Tell me about the Royal Princess Ship

gwenmarie

I am second time cruiser with Princess but a long time cruiser on other lines. I have been on this type ship(maybe the same) in Tahiti 7 years ago under the other cruise line. So we love the ship but have a few questions now that it is Princess.

1. Can anyone use the hot tub in the spa area? Is there an extra charge for this area?

2. Are the evening shows early for late dining, or after late dining?

3. How much are the coffee cards. We will be on a B2B 24 night cruise in Nov.

4. Are the showers in the balcony staterooms large sized?

5. Is there a movie theater or are movies shown during the day in a theater?

That's all for now, please add anything else different to this ship,out last one was the Star Princess, this smalled size will be really nice.

Thanks all

I am second time cruiser with Princess but a long time cruiser on other lines. I have been on this type ship(maybe the same) in Tahiti 7 years ago under the other cruise line. So we love the ship but have a few questions now that it is Princess.

1. Can anyone use the hot tub in the spa area? Is there an extra charge for this area?

2. Are the evening shows early for late dining, or after late dining?

3. How much are the coffee cards. We will be on a B2B 24 night cruise in Nov.

4. Are the showers in the balcony staterooms large sized?

5. Is there a movie theater or are movies shown during the day in a theater?

That's all for now, please add anything else different to this ship,out last one was the Star Princess, this smalled size will be really nice.

Thanks all

I can help with some:

2. Some evenings there is an early show for second seating, other evenings it is after dinner.

4. showers are small. about the same size as the Star as I recall.

5. Movies are shown in the show lounge on port days.

We love the smaller ships. We have been on the Royal once and her sister ships the Pacific (once) and the Tahitian (twice). We have 4 more cruises booked on the Tahitian (one after she is renamed the Ocean) and are considering two on the Pacific.

I'm a big fan of the R (for Renaissance) class ships.

We've been on Pacific Princess, Oceania's Nautica and Oceania's Regatta (twice), and another booked on Nautica.

Royal Princess has the disadvantage of being one of the three ships of eight that were built without mini-suites on Deck 8. Azamara remodeled their two to have mini-suites, Princess did not remodel the Royal Princess.

Showers are small (but I am long and lean, so it is fine).

Cabins are a little small, but well laid out, I think.

Cabins are a little small, but well laid out, I think.
Paul answered the questions that I could. Don't know about the spa hot tub or the coffee card; I've never used either. As for Druke's response, I think the cabins are a little narrower but they are also longer. The decorating and ambiance on the ship is very elegant. While small, the shower was certainly adequate and I'm somewhat fluffy. Here are a couple of photos of a standard oceanview cabin:

RoyalCabin1.jpg.4dd4ae4d8cd5053a15add88dac598130.jpg

RoyalCabin2.jpg.a39a9a58cfec627cb11637c1eaf196b9.jpg

Thanks to all of you that replied! My DH and I are both talll and "fluffy" so looks like we will be fine. I do love the decor of the ship and the SIZE! The 2500 and more is too big for us. We enjoy the library and pools and this ship has just what we need, so for 24 nights, AH!

Thanks to all of you that replied! My DH and I are both talll and "fluffy" so looks like we will be fine. I do love the decor of the ship and the SIZE! The 2500 and more is too big for us. We enjoy the library and pools and this ship has just what we need, so for 24 nights, AH!
Wait 'til you see the library on this ship. It's quite a bit larger than other ship libraries, beautifully decorated with lots of comfortable chairs and sofas, has a wonderful painted ceiling and wraparound windows overlooking the pool area and the ocean. One of the few times I've said, "Wow!" on a ship.

If you are talking about the Lotus Spa Thalassotherapy pool, that is in their equivalent of the "sanctuary" and there is a daily charge to be in that area.

Wait 'til you see the library on this ship. It's quite a bit larger than other ship libraries, beautifully decorated with lots of comfortable chairs and sofas, has a wonderful painted ceiling and wraparound windows overlooking the pool area and the ocean. One of the few times I've said, "Wow!" on a ship.

Pictures attached from library on the Tahitian Princess

702800055_00612_11.07Librarydeck100_7942.jpg.7fb9ad86c5ea20039825d8da6d57e5ff.jpg

655112872_00712_11.07Librarydeck10100_7938.jpg.544f2e419ff5a82cc48632c04c45402a.jpg

237328104_00812_11.07Librarydeck10100_7935.jpg.7d4fdb8067da46d517352341e3e9c79f.jpg

Thanks for the pictures and replies to my questions, the hot tub appears to be all the way forward of the spa area near the sauna/steam rooms etc. Looks like an open deck,don't know how we missed it on our last cruise on an R ship maybe it was added later by the other cruise company.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived