Upsell Did I Get a Good Deal

rick&james

OK folks i got a call this morning from a Carnival Rep to Upsell me into a suite on my 7 day western caribbean cruise on the Carnival Liberty. Heres some background on what we had me and my partner have never had a suite and always on 5 day or longer we always do atleast a balcony room.We had 8301 balcony room and paid about 1650 after taxes and surcharges the rep called and offered a suite for 280 more per person room 7278 port side is this a deal i should take or not the only reason i would take it is because during our cruise it will be my partners bday........Thanks for your advice James

Is this a good deal is really up to you.... that is approx. $560.00 less spending $$$ you have for your cruise and that could be a large portion of your Sail and Sign Bill just to say you had a suite ! Did that include any possible increase in fuel supplements over and above what you paid already ? Perhaps Carnival does not charge any increases on this type of scenario offered by them, which would be unfair since they sure don't mind charging a passenger when they are willing to purchase an upgrade from their originally booked cabin on their own.

Either way... it is something that only really you can determine as being a value or not.

The 560 was the upgrade price to a suite and there was no addtional fuel charge or tax increase. The regular suite price is 1299 per person before taxes and surcharges so that's 2600 then they add the taxes and surcharges. The sail and sign account we don't really drink or buy a lot onboards things maybe a few souverneirs and a few drinks at most about 300 with gratuities.

If you always wanted to book a suite but didn't want to pay the money then here is your chance........good luck!

I am waiting for my upsell call..........seems like it is becoming more common then not lately..........

My cruise in December has alot of cabins left...........

The 560 was the upgrade price to a suite and there was no addtional fuel charge or tax increase. The regular suite price is 1299 per person before taxes and surcharges so that's 2600 then they add the taxes and surcharges. The sail and sign account we don't really drink or buy a lot onboards things maybe a few souverneirs and a few drinks at most about 300 with gratuities.

You answered your own question... Go for it ! :rolleyes:

OK folks i got a call this morning from a Carnival Rep to Upsell me into a suite on my 7 day western caribbean cruise on the Carnival Liberty. Heres some background on what we had me and my partner have never had a suite and always on 5 day or longer we always do atleast a balcony room.We had 8301 balcony room and paid about 1650 after taxes and surcharges the rep called and offered a suite for 280 more per person room 7278 port side is this a deal i should take or not the only reason i would take it is because during our cruise it will be my partners bday........Thanks for your advice James

I just checked and they are showing NO SUITES at all left for this cruise. The highest cat is 9A. Did they offer you a 9A?

We took a similar upsell for our upcoming Legend cruise. It was a little less, just $460 total, but for a family of four. We didn't take it just to say we had a suite, but for the 50% additional room and balcony space, double sinks and whirlpool bath.

Since there are four of us, the extra space was very enticing, but this may not be as big an issue for a party of two.

But it really depends on your own thoughts and needs. We didn't think the suite was worth an additional $900 when we first booked, but half that, sure! For us, it doesn't leave us with "less" spending money, because we don't really stick to a set total budget when we vacation. If we had to choose between the upgrade and swimming with the dolphins, then we probably wouldn't have taken it.

Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

Hi James,

I think another thing I would consider, that I didnt' see mentioned in the original post is, how much time are you planning on spending in the suite? If it is quite a lot then I'd say the $560 is worth it. If not, I'd say stay with the balcony and get him a fab present (oh, about $560 worth ;) ) in port. A suite is nice, but if you are rarely in the room I'd say the $560 can be used for something more tangible (and lasting--and will be a great memory of your cruise). Just my $.02

Have a blast either way and happy birthday to your partner!!

Any One have any details photos or where i can find them i heard there is a walk in closet?

cruisedeckplans.com will show you pics and tell all. Cost $11. for lifetime membership on their site but much info there.

Don't think I'd would have sprung the $560 for a cat 11. Cat 12 probably, but not 11. Never have got the upsell call, so haven't been tempted.

Dan

Ive never gotten a upsell call before but i have recvd calls from the carnival number thinking it was my PVP so i wonder if they have tried to call me on previous cruises and since i didnt answer i missed out on the upsell so you can say from now on i will answer ever 305 area code number when ive got a cruise booked.I took the upsell for this cruise based on the orginal price and the fact its my partners Bday and heck i may never get the upsell call in the future so i jumped at the chance.........

• 8 months later...

Hey guys, how was your cruise? My daughter talked me into booking 7278 for over $2600 to have a tub and extra room for her lil man, who will be under 2 when we cruise. G'ma wanted a wraparound balcony (which is only $40 pp less than a suite) or a balcony cabin on the Lido deck. How did you like the room?

Also, I don't do ship entertainment. Was there anything that was not cheesy? Thanks!

Archived