We're back from the AOS 9/21/08 sailing

Just a few notes to let you know that the AOS is a great ship and our family of 6 had a wonderful cruise. If you want to see San Juan, it is best to go a few days before or after the cruise. Old San Juan is definitely worth seeing but most things are closed Sunday morning.

We had three balconies on floor 7 (7568, 7570, & 7572) and were on the best side to view all the dockings. It was an excellent location. We had some rain but there are so many things to do on board and when in port that it was no problem.

We are all vegetarians and had MANY choices every night and all of it was fantastic. My husband and I have taken over 10 cruises and this was by far the best food we have ever had. Good variety and flavor. Our waiters, Abhijuit and Erick were excellent and very attentive. Truly a great experience every night.

The Ice Show was our favorite entertainment but unfortunately they left the ship with us on Sunday. I'm sure they will be replaced so don't miss going to the show. The Drifters were also on board early in the cruise and were great, very entertaining.

As far as shore excursions, a couple were cancelled due to the rain, only because the water was cloudy and they felt that we would not have had a good snorkeling experience. We had a full refund before we even checked our Sea Pass card that evening and we were able to pick up some other things later in the week. Our son and wife went on the Tiki Island Tour in St. Marteen, a floating island, and really enjoyed it. A new excursion and the owner spent lots of time with them, you can stay on the island all day if you like and it had good food including a fresh grouper sandwich.

We all went to Magen's Bay in St. Thomas billed as one of the top 10 beaches by National Geographic. It was a nice beach but certainly not a top 10 in our opinion, but now we can say that we were there!

One thing we would not repeat is the transfer from the ship to the airport. We arrived fine but the luggage was unloaded in another terminal and only by accident did we find it. This also happened to us in Barcelona last April on the Navigator. From now on we will take our luggage and a taxi on our own, especially if you have tight connections with the airlines.

All in all it was a great trip, our two first timers of the family are hooked and have already emailed me of suggestions for the next family cruise.

We were also on this sailing.

We did the Sea and See tour it was ok, got to see the sites but the boat that lets you see stuff under water was just alright.

Also be sure to to go to the Schooner bar and see Mike the piano player, he is great had a blast doing the the sing along in the evenings.

The Duck and Dog was a HUGE dissapointment someone should really tell that guy what sing along means.

Thanks for the review. Did you do any excursion in Aruba?

We were on the same cruise (and still in SJ!). We took the Sea & See tour and enjoyed it. I am a SCUBA diver but DW is not. She enjoyed the ride in the Atlantis sitting down below sea level and looking at the reef fish. They did a good job of telling everyone the names of the fish and of looking at the wreck on the German ship. Later we had a land tour and hit the highlights on the island. We saw the light house, new natural bridge and rocks. Our guide was good in telling us about the area. I would recommend it.

Our tour in Aruba was cancelled, the Helmet Dive, so we just walked around downtown some. It is nice to be able to just walk to the shops in a couple of minutes. Had been there before so didn't take in much.

We too, were really disappointed with Duck and Dog Pub. We had planned to have drinks there in the evenings but after the first night with all the smokers, we never went back. Also, avoided the Sports Bar. We were really surprised that they would have two smoking bars so open on the promanade. You could smell the smoke just walking by. I realize people have the right to smoke in designated areas but they are much more separated on the Navigator.

In Curacao, our sons took the Dune Buggy ride and had great fun. They got to see the entire island and drove on the main roads, even came over the tall bridge which was great for photos. They would definitely take that excursion again and recommend it to any age. There was no off road bumpy ride, etc.

You can walk to town there easily and find the shops downtown. We enjoyed seeing the floating market which arrives each morning from Venezuela.

We were on the same cruise (and still in SJ!). We took the Sea & See tour and enjoyed it. I am a SCUBA diver but DW is not. She enjoyed the ride in the Atlantis sitting down below sea level and looking at the reef fish. They did a good job of telling everyone the names of the fish and of looking at the wreck on the German ship. Later we had a land tour and hit the highlights on the island. We saw the light house, new natural bridge and rocks. Our guide was good in telling us about the area. I would recommend it.

I saw where the other one collapsed....how did they get a new natural bridge? :D

Just returned as well. DH & I did the ATV tour in Aruba with Kinikini. I was hesitant but had a blast. As arubalisa said, you do get filthy. However, it's a great way to see the island from all levels and to visit all the sites.

Archived