Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Just booked Celebrity Eclipse - Aquaclass Verandah on the Penthouse deck - 7 nights - April 2nd out of Miami - solo - 1,076.78 with prepaid gratuities!!

You win the "shopper of the year" award. That is a great price!

Now, if I only lived near Miami. The flight alone would make the trip so much less exciting.

I'll have to check out Celebrity on the westcoast. I happen to like them very much.

Enjoy your cruise.

You win the "shopper of the year" award. That is a great price!

Now, if I only lived near Miami. The flight alone would make the trip so much less exciting.

I'll have to check out Celebrity on the westcoast. I happen to like them very much.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi,:) Celebrity rarely sails from the West Coast. It is a topic of conversation over on the Celebrity Forum. They sail to Alasksa

but other than that not much is offered. Now, I am going on a repo

in May:D. Sails from San Diego for 8 nights and ends in Vancouver and

the ship docks in San Francisco overnight as well:D

Edited by Lois R

Hi,:) Celebrity rarely sails from the West Coast. It is a topic of conversation over on the Celebrity Forum. They sail to Alasksa

but other than that not much is offered. Now, I am going on a repo

in May:D. Sails from San Diego for 8 nights and ends in Vancouver and

the ship docks in San Francisco overnight as well:D

We were on the Celebrity Summit a few years ago, going to Mexico. It was a wonderful vacation and I loved the ship. I would board her again in a heartbeat.

Your cruise on the repo sounds wonderful.

I'll stay with Princess, HAL or Carnival when it comes to R/T from So. Ca. Ports.

I do need to fulfill that "cruising" bug at least once a year!

Just booked Celebrity Eclipse - Aquaclass Verandah on the Penthouse deck - 7 nights - April 2nd out of Miami - solo - 1,076.78 with prepaid gratuities!!

Lucky You!

I am dying to know what it was like for you on Celebrity as a solo cruiser.

I have one of the Solstice class ships on my wish list.

Hope fully in the fall.

Please report back after you sail

Fran

Lucky You!

I am dying to know what it was like for you on Celebrity as a solo cruiser.

I have one of the Solstice class ships on my wish list.

Hope fully in the fall.

Please report back after you sail

Fran

Hi Fran:) I have been sailing solo on Celebrity for 8 years. I will

be glad to help with any questions you might have.

Hi Fran:) I have been sailing solo on Celebrity for 8 years. I will

be glad to help with any questions you might have.

Hi Lois

I have been reading about your adventures for awhile now. The more i opinions i hear about the better.

But i was most curious about your tablemates at dinner. Are you sat with mostly couples?

I did a Pacific Coastal on NCL Pearl last year. The one on the Century should be awesome for you. If you havent been to San Diego before, it is a great town. And San Francisco even better. Lucky you have an overnight there. I wouldnt care myself to go to Astoria or Nanaimo again.

On my cruise the captain took us through the inside passage for a bit, what beautiful scenery.

Enjoy!

Thanks

Hi Lois

I have been reading about your adventures for awhile now. The more i opinions i hear about the better.

But i was most curious about your tablemates at dinner. Are you sat with mostly couples?

I did a Pacific Coastal on NCL Pearl last year. The one on the Century should be awesome for you. If you havent been to San Diego before, it is a great town. And San Francisco even better. Lucky you have an overnight there. I wouldnt care myself to go to Astoria or Nanaimo again.

On my cruise the captain took us through the inside passage for a bit, what beautiful scenery.

Enjoy!

Thanks

Hi Fran:) I would have to go back over my last few cruises and

give you an idea of each one. My most recent sailing (last month)

I sat with 2 couples from my roll call. I have done that a few times

over the years. I don't care if it is all couples. We all became quite

friendly and it was a very enjoyable dinner:D

The cruise prior to that was 3 nights only on Eclipse and did the same

thing, but it was 2 sisters and 1 gal who went on her own as her hubby

couldn't go so it was the 4 of us.

Now, I have not always linked bookings with folks from the roll call

but it is a really nice way to meet other passengers.

Back in May 2010 I had a good friend working on the ship.

She was not an officer but was in Management and she and I are

friends off the ship too and she and I ate together for the week.

This was on Summit also;) So that was quite fun for me as we

decided to eat in the Specialty Restaurant all week!

I am just home for lunch now but will be glad to give you some more

information this evening. (gotta go back to work).

Have a good day:)

Hi Fran,:) was thinking about your dining question. As I mentioned, I

have linked bookings with others from my roll calls. Most have been

couples but not all.

I would say the % of my tablemates have been very good:)...once

in a blue moon things might not have clicked but that is far and few

between.

I always ask for a large table and late dining. I prefer an 8 top but

that is flexible;)....last cruise was just the 5 of us but that was

fine since we had chatted on the roll call:)

You mentioned Naniamo and Astoria. This will be my 2nd time in

Nanaimo and my 1st in Astoria. I am looking forward to going to both

places!:D

There are many good deals for solos just released by Princess for 2012 and 2013. I found an incredible bargain of a 4-day cruise to Bermuda from New York in a full suite (window no balcony) for $649. This includes all full suite amenities. Shortly after I booked it, I saw that category was waitlisted!

