New dress code : Please help confused man

Kapuna

OK. Don't mind if I do...

Let's try this one to your wild kingdom idea....I'm a sensual female human being and I don't care to behave like a *****. I'll dress without complaint, Thank You. :)

agreed. it's not that i "hate" to be seen in the same dress, it's just that i like wearing new things, love dressing up, and love shopping. sue me.

How long must this dead horse be beaten?

You know it is so easy to use the search feature, and not keep bring this same old subject up. :rolleyes:

My father in law use to say "the more you stir sh*t the more it stinks." He was a wise man I miss him.

Why are you reading this if you are not interested? Even better, why are you posting?

Without this, what would I do at work all day? Work?

Why are you reading this if you are not interested? Even better, why are you posting?

Without this, what would I do at work all day? Work?

Why am I posting kind sir, because I travel a lot and mostly by cruising.

I am retired so there fore I am not abusing any privileges at work.

This same thread is brought up time and time again because people are sometimes to lazy to use the search feature or they are just antagonistic in nature.

So therefore we who love the forums are subjected to the same old tired argument over and over.

The cruise line posts the dress code, read it and follow it, period. Like I said I rented a tux for a 28 day cruise and loved the convenience of it. No extra packing, no fuss, no muss.

My husband was a mayor of a city for 8 years, I dressed up plenty.

Now I just want to do the basics, and enjoy the ocean breeze on my face and hear the wake of the ship, spend sometime with my fellow cruise mates enjoying dinner. I like Celebrity because the age demographic is right for us.

Why am I posting kind sir, because I travel a lot and mostly by cruising.

This same thread is brought up time and time again because people are sometimes to lazy to use the search feature or they are just antagonistic in nature.

So therefore we who love the forums are subjected to the same old tired argument over and over.

The cruise line posts the dress code, read it and follow it, period. Like I said I rented a tux for a 28 day cruise and loved the convenience of it. No extra packing, no fuss, no muss.

Now I just want to do the basics, and enjoy the ocean breeze on my face and hear the wake of the ship, spend sometime with my fellow cruise mates enjoying dinner. I like Celebrity because the age demographic is right for us.

Besides this is a public forum right?

[quote name='Tinwoman']Why am I posting kind sir, because I travel a lot and mostly by cruising.
Now I just want to do the basics, and enjoy the ocean breeze on my face and hear the wake of the ship, spend sometime with my fellow cruise mates enjoying dinner. I like Celebrity because the age demographic is right for us.[/QUOTE]

Like I said - if you don't like it, don't read it!

So now that we have beaten the dress code to within an inch of its life, interpreted it in a multitude of different ways and received criticism for doing so, I need clarification: if I choose to wear a tuxedo on formal nights, do I have to wear those dreadful shiny patent leather shoes, or will my highly polished oxfords get me through the door. In all certainty on formal night I will be dressed in a Tux, and if the OP arrived at my table dressed in a blazer and slacks I would welcome him and it would in no way detract from my enjoyment of the evening. I would much rather dine with someone who has the courtesy to ask in advance if what he is wearing would be appropriate, than with someone who is more concerned with their appearance than someone's feelings. Having worked in an industry where the suit and tie is the uniform of the day,and having done so for 28 + years, I can attest to the fact that appearance is no indication of character. We go on a cruise to see new places, meet new people and have a good time. If =X= is not going to enforce their own guidelines, then live and let live.

Don't sweat it. Not only do you not need to wear those shiney tux shoes you don't have to even wear a tux. I have never seen anyone denied entrance to dinner on formal nights and some men have worn really weird outfits. And my tux shoes hurt my feet so when I do wear a tux (rarely any more) I do not wear them...just black dress shoes. Maybe if you go with the "beautiful people" on a luxury Silver Seas cruise it might be different, but who can afford those?

[quote name='Tinwoman']Is the poor horse dead yet, or shall we keep beating it.
Search forum give it a try.:rolleyes:[/quote]

As you must not be aware, the 'search' function does not always work, particularly recently.

If a topic does not interest you, don't read it, or contribute. It isn't compulsory to read every thread, I skip the ones that offer me little interest.

BTW I work for myself, therefore I am not abusing any 'privileges'

My wife and I have been on two cruises.On formal nights men wore everything from slacks to tuxedos. If you believe that wearing a blue blazer to a wedding that does not require a tuxedo is appropriate then by all means wear the blazer . Some people will stare at you Just stare back. By the way The wearing of a tuxedo or a dinner jacket is not I repeat isnotformal wear. It is considered informal. Formal wear will always be White tie and tails --Haven't you seen enough movies of diplomats attending state dinners in Europe --get a table for two and you will not have any problems with your tablemate

[quote name='Kapuna']We are booked for back to back cruises on the Millenium and packing for such a long trip is a real problem with airline restrictions , etc .

Under the new dress code would a navy blue blazer with matching slacks and a dark tie ( white shirt ) be acceptable for formal nights ?

Any advice would be appreciated .[/QUOTE]

Wow! I never expected that my question would arouse such controversy .

It seems that tuxedo rental would be best . Can that be done after boarding or are advance arrangements needed ?

Archived