Voyager OTS Aft Balcony 8690 / 8390

SweetAngel

I just made a reservation on Voyager of the Seas for cabin 8690, and I have been looking at all the wonderful pictures online.

My question is: On Voyager OTS, is the single balcony door full glass or half glass? I have seen pictures of both ways. Does anyone know how it is on Voyager?

I appreciate any info or current pictures. This is my first RCCL cruise. I have been dreaming of ice skating at sea for a few years now. Can't wait.

Hi thanks for replying. Okay here's my dilemma. I am trying to decide between cabins 8690 and 1692. I found these two pictures online from Bonnie Voyager that show two different doors for the same room 8690. If I am stuck with only one door, then I really want to have a full glass door. Otherwise I might want to pay extra to upgrade to 1692 and get double doors. Does anyone know which way the door is for that room on Voyager of the Seas?

Here are the two pictures:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1127620347036355651dXqNWr

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1064812656036355651lmCytf

If you can upgrade to an aft cabin on deck 10, I would go for it. I am sure that you are familiar with the ship frame that is at the back of the ship. The lower the cabin, the more of an obstruction there is. The best view out the back of the ship is from the balconies on deck 10. We stayed in one of these cabins and absolutely loved it. Then you can be sure that you get the sliding glass door as well so that the full back wall is glass. Good luck.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.

I finally found the answer by searching through pictures of the outside of the ship. It looks like VOS has a single full glass door while Mariner and Freedom have single half glass doors for rooms #8690/8390.

As long as the door is full glass, I'll keep the room. I was so happy when the TA said the corner balcony was available! I've read that on deck 8 there is little obstruction. Since I like the wrap-around feature of the corner balcony and being a lil closer to the water when I look down, I guess I'll choose it over 1692. The balcony is smaller, but still it's aft, and much larger than a regular side balcony. It will be the biggest balcony I ever had anyway! With the money I save on the E1 room, I'll treat myself to each the drinks of the day. :D

Thanks again! Happy cruising!

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed in this cabin in 2005. I tried to look at my pics, honestly can't remember if it was full glass, but I know there was enough light. Balcony was very large, we liked that. The walk to the back was kind of far, but good for burning off calories!! The first night there was some vibrations, but it went away.

• 1 month later...

that darn pole! lol if my cabin 8390 doesn't have one, maybe i can bring my own from the last club hoppin' i on for my birthday. i may be 40ish but the pole is definately good exercise....especially at 3 in the morning. i can keep up with the young 20 yr olds....well, maybe not but it sounded good.

thank goodness i only celebrated one birthday like that....i guess it was a once in a lifetime thing!

• 2 weeks later...
I have 8390 booked for 11/21 on the Explorer, everything looks fine except we have a pole in the room! Hmm never mind I may have to talk to DW about this! :p

Capn

That makes me a little nervous, i have 8390 booked for 11/21 on the Explorer. Actually i just upgraded to that cabin a couple weeks ago. thanks for giving it up! hope you upgraded too:o

I just made a reservation on Voyager of the Seas for cabin 8690, and I have been looking at all the wonderful pictures online.

My question is: On Voyager OTS, is the single balcony door full glass or half glass? I have seen pictures of both ways. Does anyone know how it is on Voyager?

I appreciate any info or current pictures. This is my first RCCL cruise. I have been dreaming of ice skating at sea for a few years now. Can't wait.

If I recall correctly, it is full glass. BIL/ SIL were in that cabin in January. It is a great cabin.....don't think there was a pole. I think you may be thinking of 1388/1688.

Archived