Hi Fran,:) was thinking about your dining question. As I mentioned, I

have linked bookings with others from my roll calls. Most have been

couples but not all.

I would say the % of my tablemates have been very good:)...once

in a blue moon things might not have clicked but that is far and few

between.

I always ask for a large table and late dining. I prefer an 8 top but

that is flexible;)....last cruise was just the 5 of us but that was

fine since we had chatted on the roll call:)

You mentioned Naniamo and Astoria. This will be my 2nd time in

Nanaimo and my 1st in Astoria. I am looking forward to going to both

places!:D

Lois...as usual you are the best ambassador for solo cruising.

California Dreamer - I can echo Lois' comment. Its a mixed bag, once I sat with two couples (40's) and (80's), a party of three (very bizarre grouping) and me. The bizarre people moved to a private table about 36 inches from our table (a little awkward) and the couple in their 40's changed to slect with their own table (they had never been on a traditional cruise). That left me and the couple in their 80's ....they were awesome tablemates.

Another time I sat with a father (70's), son (30's), two sisters (50's) and three girlfriends (35-40), a man (69) who sails about 300 days a year on all different lines and me.

My favorite tablemates have been couples....I like older couples.....I learn a lot at dinner!!!!!

I also go to the specialty restaurant alone...I went three times last cruise.

This upcoming "solo" cruise has turned into a non-solo because my girlefirend and her husband have booked now as well......I am happy but by no means do I want to spend the whole time with them....... We will link our reservations but are hoping for a larger table.....

I really don't care about being the only single at the table....trust me if I wanted a husband I would have done it a long ago...... I may be jaded but to me cruising with a boyfriend her husband would not be my cup of tea......I love my freedom and I don't like having to consider what someone else wants to do....that may sound selfish....but I know my limitations.

After years of raising a child completely by myself...I am not interested in consulting anyone on my plans for the day.....I have a date with some flying fish on the balcony and that is about it......

If you would have told me I would feelthis way before I took my first solo I would have called you crazy....I cruised solo out of desperation the first time.....now it is 100% by choice....and I love it!!!!!

Cheryl, thanks for the kind words.:) I appreciate it. Hopefully one

day we will meet on a cruise. I am waiting (like everyone else over

there) for all the new itineraries to be released...week by week.....

it is called "Hurry Up and Wait":rolleyes:

Thanks Lois and cherylroslyn for taking the time to answer my questions.

I am looking forward to trying my first cruise on Celebrity. I wanted to book the Balcony deal in April but it was too last minute for me, flying cross country and all. Maybe next year. Hope i didnt pass up a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I also just lost 20 pounds and dont want to spoil it just yet by cruising. The food is the main thing i like to cruise for....which is why i am taking a break from NCL for now.

Lois i didnt realize you had been to those cities already...most people havent.

Now back to the "posting of cruiseline single supplement deals" .

Thanks Lois and cherylroslyn for taking the time to answer my questions.

I am looking forward to trying my first cruise on Celebrity. I wanted to book the Balcony deal in April but it was too last minute for me, flying cross country and all. Maybe next year. Hope i didnt pass up a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I also just lost 20 pounds and dont want to spoil it just yet by cruising. The food is the main thing i like to cruise for....which is why i am taking a break from NCL for now.

Lois i didnt realize you had been to those cities already...most people havent.

Now back to the "posting of cruiseline single supplement deals" .

Many cruises under my belt, some solo, where i end up meeting friends and new people.

Has anyone ever gotten a sungle rate on Celebrity?

My next cruise I picked up a great deal for the fall TA of Equinox, but not a single supplement.

I check sites as well that list single discounts,,, but nothing on a regular basis.

Any suggestions?

Love to cruise and hope to meet you aboard someday.

Carolyn

Lois...as usual you are the best ambassador for solo cruising.

California Dreamer - I can echo Lois' comment. Its a mixed bag, once I sat with two couples (40's) and (80's), a party of three (very bizarre grouping) and me. The bizarre people moved to a private table about 36 inches from our table (a little awkward) and the couple in their 40's changed to slect with their own table (they had never been on a traditional cruise). That left me and the couple in their 80's ....they were awesome tablemates.

Another time I sat with a father (70's), son (30's), two sisters (50's) and three girlfriends (35-40), a man (69) who sails about 300 days a year on all different lines and me.

My favorite tablemates have been couples....I like older couples.....I learn a lot at dinner!!!!!

I also go to the specialty restaurant alone...I went three times last cruise.

This upcoming "solo" cruise has turned into a non-solo because my girlefirend and her husband have booked now as well......I am happy but by no means do I want to spend the whole time with them....... We will link our reservations but are hoping for a larger table.....

I really don't care about being the only single at the table....trust me if I wanted a husband I would have done it a long ago...... I may be jaded but to me cruising with a boyfriend her husband would not be my cup of tea......I love my freedom and I don't like having to consider what someone else wants to do....that may sound selfish....but I know my limitations.

After years of raising a child completely by myself...I am not interested in consulting anyone on my plans for the day.....I have a date with some flying fish on the balcony and that is about it......

