Charleston, SC Pre-Cruise Economical Hotels

*Wink*

Does anyone have suggestions for a Charleston, SC hotel we can stay the night before our April cruise? We'd like to leave our car there for the week as well. We've stayed at Holiday Inn Riverview, but the rate is now $180. Embassy Suites North Charleston is booked. Thanks for your suggestions.

AWinkler:)

I don't know Charleston....but I know where there's lots of info here at CruiseCritic, on the East Coast departures board. This thread has tons of info you should take a look at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=628998

This next thread is also helpful at finding hotels with parking and shuttles:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=649604

TripAdvisor has lots of Charleston hotel reviews...you might want to look at the ranking and prices of those listed, and match them up with the info above:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g54171-Charleston_South_Carolina-Hotels.html

If you were expecting a response with personal knowledge, sorry...just think you're more likely to get that on the East Coast Departure board.

We have booked a night, 10-30, at the Best Western on South Street. (843-722-4000). Now you have to get permission from Mr. Smith, the manager, to leave you car there. I called him yesterday and he gave permissiomn for us to leave our car for 14 days- NCL Majesty from Philly to Charleston. Think the price is about $80 a night but if you consider the cost of leaving your car at the port, its worth it. A cab is about $5.00 to the ship. And, we're usually there the day before the ship leaves so won't miss it!!!!!!!!

Charleston is such a great city. Lots of history. It would be worth it I would think for you to spend a couple of days pre or post cruise. We have stayed there many times, we like the bed and breakfast inns but they would be more than $80 a night. I know of a very nice B & B that would run you around $140 a night, right in the heart of Charleston- let me know if you are interested.

Thanks Momofmeg ~ Charleston's neat.. living in South Carolina we're under 3 hours by car, and yet we've only been there for pre-cruise nights!! A B&B doesn't really appeal to me for this trip, but I may ask you one day for a land trip. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

A.

Archived