Monkeys at Cockelshell

jschafer6161

Can you see monkeys anywhere other than Turtle Beach? My girls would love to see the monkeys and pig, just wondering if they are only at Turtle Beach or if we may see them at cockelshell. thanks so much.

I don't remember seing monkey at Cockelshell. However, we saw them right at the port. There were few vendors let you hold and take picture with them for $$. My kids wanted and I paid $5 for 3 pictures.

MTV

• 3 weeks later...

You can find Wilbur the pig at Reggae Beach Bar on Cockleshell Beach. He did reside at the old Turtle Beach bar until it was sold and the owner built Reggae Beach Bar. There are large turtles in St Kitts but unless you dive or snorkel you will probably will not see them. There may be monkeys at Reggae Beach Bar, there were many of them at the old Turtle beach bar.

lol Im confused now.....

paul58, were you to St Kitts recently? We were there last yr- some of us went to so frigate bay beach and some to cockleshell beach.....Frigate beach and Mr Shiggidy shack was disappointing to me. The others who went to Cockleshell beach said it was a magnificent beach, beautiful sand, no mention of a PIG......Any pics of the new Reggae beach bar there, do you know when it was built? I am 99% sure this December we are headed to Cockleshell beach....

Any info and pics would be great thanks!

We were in St Kitts this past March & going back next month. Gary at Reggae Beach Bar had moved Wilbur sometime in early '08. Reggae Beach Bar was built in the Summer of 2007. He had just opened it in Nov of '07. Gary is the former owner of Turtle Beach Bar.

• 2 weeks later...
lol Im confused now.....

paul58, were you to St Kitts recently? We were there last yr- some of us went to so frigate bay beach and some to cockleshell beach.....Frigate beach and Mr Shiggidy shack was disappointing to me. The others who went to Cockleshell beach said it was a magnificent beach, beautiful sand, no mention of a PIG......Any pics of the new Reggae beach bar there, do you know when it was built? I am 99% sure this December we are headed to Cockleshell beach....

Any info and pics would be great thanks!

CarnivalDestiny#5223300174027235170

Here's a photo from our visit in July. Wilbur was in a penned area to the left. We really loved our day there and I had some amazing lobster (freshly caught and grilled) there. Yummy!

I saw Wilbur the pig last Saturday, 4 days ago. He was running all around the Reggae Beach bar at Cockleshell. He was not in a pen. I didn't get to see Frigate beach, but I was very disappointed with Cockleshell beach. I didn't think it was pretty at all and there were flies everywhere. We left shortly after we got there.

I saw Wilbur the pig last Saturday, 4 days ago. He was running all around the Reggae Beach bar at Cockleshell. He was not in a pen. I didn't get to see Frigate beach, but I was very disappointed with Cockleshell beach. I didn't think it was pretty at all and there were flies everywhere. We left shortly after we got there.

yea , but were there monkeys?

: )

( yup I am serious about the question)

yea , but were there monkeys?

: )

( yup I am serious about the question)

I didn't see any, but I didn't walk around the beach area either. I just saw Wilbur in front of the bar and spent a few minutes in the bar eating, then left.

We were just there last week. Wilbur is alive and well and roaming the beach. There were no wild monkeys but a gentleman had a cute baby named Cindy that you could pose with (for a price). One of the waitresses also has a baby monkey in a pen on the beach that was brought to her by a dog; mom was killed apparently. I could have sat there and watched that little one all day long. I refused to pay anyone at the pier to hold their monkeys; they were not treating them well; basically throwing them at people as they walked by. The poor little things were scared. The two we saw at Cockleshell were well cared for and loved. The beach isn't the greatest but we loved it there anyway. Very rocky everywhere.

We also visited St. Kitts last week...the lil' monkey at Reggae Beach is adorable...he climbed all over the picnic table and followed the waitress when we were there....Wilbur laid in the sun and then strolled over to his water dish for a drink...the beach in front of the Reggae Beach Bar & Grill isn't the prettiest...we walked away from the bar further down and it was beautiful! As far as seeing any other monkeys....we seen 2 on the way back into town at the edge of the road...they are quick lil' boogers....we were told that the monkeys come out to play more at night...

IMG_5922.jpg.e33f180c5811e902b8e62add7c813409.jpg

IMG_5962.jpg.d6aaed9f586f5e0dc7fe4224bd736289.jpg

IMG_5932.jpg.72006221427990f4905ff7c4006fa1c4.jpg

IMG_5958.jpg.1a7bde522af460910a7e670da76bcfc9.jpg

Archived