because he wasn't interested in cruising. I convinced him to go on a cruise with me for our 30th anniversary - big mistake! LOL! Now I don't think I will be able to cruise without him again! He fell in love with it, too! You have to do what is right for you. Some things we enjoy doing together and some things we don't. Personally, I think we would run out of things to talk about if we did everything together! Have a great trip!

Archived