Laundry on Century

dorakk

Hi,

I'll be leaving for Med. on Century in 4 weeks, now I'm just starting to do preperation. Just one question regarding laundry on century, I understand there will not be any self serve laundry facilities. However, I heard from fellow celebrity cruisers that celebrity offer 1 or 2 laundry day - in which they will hand you a bag, you can fill it up as full as you can, the charge for laundry service of all the clothings in the whole bag is $20.

Can someone please confirm if they are still offering this service on Century? If yes, laundry day will most likely be on which days of the sailing?

Thanks in advanced

On our cruise it was the second to last day. I crammed a LOT of stuff into the bag--but when I added up the individual charges, I only saved maybe $5 by doing it that way rather than just sending things out as I needed them. The laundry charges are pretty reasonable and this time I will just send out what I need and not wait for the "special".

Just my HO

Cathy

The bag special has been offered on the Celebrity cruises I have taken as an "Extend your vacation, bring your clothes home clean" special offered on the next to last full day onboard. This bag special for all cruises was $25 or $30 not $20.

If you are a member of the Captain's club (at least at the Select and Elite levels), they did offer a coupon in the coupon booklet that you received for a laundry bag special (price $20 or $15 depended upon level of membership) that could be used at anytime during the cruise. Someone posted that this coupon is no longer in the booklet - not sure how true that is.

We did take advantage of the bag special offered to Captain's club and got over $55 worth of laundry in the bag special (if you priced by the item) - a savings of over $40.

Thanks very much for all the useful info. Now I feel more relieve after knowing that I have a chance to clean up most of my dirty laundry before heading home for a good price. Just feel uncomfortable on the idea of bringing smelly dirty laundry on my flight home.:D

RCL :NYSE I guess chooses to usurp the passenger needs for self-serve locations aboard the ships to add more revenues by adding many more cabins...:mad: Nickle and Dime ...CaChing...

A lot of other Passenger Cruise Ship Lines do have self serve, FREE Laundry services too even Dry Cleaning depending upon the level of cruises the passengers have been on before with that Line...

:cool:

Again quoting returning passengers...it has been said the special prices were NOT forthcoming on their recent cruise...and only a very small PAPER bag was provided for the special, that was not able to be packed full of clothing! Perhaps the newly returned passengers can update this!

I'm with AAA... No not looking for FREE laundry just do it yourself... especially on the 14 day cruises we are usually on (AND which lines that have 14days usually have laundry facilities for passengers)

This is one of the things I am least looking forward to about our upcoming Mercury cruise- nearly two weeks long. It's not that I don't want to pay them to do my laundry, it's that I DON'T WANT THEM TO DO MY LAUNDRY. I don't even let my husband do my laundry. I like everything done just the way I want it done- many things must be washed on cold, some things mustn't be dried, I'm allergic to scented detergent and I hate fabric softener, even the smell-less kind. I realize this is bordering on laundry control freak but since I'm the one who always does it, I'm not burdening anyone else with unreasonable requests so I don't care.

Please, Celebrity, install self-service washing machines for those of us who don't want our things laundered by anyone else! :(

Got home last night after a pretty good Best of Europe on Century. There was no laundry special offered, except for the $20 bag in the Select coupon book. On the last day of the cruise they did advertise for same-day laundry service so you can, "go home with clean clothes." Last year on Century they waived the 50% surcharge for same-day service on the last day, but not this year.

Archived