Can I Make 10:51am flight out of MIA

kel24

I have never booked a flight before noon. Sometimes lines for customs are slow and long. But I think if you only have carry on bags and check in the night before, you are in good position to catch your flight with plenty of time.

Just remember to be the first out of the ship :D . There are plenty of taxis out of the terminal.

Yes, you can absolutely make this flight. I've routinely made flights as early as 830. Just do self-debarkation and take taxi to the airport.

You just need to understand and accept that there is some (IMO small) risk with your plan. Things can and do happen - ship returns late, customs / immigration delays, etc. Have a plan B.

We walked off Enchantment OTS this morning at 0935 - when we were supposed to be the first group off, 'Travel Lite' carrying our own luggage, the ship at 0830 (on paper, that is!). A lady next to us had a 1015 flight, she said, and the 'hall monitors' wouldn't budge.

For every one that says sure, no problem, there's another that is way late. Luckily we were driving.

We walked off Enchantment OTS this morning at 0935 - when we were supposed to be the first group off, 'Travel Lite' carrying our own luggage, the ship at 0830 (on paper, that is!). A lady next to us had a 1015 flight, she said, and the 'hall monitors' wouldn't budge.

For every one that says sure, no problem, there's another that is way late. Luckily we were driving.

IME, early FLL flights are harder to make, even though the airport is so close. The ships do not seem to return as early, and the port in general just seems to move a bit slower and be a bit stricter.

IME, early FLL flights are harder to make, even though the airport is so close. The ships do not seem to return as early, and the port in general just seems to move a bit slower and be a bit stricter.

I agree with this 100%. In Miami we've always been able to get off the ship MUCH earlier than Ft. Lauderdale. Doing self debarkation we were off both the Majesty and Brilliance at around 7:15 and at the airport in less than 30 minutes. Unless there are some unforeseen circumstances you should make your flight with plenty of time to spare. Earliest flight we've made out of Ft. Lauderdale was 10:00 am. I wouldnt chance it any earlier.

Off the Liberty this morning in Miami and made it to the FLL airport by 9:00. There were no lines for check-in. We did the self embark and could have been off the ship as early as 6:15, but we waited until 8:00 to disembark. Flight was at 11:15.

How did you get from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale? Just curious.

It was a private shuttle (a large van) that held about 12 people. We were the last to get on, so had to sit in the way back. At least the van was air conditioned (unlike the larger shuttle that we had planned to catch a ride on - they were going to be another 20 minutes arriving at the port) and we had pleasant passengers. :)

Archived