Um, it's "lose weight", not "loose"

Binch

Thanks (from an English major and grammar-nerd)! I'm willing to cut people some slack here on the boards, but that bugs me too. However, my real pet peeve is the whole "it's" / "its" and "your" / "you're" confusion that so many people have. (That's not directed at anyone here, but I notice it a lot on other bulletin boards.)

We are happy to have people write

and join our posts. We don't care if

it's mispelled or written wrong.

We're all friends here. We know what you mean.

Please everyone join us and don't worry if

the spelling is wrong or if anything else isn't

right. Who cares...We don't!

We are happy to have people write

and join our posts. We don't care if

it's mispelled or written wrong.

We're all friends here. We know what you mean.

the spelling is wrong or if anything else isn't

Yeah, who cares, it's just a cruise...

We're happy to have people cruise

and join our table on formal night. We don't care if

they wear jeans and Harley-Davidson t-shirts

We're all friends here. We're all naked under our clothes anyway.

your clothes are wrong or if anything else isn't

:cool:

Yeah, who cares, it's just a cruise...

We're happy to have people cruise

and join our table on formal night. We don't care if

they wear jeans and Harley-Davidson t-shirts

We're all friends here. We're all naked under our clothes anyway.

your clothes are wrong or if anything else isn't

:cool:

I've read many posts on this forum. Most have been fun, informative, and friendly. What I'm noting is that there are about 3 posters, maybe 4, who seem to have an attitude that is not particularly beneficial. Is this intended as mockery regarding Belle's fun and poetic posts? or is it flattery in the form of imitation?

Do you have weight to lose? And a cruise to look forward to? (Oh no. I started that sentence with a preposition.:o ) I have read most of your posts and haven't see you mention your goals.

For anyone on this forum who finds some of the posts to be rude, the best way to deal with them is with a singular comment, then a lack of future responses to the posts.

And Binch, if your intention wasn't negative, then I'll owe you a genuine apology.

From Cruise Critic's Community Guidelines...

Spelling and Grammar Errors

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

:)

From Cruise Critic's Community Guidelines...

Spelling and Grammar Errors

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

:)

Glad someone posted that. I'm a grammar freak myself, but I bite my tongue (err...finger!) here on the boards. ;)

I totally agree with this, and I am very glad to see that someone posted the Guidelines. I understand that not everyone on these threads have the best grammar and spelling, but punctuation definitely helps when reading posts...sometimes I don't know where a sentence begins, or where it ends in some people's posts. I'm only saying this to help others out who read the posts and would like to contribute. It makes giving a response a whole lot easier :D

My post was meant to say..

Everyone is welcome and PLEASE

don't stay away because you

think you may not write, spell, or

punctuate right. Don't let a few

people keep you away.

Binch you need an education, how

you write and spell doesn't mean

you wear "certain clothes" on a cruise.

If you don't like the way we write or spell..

you don't have to come here and read

our posts. It's that simple!

Thank you Salsa Dancer..My poems are

just for fun. I know there not writren

correctly but most people don't care.

Just write them to put a smile on everybodys

face each Thursday.

I love to write (the book is about 2 pages long, and will someday be finished! :rolleyes: ) ... but there are times I look back on what I have written and have been totally dismayed about my spelling. I find that I hit submit before I have proof read, or I proof read and still mis-spell.

My irritation is when people say that a pound of fat weighs more than a pound of muscle. (A pound of fat and a pound of chicken feathers and a pound of muscle all weigh a pound).

I have been on the "lose before you cruise" board for a little over 5 years now, and have enjoyed most people I have "met" spelling mistakes and all.

Belle, you are such an important part of my Thursday's ... I look forward to each and every one of your poems ... All the best - Jan

honestly looking back...most of your posts are deragatory or inflammatory towards other people Binch.

personally i come from boards where its no holds barred so they dont even register to me..but a lot of the people on these boards are used to a play nice environment.

i'd say if you cant contribute to weight loss discussions in a friendly, candid and helpful manner, stop clogging it up with your trash.

Here Here!!! :D

honestly looking back...most of your posts are deragatory or inflammatory towards other people Binch.

personally i come from boards where its no holds barred so they dont even register to me..but a lot of the people on these boards are used to a play nice environment.

i'd say if you cant contribute to weight loss discussions in a friendly, candid and helpful manner, stop clogging it up with your trash.

I agree, but wanted to add that Binch has posted some thought-provoking questions. He/She is a thinker, and that is obvious to me. I like thinkers. I live with a family of very intelligent thinkers who present a lot of thought-provoking questions. With that said, the flip-side is that some of my own family can be abrasive or leave a know-it-all impression. So in our family, we critique each other's behavior, hoping to be honest enough to help each other to know how to behave socially. It makes for better relationships. The criticisms are not meant to squash but to lift. With that said, the more people on this forum, with some good stuff to add, are welcome, including Binch....if he/she will accept the constructive criticism. Humility is in short supply in most places.

We all have our pet grammatical peeves - their/there/they're, affect/effect, fewer/less (my personal one) - but we are all here to exchange information and support one another, especially on this board. Let's focus on that.

Archived