If you would have told me I would feelthis way before I took my first solo I would have called you crazy....I cruised solo out of desperation the first time.....now it is 100% by choice....and I love it!!!!!

You make it sound so good! I have not cruised solo yet, but was left on my own a lot on our last cruise because DH was not feeling well.

I went to the shows alone but always found someone who wanted to chit-chat. When I would go to the dining room there was always someone to talk to and to share my day with. I could have gone to the Horizon Court or a Specialty Restaurant and been by myself, if I wished but I'm a very social being and do like to share in other people's experiences.

What's so interesting about cruising is that you can be in the middle of a ship filled with over three thousand strangers and be as alone as you want or be in the mix and having a drink or a meal with others, if you want.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Brenda I totally agree with you....and even in the specialty restaurant usually the staff will stop by and talk to me or even other passengers or the maitre'd...so I may be alone for a few minutes...but people are circulating through and the food is to die for...

Lois - I know we have all been waiting for the new itineraries...the Captain club booking promotion does not seem so great for a solo...I think I am better off booking while on board in April. I really do wish to be able to meet you on board some day....since my cruising frequency is increasing I know the odds will only get better......I am trying to model myself after you...lol!

Carolyn - I don't really focus on the supplement. I mock book a cruise to see the cost as a solo passenger and I decide if it seems fair. Generally I book well in advance and on basically all of my cruises I have watched the prices increase closer to embarkation.

I think for me it is easy because I love an inside room if I am alone...but I need a balcony if I am traveling with someone... I think can get an inside cabin on a high deck for about half the cost of a double occupancy balcony....so it ends up being a fairly easy decision and I don't focus on what I would be paying as half of a duo....because I'm not.....

Hi Cheryl,:) I look at the same thing you do...the total price of the cruise.

I know there is going to be a supplement and so that is what it is.

If the whole price is within my budget then I know I can afford it and

the supplement is just part of the price.

Thanks again for the kind words...my hero on here is really Darcie:)

She is able to book all sorts of luxury lines and goes solo too......

What a wonderful encouraging group. thank you all for your advice and thoughts. Actually i have never gotten a single supplement discount, but have been on some great cruises.

I. as well. like to go solo and make up my own mind and decide what looks good to go and do, or do nothing at all.

Happy travels to everyone.

Carolyn

I have found a really good deal on Royal Carribean (Voyager of the Seas), it leaves from Venice Italy and has a really nice itinerary (7 days), last week of September and October departures. Double occupancy is priced for interior cabins at $596 and with the single suppl. only $756, so not a big suppl. If you have some kind of air reward plan it might be worth it, if not then you can try getting a special deal on flights, I have booked it already, just thought I'd pass it on, hope some people will take advantage of this great price:)

I just booked the Voyager of the Seas. 7 day Adriatic Sea Coastal Cruise departing Venice 10-15-11 for $762.08 with a $50 OBC...including taxes and single supplement. $108.86 per day. Not bad for Mediterranean.

As someone who likes to cruise at least eight weeks a year, it is getting harder to find under $100 a day cruises for a solo traveller, but I have booked the 8 weeks again this year. I would suggest that folks also look at Costa for the mediterranean, since about half their ships have a few single cabins. e.g. I did back-to-backs on Costa Fortuna last year out of Venice; one just over $700, but the other just under $700, so not including getting to Venice, the cruising averaged out at $100 a day.

Tuesday Specials on Celebrity this coming week and they have some

REALLY LOW Prices AND they lowered the SS on some of the sailings

as well. If any of you can cruise last minute (next month)....this is

the link to the specials. It is allowed because it is booking directly

through the cruiseline:)...you have to book the cruise on Tuesday.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

As someone who likes to cruise at least eight weeks a year, it is getting harder to find under $100 a day cruises for a solo traveller, but I have booked the 8 weeks again this year. I would suggest that folks also look at Costa for the mediterranean, since about half their ships have a few single cabins. e.g. I did back-to-backs on Costa Fortuna last year out of Venice; one just over $700, but the other just under $700, so not including getting to Venice, the cruising averaged out at $100 a day.

My cruise last year and the one next year with Costa worked out at £70 per day including flights/hotel pre-stay....both over a month long.

Both are in single cabins, no supplement charged.

Hi Goldryder;

I was booked for a couple of weeks on the Allegra, only to find (six months after booking) that my cruises were cancelled for refurbishment of the ship, so have not been on it yet. They did not inform me and I only found out when trying to print out my boarding paperwork. I had to eat cost of flight change fees, which costa refused to offer anything for, claiming it was my problem because I did not book flights through them.

Costa Victoria does not have single cabins, so you got a great deal.

Tuesday Specials on Celebrity this coming week and they have some

REALLY LOW Prices AND they lowered the SS on some of the sailings

as well. If any of you can cruise last minute (next month)....this is

the link to the specials. It is allowed because it is booking directly

through the cruiseline:)...you have to book the cruise on Tuesday.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Thank you Lois,

Super site, will book mark for sure.

Hope to meet you someday, somewhere.

Carolyn