Anyone ever get a Carnival "CALL 45 DAYS BEFORE CRUISE" letter?

MrPete

I got the letter...and forgot to call :( until I read this post a few day's ago. The rep that answered the phone said it was not too late for me to call, but she didn't ask me any questions other than my reference number, name and ship name and date of sailing. Before hanging up, she told me she would "make a note of my call to my account". So, we will see what I get, if anything, in 17 days...LOL :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to revive this post a little. When you send an email, letter, etc., someone said that it takes a couple months for them to reply. Do you have to receive your letter (if you're going to get one) more than 45 days before your cruise? Has anyone received a letter just before their cruise? I emailed them before I saw this post and now I really want some free stuff! :o

What is the email address you send your letter to?Or do you have to write a letter. I took a Carnival cruise last Jan and April and am doing another one this coming Jan.Is it too late to write and tell them what a great cruise I had last April and expect to get a letter?

I'm trying to revive this post a little. When you send an email, letter, etc., someone said that it takes a couple months for them to reply. Do you have to receive your letter (if you're going to get one) more than 45 days before your cruise? Has anyone received a letter just before their cruise? I emailed them before I saw this post and now I really want some free stuff! :o

Just a note of warning here. Just because you send a letter, good or bad, doesn't mean you will receive a letter in return offering you anything. It is not automatic.

Hi. We received the letter earlier this spring. After I read this thread, I sent a letter to Carnival regarding our cruise on the Glory last Thanksgiving. We called 30 days out and are getting photo coupons for either 3- 5X7's or 2- 6X9's. Tried for drink coupons, but no go and we are not big wine drinkers. I know I will buy some photos, so this will save us a bit. Happy cruising.

Joanne :)

Just a note of warning here. Just because you send a letter, good or bad, doesn't mean you will receive a letter in return offering you anything. It is not automatic.
Oh, I totally understand that, but I was just wondering the time frame if I would get a letter.....don't want to run to the mailbox everyday if I'm past the time frame that a letter might show up.......This is kind of like the lottery without spending the money, only more fun cuz there's a cruise looming in the wings!

Now, the question is.......how long between when you sent your email, letter, etc to carnival and your receipt of the "call 45 days" letter?

• 2 months later...

I just called concerning our 45 day letter, I know, I'm two days early. We were offered:

1. Sparkling Wine and Champagne

2. White or Red Wine

3. Fruit Basket

4. Photo Coupons

5. Bar coupons

I picked the bar coupons. Really wanted to ask how many we would get but didn't want to sound greedy. Looking forward to the "drink of the day".

Lynn

when I called, about 2 weeks ago, I was offered a bottle of wine, photo coupons or 'something like that'...I tooke the wine or photos, she said that nothing was for sure, as far as my choice, so I guess it will be a nice surpirse...

We are getting 2 welcome aboard gifts.one for my warm fuzzy feedback about or service from our Carnival PVP Tori A in Colorado branch . and the other ( for DH)Who had some really big problems on our last cruise.The first letter I got we go to choose out a few things( I chose the pictures) but his we have to take what the captain gives us.I hope it will be nice.:confused:

Ok you guys, so now that I know about the 45 day letter. I just sent Carnival an email telling them just how much I enjoyed my last cruise. Since I have 47 days left to sail, we will see if they get back to me in time for some free bees, if not, I will still have a blast on my cruise in March!!!

:} Wish me luck!

• 3 months later...
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=87602

found the list at this other thread:

1. Sparkling Wine and Champagne

2. White or Red Wine

3. Non-Alcoholic Wine

4. Fruit Basket

5. Snack Tray

6. Sun Wear

7. Chocolates

8. Photo Coupons (3-5x7's or 2-6x9's)