I am worried

M&Mtime

I am booked in an 8A on deck 6 (6416) Aft looking at the deck plans it looks like I am over the Disco. Is the noise that bad? Me and my fiance fall asleep with the tv on every night so maybe we won't need it. But is it loud enough to keep you awake? We are not to worried about it has we are both heavy sleepers but just want to know what to expect.

I wouldn't take that room. But I would never be able to fall asleep with a tv or radio on. I even turn off the ceiling fan at home. I think you've answered your own question as you have said you are heavy sleepers. It also depends how long you plan to stay up.

Thats a chance you take with guaranteed rooms (I'm assuming of course that you booked gty or surely you would have picked a different area.)

I know that people near the karaoke bar complained the first night so they cut karaoke off at midnight every night because of one complainer. If you have opportunity to relocate, I'd do it.

worst case take some ear plugs.

Ear plugs wont help as it is the bass that is penetrating the floors. I had a cabin in the rear of the Conquest on Deck 6. The noise from the piano bar and Degas Lounge continued to almost 1am in the morning. Luckily we normally got back to the cabin around midnight so it was not too bad.

Dave

Thats a chance you take with guaranteed rooms (I'm assuming of course that you booked gty or surely you would have picked a different area.)

I know that people near the karaoke bar complained the first night so they cut karaoke off at midnight every night because of one complainer. If you have opportunity to relocate, I'd do it.

Our last cruise we were over a lounge and myself and 4 other cabins were in constant touch with the Pursor's desk and I had an argument with Malcolm, the CD (we all asked that the music end at midnight....he said he had to go along with what the Capers said...to discover he writes the Capers and could set the time whenever he wished)

BUT...at the last minute I did pack earplugs because hubby has sleep apnea and with his CPap machine it is better....but not perfect...well, the earplugs worked for both of us.....so if you do not switch (and you will feel the vibrations) get the earplugs...

Archived