Holland Newbie???

karen2cruz

Hello HAL experts,

Have a hold on an S suite for the Oosterdam for Aug 2005 sailing-price was too good to pass up. We have never been on HAL. We have been on Princess, RCCL, and Disney.

How does HAL compare/differ from these other lines. What makes HAL special? What should I look/ask for?

I am in my late forties and going with my mother-in-law and her sisters (in their 70's). I know I will have fun no matter what since I am very active (scuba dive, hiker, etc). What activities are there for these other ladies?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to HAL! I believe you will find a refined elegance on HAL that will be quite appealing. Fresh flowers and beautiful artwork everywhere, and a very caring staff. The S suites are magnificent! There are many activities ... enrichment programs, trivia and other contests, plus the ever popular lounges featuring music/dancing/listening. And of course there are the entertainers ranging from the ship's company (who do production shows) to comedians, magicians, musicians, etc. You're all sure to have a great time.

I believe you and your travel mates will enjoy the suite perks also! You will be able to use the Neptune lounge that has a concierge staff and nice coffes and a cold buffet of nice snacks, breakfast thru dinner. It's a great place to pop in and get a fresh glass of OJ or a latte! Additionally your bookings and front office issues can all be handled by the concierge. Hope you enjoy it! :)

I hope your cruise includes Half Moon Cay, HAL's private island. Being that you are active, you will really enjoy HAL's little piece of paradise!:cool:

Other than HAL we have only cruised RCL but we really like HAL the best. There was some great things about RCL unfortuately food was not one of them IMO but Jim said it best HAL has a certain "Refined Elegance" It just seems very special with the Fresh Flowers all over, all the staff smiling and of course the Yum-Yum Man. THis is the guy that plays the chimes that tells everyone the Dining Room is open and he is the same guy who gives you Mints, Ginger and Figs/Dates as you walk out of the Dining Room with a Big Grin telling you to have a good evening. You can't help but walk around the ship feeling very special. Also even on the bigger Vista Class ships you never feel that it is crowded. You can always find a quiet area of the ship that you feel like you are the only person aboard.

Archived