visa certificates

prettybird

Now would be fine, if you are pretty sure you are going and have accumulated what you will need. It has to be within 6 months of the cruise and you are well within that time frame. We usually make final payment a little early so we can also apply the double points received to our onboard credit. We don't seem to have the huge numbers of points that others have. :)

I called visa about 6 weeks before our cruise and got the certificate in about a week. Remember to make a copy of your certificate and take it with you. On our last cruise, we did not get the credit and I brought the copy to the service desk and we got the credit the next morning.

I am planning on using ours for a free companion fare on our 4 night cruise on the Radiance next year, plus I will have enough for some OBC. We are 12 months out. The last time I used them was just for OBC and I sent them in about 3 months out. I had no problem receiving my credits on board.

How far in advance should I send them in for the free cruise fare? We are booked in a D1 and the free fare is for the lowest available OV, so I will still have a bit to pay. I was thinking of calling for my free fare about 6 months in advance, having it applied and then paying my balance early. Then go for the OBC? Thanks!:)

I just signed up for the card so will be getting 10,000 points that I will use for $100 OBC. I thought the rewards had to be in increments of 5,000...? On Royal's site it has a chart showing what all you can get with 10,000 points, 15,000 points, etc. But above people said they waited to send for their certificate until they made final payment so they could apply that amount to the OBC. So can we redeem an odd amount, like 11,000 for $110 OBC?

I just signed up for the card so will be getting 10,000 points that I will use for $100 OBC. I thought the rewards had to be in increments of 5,000...? On Royal's site it has a chart showing what all you can get with 10,000 points, 15,000 points, etc. But above people said they waited to send for their certificate until they made final payment so they could apply that amount to the OBC. So can we redeem an odd amount, like 11,000 for $110 OBC?

No, here's the breakdown.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/offer/visa.do;jsessionid=0000xEGPKAMNobaS3zrjBJLbb2i:12hbiocak?cS=NAVBAR

First let me say that it's Monday and my brain is not working today..... Does this mean I can use my 10,000 points for $100 obc???? I thought the website meant that only one reward per point value which would mean I can only use 5,000 for $50 or the next one which is 15,000 for 150 but that you CANT use 10,000 for $100...... someone please translate this for me!!!!!

You can call Visa up and ask to redeem 2 5,000 point certificates. They will mail you two certificates. You can check off $50 OBC on both of them and receive $100 OBC.

I can't remember for sure but I think the certificates are generic on the back, meaning they give you all the options that you can use them for and you just check the box you want. You can get a certificate for 15,000 points and check the box for OBC. You will end up with a $150 OBC. Maybe someone who has done this recently (or has their copy of one they sent in) can correct me if I am wrong.

Archived