Anyone ever get a Carnival "CALL 45 DAYS BEFORE CRUISE" letter?

MrPete

Just back from Oct 16-21 Imagination; I had one of these letters and I did call a month before going on this cruise; When we got to our cabin, it was decorated for my wife's birthday; streamers and balloons; also 2 nice keychains; When we called they did give us a choice of drink coupons, photo coupons, wine, chocolate, and the decorations; It was a nice added touch. We received the letter after our Sensation voyage last year. I wrote to thank Carnival on this cruise and they sent the "45" day letter;

Pete, I e-mailed Carnival to let them know how much I enjoyed the Pride (May 2003). I also told them what we didn't like. I received the "45 day" letter. I called 45 days before we left on the Conquest (Jan 2004) and received 8 drink coupons. 4 for my hubby and 4 for me.

Any chance you get this, if you are a first time cruiser with Carnival? Do you have to book direct with Carnival?

I received mine after writing a letter to Carnival after my Pride cruise outlining the things that pleased me about their service and the things that could be improved on.

It will be nice to be able to pick out what I would like.

I get them a lot. Then again, I write a nice letter after each cruise. :)

The most recent one was the best 45 day letter, though--it gave me the freebie (it'll likely be champagne if you drink...they'll ask you some questions usually) AND 15% discount off 2 people for the next cruise. Be sure to call 45 days out or you will wind up with less optimal alternatives--photo frame, film developing coupon, coke coupons, etc..

Where do I e-mail them about how much I loved our cruise last year? I sent an e-mail to the "contact us" at the Carnival website about 2 weeks ago but have heard nothing since. We don't leave til Jan but by the sounds of it, I should have heard something back by now.

Where do I e-mail them about how much I loved our cruise last year? I sent an e-mail to the "contact us" at the Carnival website about 2 weeks ago but have heard nothing since. We don't leave til Jan but by the sounds of it, I should have heard something back by now.

It takes them 1 to 2 mos to reply.... just be patient. :)

After my Triumph cruise, I wrote a letter and received a reply about 2 months later. I got the "45 day letter" along with 2 $50 discount coupons for the spa, and 2 $30 shore excursion discounts! I will be using these next year on my Miracle cruise.

We write to Carnival following each cruise... it is now just a part of "the process".

I was recently expecting a 45day letter following my letter to them regarding our Sensation cruise... but instead I received the 15% off "Our next cruise" (for 2). So I called Carnival a few weeks ago (following final payment) and they applied the 15% off to our Legend cruise... we then received OVER $350 back on our credit card!!! WOO HOO... I had asked if they could just apply it to our S&S account for the cruise, and they said they could not.

On occasions when we did receive the "45 day letter" Carnival would never let us choose what we received - they simply asked "screening questions" :

> do you drink?

> are you a diabetic

> etc....

I made a point to always "ask" if drink coupons could be sent... but alas, when you ASK, you tend not to GET....

After our very first 45 day letter, we were greeted by SIXTEEN drink coupons... on our following cruise: $90 in photo credits... next: a box of stale chocolate...:eek:

So ---- I will welcome the 15% letter everytime, if that is what the want to send!!!:cool:

Tom

Wow wonder when I will get to the drink coupons LOL! So far I have had baskets, $50 X 2 sail & sign credit, $100 X 2 sail & sign credit and 10% off. Tried writing a real nice letter to Princess after my last Princess Cruise and got a nice letter back telling me Thank You for writing LOL!

Wow wonder when I will get to the drink coupons LOL! So far I have had baskets, $50 X 2 sail & sign credit, $100 X 2 sail & sign credit and 10% off. Tried writing a real nice letter to Princess after my last Princess Cruise and got a nice letter back telling me Thank You for writing LOL!

so do they tell you in the letter what you'll get or is it at the discretion of the CSR answering your call? Do they cross refrence your letter to their database to ensure you've sent the letter? It seems like a heck of a lot of work for CCL to keep track of and determine what you get...

So does it matter when you email, send a letter or call? I just emailed them twice about some great help I got from some planners for my Valor cruiste in Feb 05, even mentioned them by name. Do you think I'll get a letter?

Archived