Carnival's 45 day letter

deb2543

I've always gotten a response (have only written three times, though).

First was just a "thanks for writing" letter.

The 2nd was a specific OBC of $25 pp due to some problems we had.

The latest was again a specific OBC of $25 pp.

I don't write to get goodies, although the goodies are nice. I write to tell them about my experience and because I know they actually read the letters.

I figure it's up to us repeat cruisers to let them know what we liked and didn't like. We can be much more specific and go into much more depth than we can on the comment cards (which I also fill out).

Writing a letter doesn't guarantee a "45 day letter" at all. Sometimes they send one, most times they don't.

I'm sure Carnival receives thousands of letters a month; they aren't going to do give-aways for thousands of people.

Just write the letter if you think there is something to say. If you get a response, fine...but don't write a letter expecting it.

It could quite well be in the phrasing. I wrote to them addressing some concerns I had that the Carnival excursion website (from where we booked trips) differed in the fitness level from the information in the cabin on board - our friends have some difficulty walking and ended up on a too strenuous trip. I also pointed out that despite the problems, we thoroughly enjoyed our vacation. I wasn't expecting anything, and in addition to Carnival talking to our friends about the difficulties they encountered, I got a 45 day letter. I was very impressed with their overall response.

What is a 45 day letter?

It is a letter you get from Carnival....usually in response to a letter you have written them about a cruise.

We have gotten everything from a box of chocolates, to drink coupons, to 4 shore excursions worth $30.00 each to $200.00 OBC.

Be aware that things like OBC do expire. I believe they have to be used within 18 months.

It is called a "45 day letter", because the letter asks you to contact their office 45 days prior to sailing and give them the reference number in your letter.

What is a 45 day letter?

If you have read the preceding letters you will understand that it is a usually snail mail letter with your good/bad experiences listed. Sometimes you will receive a "45 day letter" which at 45 days before your next cruise you are encouraged to call a 800 number and you will have a choice of "gifts" in your stateroom upon arrival.

There are times that people are promoted due to positive comments ie: room stewards/stewardesses, waiters/asst. waiters, bar men etc.:):)

I've sent two letters, the first saying we had a great cruise and how great the staff was. Got nothing. The second time was to complain about our last cruise and one of the excursions, didn't expect a response, but wanted them to know about it. Got a 45 day letter. Just called on it last week, hope to be getting the bar coupons. Would have loved OBC, but I'll happy to at least get something.

Archived