Anyone done Castaway at Malfini Beach-Labadee?

jacksmom09

• 3 months later...

DH and I went to Malfini Beach in April 2008 and loved it. You and about 20-30 other people go go a private beach. When you step on shore you are handed a Malfini Punch and are allowed to use free beach chairs and float mats. It is very relaxing and peaceful. There is a cash bar, they served some homemade pitas and peanut butter, and there is a small outdoor toilet (something you would probably find in a camp or motor home). We're glad we did it and saw it once, but the rest of Haiti is just as gorgeous (just more crowded).

We spent the morning at Hideway Beach and the afternoon at Malfini. We were the first and last tender off of Labadee.

Here is a link to our pics (Malfini starts near the bottom):

http://depalmacruises.shutterfly.com/748?startIndex=150

[url=http://depalmacruises.shutterfly.com/748?startIndex=150][/url]

Hi - Thanks for all the info and link to the pictures! I have a question - where were you (which particular beach on Labadee) in the photos with those big thatched-roof umbrella-like things (photos #161/164/165) ? Those look great! (I'm VERY fair skinned -so shade is crucial for me!). I'd love to be able to get under one of those!

Hi - Thanks for all the info and link to the pictures! I have a question - where were you (which particular beach on Labadee) in the photos with those big thatched-roof umbrella-like things (photos #161/164/165) ? Those look great! (I'm VERY fair skinned -so shade is crucial for me!). I'd love to be able to get under one of those!

We were the first tender off the ship. We immediately took a tram/vehicle to Hideaway beach (the farthest beach from the tender drop-off). As you can see, it wasn't very crowded at that point. We picked out our thatched-roof umbrella-like thing and two Haitians carried beach chairs over for us - we gave them a tip and relaxed in luxury :) We took the advise of these boards - go early and go as far as you can.

Isn't Hideaway Beach the one closed for the building of the new pier for the Oasis?

Yep...thats what has been stated here on the boards.....and it doesn't look to be opening again real soon as that pier is not going to be completed at least till fall 09.

DH and I went to Malfini Beach in April 2008 and loved it. You and about 20-30 other people go go a private beach. When you step on shore you are handed a Malfini Punch and are allowed to use free beach chairs and float mats. It is very relaxing and peaceful. There is a cash bar, they served some homemade pitas and peanut butter, and there is a small outdoor toilet (something you would probably find in a camp or motor home). We're glad we did it and saw it once, but the rest of Haiti is just as gorgeous (just more crowded).

We spent the morning at Hideway Beach and the afternoon at Malfini. We were the first and last tender off of Labadee.

Here is a link to our pics (Malfini starts near the bottom):

http://depalmacruises.shutterfly.com/748?startIndex=150

Thanks for sharing the photos! They are great!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am so bad. I just answerd on a celebrity thread that Kevin's Girl started. now we went in the morning. we only had two hours there. i spent part drinking and talking and part on a water mat. the drinks were $4.00 each and very good. happy buzz!

the bad part was leaving there. I learned that the owner of the beach wants to give us an all day event with lobster lunch. guess what RCI turned them down to get two groups of 30 there. I pay double to stay all day. next time I will. i will book morning and afternoon. i will just go hungry. live on fruit and booze.

go and enjoy..

reason why no info if only 60 people per cruise go maybe one posts.

I am so bad. I just answerd on a celebrity thread that Kevin's Girl started. now we went in the morning. we only had two hours there. i spent part drinking and talking and part on a water mat. the drinks were $4.00 each and very good. happy buzz!

the bad part was leaving there. I learned that the owner of the beach wants to give us an all day event with lobster lunch. guess what RCI turned them down to get two groups of 30 there. I pay double to stay all day. next time I will. i will book morning and afternoon. i will just go hungry. live on fruit and booze.

go and enjoy..

reason why no info if only 60 people per cruise go maybe one posts.

Why were you only there for 2 hours? Does it take 30 minutes to get there and back (since RCCL's website says it is a 3 hour excursion)?

Archived