I'm SICK!

Dee777

The last few days, had somewhat of a scratchy throat... woke up this morning with it simply on fire, a couple golf balls somehow lodged in my neck, raging headache, fever, stiff neck... and I couldn't be more thrilled lol...

More time to spend on CC instead of yucky old work! Do I have company in my illness? Anyone else killing their sick time on here?

Dee :rolleyes:

...does that count? I hurt my back falling down an escalator backwards and am in the bed.

BUT, whether it is by foot, by wheelchair, or even by stretcher...I will be on the Carnival Destiny September 27 when she sets sail from Miami.:cool:

The last few days, had somewhat of a scratchy throat... woke up this morning with it simply on fire, a couple golf balls somehow lodged in my neck, raging headache, fever, stiff neck... and I couldn't be more thrilled lol...

More time to spend on CC instead of yucky old work! Do I have company in my illness? Anyone else killing their sick time on here?

DW came down with something that sounds the same the morning we debarked from the Paradise. She's in bed....I'm killing time here. Hope you feel better soon....but take an extra day just to be sure lol

Sorry to hear you're sick. I just received the following email forward a few days ago. It might come in handy for you, if you develop a cough, which you probably will:

Isn't life strange. When we had a lecture on Essential Oils, they told us how the foot soles can absorb oils.

Their example: Put garlic on your feet and within 20 minutes you can 'taste' it. Some of us have used Vicks Vapor rub for years for everything from chapped lips to sore toes and many body parts in between. But I've never heard of this.

And don't laugh, it works 100% of the time although the scientists at the Canada Research council (who discovered it) aren't sure why.

To stop night time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks Vapor rub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime, then cover with socks. Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief. Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly.

I heard the head of the Canada Research Council describe these findings on the part of their scientists when they were investigating the effectiveness and usage of prescription cough medicines in children as compared to alternative therapies like acupressure.

Just happened to tune in AM. Radio and picked up this guy talking about why cough medicines in kids often do more harm than good due to the chemical makeup of these strong drugs so, I listened. It was a surprise finding and found to be more effective than prescribed medicines for children at bedtime, in addition to have a soothing and calming effect on sick children who then went on to sleep soundly.

Polly tried it on herself when she had a very deep constant and persistent cough a few weeks ago and it worked 100%! She said that it felt like a warm blanket had enveloped her, coughing stopped in a few minutes and believe me, this was a deep, (incredibly annoying) every few seconds uncontrollable cough, and she slept cough-free for hours every night that she used it.

Sorry to hear you're sick. I just received the following email forward a few days ago. It might come in handy for you, if you develop a cough, which you probably will:

Isn't life strange. When we had a lecture on Essential Oils, they told us how the foot soles can absorb oils.

Their example: Put garlic on your feet and within 20 minutes you can 'taste' it. Some of us have used Vicks Vapor rub for years for everything from chapped lips to sore toes and many body parts in between. But I've never heard of this.

And don't laugh, it works 100% of the time although the scientists at the Canada Research council (who discovered it) aren't sure why.

To stop night time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks Vapor rub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime, then cover with socks. Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief. Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly.

I heard the head of the Canada Research Council describe these findings on the part of their scientists when they were investigating the effectiveness and usage of prescription cough medicines in children as compared to alternative therapies like acupressure.

Just happened to tune in AM. Radio and picked up this guy talking about why cough medicines in kids often do more harm than good due to the chemical makeup of these strong drugs so, I listened. It was a surprise finding and found to be more effective than prescribed medicines for children at bedtime, in addition to have a soothing and calming effect on sick children who then went on to sleep soundly.

Polly tried it on herself when she had a very deep constant and persistent cough a few weeks ago and it worked 100%! She said that it felt like a warm blanket had enveloped her, coughing stopped in a few minutes and believe me, this was a deep, (incredibly annoying) every few seconds uncontrollable cough, and she slept cough-free for hours every night that she used it.

That is incredible. I'll have to try it next time I'm sick. I love Vicks anyway. I'm also sharing this with our family. Thanks.

Hope you feel better Dee777

I have found Echinecea 1200 mg really works when I feel a cough /cold yucky feeling coming on .My son agrees with me about the benefits of echinecea . I will keep on using it 2 pills a day for 3 days 1 after that as needed .I fight a lot of colds this way

Feel better!!!

[To stop night time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks Vapor rub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime, then cover with socks. Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief. Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly.

I just told my sister-in-law about this, as she has been sick the last couple of weeks. I really hope it works for her :)

Just a suggestion: I live in Florida and around Nov 1 every year we are inundated with this wonderful migration called "snowbirds." It also seems that this is when everyone starts getting sick here! Okay, I'm NOT blaming you Northern folks hitting Florida during the winter, but it really is true. Ask anyone who works in a hospital. Anyway, the very FIRST time I start getting the sniffles, I take ZINC lozenges or a vitamin that contains zinc. They say it can stop a cold fast! Try it!

Thank goodness your not boarding the ship today...

A few years ago I came down with the flu and broncitis on a Wednesday and we were driving to Port Canaveral on Friday. I visited the doctor...nothing could be done for the flu (has to run its course) but she gave me some meds and cough med and I floated to Florida. I was so medicated and sick and stayed in the cabin and slept so my cruise didn't start till around Tuesday.

Like I said thank your lucky stars that you aren't sailing today.:)

Missygirl

I called my Boss this morning and told him I wasn't coming into work due to an eye problem...

"Eye" just couldn't see myself going into work this morning... :D

We call that "Anal Glucoma" Can't See myself lugging my A$$ into work :p

I've had it for the last couple week, while the throat thing turned into a just a couph scratchy thing left now.

so, I too have been here more the last couple weeks:D

Thank you all so very much for the warm well - wishes! Just got back from the doc's office and the diagnosis / treatment: 10 days antibiotics, and the week off work (well, he said I could go in Friday, but what would be the point? lol). Anyhow...

All my best going out to those of you suffering along with me either with illness or injuries. Good thing CC exists to speed along our recoveries lol Thank you for the Vicks tip, am going to try it tonight! Happy cruising, all!

Archived