Independent Tours in Dunedin

margord

We are doing the Princess NZ to Australia cruise in February. Any recommendations on independent tours in Dunedin. Arthur's tours looks good but not for just 2 people. Our roll call has very little people so I haven't found anyone else that also wants to do his tour. Any thoughts or ideas?

Marilee

We are doing the Princess NZ to Australia cruise in February. Any recommendations on independent tours in Dunedin. Arthur's tours looks good but not for just 2 people. Our roll call has very little people so I haven't found anyone else that also wants to do his tour. Any thoughts or ideas?

Marilee

We've signed up with the Backtonature tours...Will do the City, penguin reserve and the Albatross reserve for 165$pp NZ, which ended up on our credit card as 201$ total for 2. Full day tour, small vehicle. Also visits famous railroad terminal. He has a "youtube" video listed in his email to me...: http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1619192 done by a passenger on his tour.:)

• 3 weeks later...

While in Dunedin (first ship of the season), we used Back to Nature tours with Chris Roberts. We were the only two booked, but he picked up another two at the port. Our bus would have accomodate eleven, I believe, so it was quite comfortable.

Chris was great throughout the process, especially with communication in advance of the tour. He's really quick to respond and great with information.

The tour was really good. We did not tour the Albatross Center as they were not doing tours at the time we were there due to nesting season, so our price was less than Napi's Mom. We had a pretty complete tour of the city, plus a full tour of the peninsula. We did stop at the Albatross Center for some spectacular views although we could not tour.

Chris was eager to share his country with and kept us amused. I'd certainly recommend the tour to anyone. Be aware there is some walking and some steps involved at some of the sights.

Hi Marilee! I see we are both doing the same thing - lol! Just starting my "reseach" and not sure at all what we will want to do re: excursions, but it's always more fun with others. My problem is that I want a LOT of time on land - like a few nights at each stop. Don't think that's gonna happen!

+1 for Arthur's Tours. We were there in late October 2007. It was just the wife and I; our traveling companions elected not to go with us (took a ship's tour) and we opted to spend the money for just us. We had a wonderful time with John. We couldn't have asked for a better guide - ask for him.

Can anybody confirm the departure time as i am about to book a shore excursion which arrives back at 1700 and to my paper work and talking to celebrity they state dep of the millennium is at 1700 been in touch with the tour organizers who state the ship dep at 1800 and also Awesome Tours returns there tour at

4.30 /5.00pm which would be to late?

Archived