Formal Night

ricok987

Even if you have open seating it is still formal :confused: For some reason I can't get passed the open seating being equal to assigned seatingl. For some reason I think it would be second class :(

Yes, open seating---the entire dining room---is "still formal". The evening is formal throughout the ship, with the exception of the Lido and outside decks.

The difference in the dining room is only as to dining arrangements, nothing else. The food, settings, everything is the same on each level.

Out of all our ten days cruises we always had three formal nights with the exception of two cruises.

One formal night was cancelled as it was Halloween and they were having a costume contest.

On a different ten day cruise, only two were scheduled. Very unusual and I don't recall why. Most probably a very busy, port intensive itinerary.

we are doing a very port intensive cruise in January on the maasdam, its a 14 night journey. But I'm trying to figure out when those formals will be and if there will only be 3 or 4. Of course trying to keep packing as light as possible. I can see our 2nd sea day being the welcome, but after that we have 9 days in a row of ports. none really leaving too early. again a sea day..expect this will be another formal night but then its HMC and then into FLL. any ideas when they will cram the other 2 nights in?

Archived