Bringing Caffeine-Free Diet Soda Onboard

ManhattanCruiser

For health reasons I can't have sugar or caffeine (but it's not like I have a doctor's note or anything) will I be able to carry on some diet 7-up?

I know their policy is "No outside soft drinks"... but if I explain that at a specific port...will they allow me to carry it on? It's a shame their only sugar-free beverage is diet cola.

By the way...I'm NOT talking about embarkation day... I'm asking about returning from a day in port.

Thanks.

They confirmed that you are allowed to bring all the non-alcoholic beverages aboard that you want. No need to hide them. I normally take a 12-pack of regular Diet Coke in a canvas bag with me when I board. I then take it to my cabin and have the cabin steward bring me extra ice.

Tom

We take a soft sided cooler with a little bubble wrap to cushion the cans, put a luggage tag on it and it is delivered to our stateroom. If you run out you can buy some in port.

Wow... thanks everyone!

How did people ever cruise before there were message boards?

I leave for Seattle tomorrow...on the Golden the next day.

This will be my first cruise WITH diet 7-up onboard. I didn't think cruising could be better... yet, now...it will be. ;-)

Archived