going from a sy to ss --good idea or not??

the col.

being a really newbie with lots of stupid questions---it would seem to me if--offered a upgrade from a guarnteed sy to a ss would not be a better deal due to the possible noise from the next deck up ==the lido deck--would someone please---help with this====the newbie the c. thank you all for your help its GREAT==

You are absolutely right - no advantage at all. SY's have been selling faster than the SS cabins recently for just the reason you mention. If you check the Eurodam deck plan you will see the the SS cabins have been moved down to the upper verandah deck. The cabins on the Navigation Deck are now VA cabins.

WE had changed our original booking to a SZ guarantee after deciding we wanted to upgrade from a VC. We ended up with SY 6063 which was a great room in a great location. It was very quiet, not noisy at all. We enjoyed the extra space over the VC we had originally booked, and the balcony as well as the free DVD rental. I think I would prefer the SY over an SS myself. Now a SA, SB, or SC, that would be nice...

diane

I actually prefer the location of the SS cabins to the SY's. Higher up, closer to the Lido restaurant and pools. Have heard some noise from above, but it's never been an issue. We actually went with an SY on our upcoming Noordam cruise because they were quite a bit less that the SS cabins.

If the location doesn't matter to you then I would book whichever one is less as the cabins are otherwise identical.

Thank you for the answer about some noise from the lido deck in a ss room .we are in a guarnteed sy room if we are offered a ss room most of you stated that we should turn it down ---can you do that?turn down a ss upgrade if you are in a quarnteed sy cabin? someone please help me with this--thanks --another new guy dumb question newbie the c.

we are in a guarnteed sy room if we are offered a ss room most of you stated that we should turn it down ---can you do that?turn down a ss upgrade if you are in a quarnteed sy cabin?

Probably not. If you have a "guarantee" then HAL will pick a cabin for you when they get around to it. By then all the cabins should be filled.

If you want something specific, or want to avoid something, I suggest you pick a cabin you like and try to book it as an assigned cabin.

Thank you for the answer about some noise from the lido deck in a ss room .we are in a guarnteed sy room if we are offered a ss room most of you stated that we should turn it down ---can you do that?turn down a ss upgrade if you are in a quarnteed sy cabin? someone please help me with this--thanks --another new guy dumb question newbie the c.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I don't think you'll be unhappy with any of the suites. It's not likely you could change it at that point. And, your guarantee may get a SA, SB, or SC and have an even nicer suite! With those you get use of the Neptune Lounge and free laundry. We loved our SY but we would have been happy with any of the suites.

diane

When you book a guarantee you don't get a choice as to what cabin or category you end up with. It will be whatever category you guaranteed or higher. It's not like an upgrade where you would have the option of declining the move from one category to another. With an SY guarantee I wouldn't worry to much about it. All the rooms in or above that category will be great.

Archived