Which is better...Iberia or Air France??

OrangeKitty

My rating:

1) AF

2)AF

3) Swim

4) Stay home

5) Iberia

Air France is a fine airline and one that has actually improved over the past several years. Iberia has a well earned reputation of poor service -- particularly when you NEED good service (lost luggage, missed connection, canceled flight, etc.).

Some people really hate making connections at CDG (the AF hub). While it is far from my favorite airport, I have not found nearly as bad as some others do.

Have not flown Iberia but did fly from Paris to Rome last November on Air France. We flew Continental from Corpus Christi to Houston to Paris and since Air France is a partner with Continental we changed in Paris for the last leg. We flew Continental all the way home from Barcelona.

That said. We did not have a problem with CDG airport..... or with Air France. I allowed PLENTY of time to change planes there as I had heard the horror stories of CDG airport. Luckily we did not have to change terminals. The plane was an airbus thus a little noisy and definately not fancy but took off on time and got us there just fine.

There is nothing more noisy or less fancy about Airbus aircraft.

Airbus has long made the claim that the A340 is the quietest airliner in the sky from a passenger perspective. I don't know if the A380 has even lower noise levels. The "fanciness" of the interior is all based on how much the airline is willing to pay.

There is nothing more noisy or less fancy about Airbus aircraft.

?????? Not sure what you are saying here. It was definately noisy and seats were hard and cheap and old and dirty.

Airbus has long made the claim that the A340 is the quietest airliner in the sky from a passenger perspective. I don't know if the A380 has even lower noise levels. The "fanciness" of the interior is all based on how much the airline is willing to pay.

I do not know which airbus we were on......short 2 hr flight from Paris to Rome...... but it was the NOISEST plane I have ever been on.....loud engine noise. And as posted, inside was basic to say the least.

Iberia is an awful airline. They also have terrible in-flight entertainment... Whereas AF gives you personal TV's at your seat which is good/great for long-haul flights.

Perhaps on the long haul portion of their flights.......but our short hop from Paris to Rome had NO TV.... no entertainment of any sort. And the AC did not work very well.... I remember because I had a gentlemen next to me (closely I might add since the seats were small) that had bad body odor. Seems he said something about having been travelling for 36 hours or so from Asia......was most unpleasant for 2 hrs :eek:

but it did take off on time and got us there on time. No small feat while flying these day :D

Not sure what you are saying here. It was definately noisy and seats were hard and cheap and old and dirty.
There are parts of every aircraft that are noisier than others. And any airline can choose to fit out the aircraft with cheap and nasty interiors.

But that has nothing to do with the fact that it's an Airbus, or a Boeing, or an Ilyushin, or whatever.

You said:-

The plane was an airbus thus a little noisy and definately not fancy ...
So there is no "thus" in this at all. This had nothing whatever to do with the fact that it was an Airbus.

There are parts of every aircraft that are noisier than others. And any airline can choose to fit out the aircraft with cheap and nasty interiors.

But that has nothing to do with the fact that it's an Airbus, or a Boeing, or an Ilyushin, or whatever.

You said:-So there is no "thus" in this at all. This had nothing whatever to do with the fact that it was an Airbus.

Is it possible that this was an Alitalia codeshare??? About 80% of the flights on the current schedule from CDG to FCO are Alitalia codeshares, flown by Alitalia. Only flew Alitalia once but that was enough.

Archived