Loyal Princess Cruiser's Experience on RCCL

regnig

Yeah...I love having my credibility attacked...

When it comes to comparing Princess to any other line, I don't think that there is any credibility to be attacked.

Your last Princess cruise was in 2001 (there have been a lot of changes in the cruise industry since then) on a ship that is no longer in service, and that does not resemble any current Princess ship. Not exactly a good basis to comment on how the cruise lines/ships compare.

When it comes to comparing Princess to any other line, I don't think that there is any credibility to be attacked.

At least I apparently know more than you...

And while we're at it, Jody...

You've been on 25 cruises, virtually all of them with Princess...

You went on ONE Carnival cruise, yet you've gone on threads comparing Carnival and Princess...

So, YOU can do that, but don't want to allow others to?

Why...because they may not share your loyalty to Princess?

I have NEVER mislead anyone as to what my experience on Princess has been...I give my opinion...and the basis for it, including all of the limitations...People can choose to listen to me or not...But, I certainly don't need to go on 20 Princess cruises to know that most of their ships have 3,070 passengers in 113,000 gross tons, do I? And, when I state an opinion as to my view of food, service, entertainment, etc. (which has nothing to do with ship age or design), I'm still making it clear that the experience it's based on is 7 years old...and that I am hoping it has improved for when I'm back on in December...Is that not fair? Is it misleading in any way?

What is your problem?

You went on ONE Carnival cruise, yet you've gone on threads comparing Carnival and Princess...

I have NEVER mislead anyone as to what my experience on Princess has been...I give my opinion...and the basis for it, including all of the limitations...People can choose to listen to me or not...But, I certainly don't need to go on 20 Princess cruises to know that most of their ships have 3,070 passengers in 113,000 gross tons, do I? And, when I state an opinion as to my view of food, service, entertainment, etc. (which has nothing to do with ship age or design), I'm still making it clear that the experience it's based on is 7 years old...and that I am hoping it has improved for when I'm back on in December...Is that not fair? Is it misleading in any way?

What is your problem?

Food fight.......food fight........(going back to when I was a teen). Now....who really cares anyway???????

You are correct that she never sailed for Sitmar. But in appears that she was in the early stages of construction..... " Both the Regal and Crown Princess were on order for Sitmar International and were in the early construction phases when Princess purchased their former competitor. In 2002, the ship was transferred to a new P&O Cruises brand aimed at the German market, A'ROSA."

I know that it's really off topic, but I find this very interesting.

BTW, that's a very interesting site that you linked.

She was based on a Sitmar design.

What is your problem?

While most of my cruises have been on Princess, I have cruised on 4 other cruise lines (including 3 on Celebrity). I have provided comments on my experience of Carnival compared to Princess based on recent (since December 2007) experience on both, and I don't think I disparaged either one.

As far as your statement that most Princess ships have 3,070 passengers in 113,000 tons--I don't believe that is correct. Only the Caribbean Princess and it's 3 siblings (Crown, Emerald and Ruby) meet that description. The Grand, Star, Golden, Diamond and Sapphire all have about 500 fewer passengers in about the same space. The Coral and Island are comparable in size and passengers to Celebrity's M-Class ships. My recollection is that the Dawn, Sun and Sea Princess are pretty comparable to the Galaxy and Mercury. And the Tahitian, Pacific and Royal are also a different class. So if I can count correctly, that means that 4 out of 17 ships meet your description (3,070 passengers in 113,000 tons)--hardly most. Apparently, you do need to go on 20 Princess cruises to get your facts straight.

You may or may not know more than me, but apparently not about Princess. You might want to stick to things that you know something about. Your comments on Princess based solely on a cruise 7 years ago (on a ship they no longer have) and erroneous facts/assumptions about space/passenger ratios don't seem very credible to me.

[quote name='jajohnson']Food fight.......food fight........(going back to when I was a teen). Now....who really cares anyway???????[/quote]

You crack me up....good one!

and for the record...I love the Regal Princess and don't much care who built her or who should've/would've/could've/did own her...

Archived