passport

aelittleb

has anyone ordered their passport recently? we will be ordering ours this week and i was just wondering what the time frame might be for getting it. we are sailing the eastern caribbean in mar and i just want to make sure i will have it in time.

has anyone ordered their passport recently? we will be ordering ours this week and i was just wondering what the time frame might be for getting it. we are sailing the eastern caribbean in mar and i just want to make sure i will have it in time.

Turn around depends on what State you live in - but I have read here that most turn around times have improved quite a bit. Just don't leave it to the last moment and you'll be fine. Enjoy the Caribbean

Wow less than two weeks to get yours? I applied in July as well, still haven't received it. My BF applied for his awhile back and received in about 3-4 months. Considering how much the turn around times seem to vary, I would definately apply sooner rather than later. I would give your self at least 4 month padding. Also, if you end up in a time crunch, when you apply they should ask you if you have plans to travel in the near future. If you put on your application that you have to go out of country, on a cruise, or whatever on such-and-such date, they will make yours a priority.

Wow less than two weeks to get yours? I applied in July as well, still haven't received it. My BF applied for his awhile back and received in about 3-4 months. Considering how much the turn around times seem to vary, I would definately apply sooner rather than later. I would give your self at least 4 month padding. Also, if you end up in a time crunch, when you apply they should ask you if you have plans to travel in the near future. If you put on your application that you have to go out of country, on a cruise, or whatever on such-and-such date, they will make yours a priority.

If you applied in July and still haven't gotten it, you should probably follow up. Things CAN get lost in transit! The turn around time really has been 3 weeks or less, all summer.

My husband had his stolen and needed a replacement. He had it ( WITHOUT paying the expedited fees) in 3 days. We live in Pennsylvania, the lady at the desk told us that even new applications were taking less than a month, usuallly 2 weeks.

Our friend in Az got his in 2 1/2 weeks recently, and it was a new application.

Have fun!

Kathy

Archived