Rain the whole time?

agrip76

:D On my first cruise it seemed like it did. Of corse we were between two tropical storms in late October. It rained when we arrived in Miami. Rained when we got to San Juan. Still walked around, nice warm rain. St. Thomas it was nice, then sudden downpour as we headed up Paradise Point. Finally stopped when we left.:rolleyes: But St Maartin was sunny. One beach day was a bummer but we were on vacation so I didn't care. Back on ship, got down the water slide once, then here came the rain. But it was still my first cruise and it got me hooked. Just smile, get wet and have fun.:D

We've had two in a row with bad weather. Just go with the flow and find other activities if it is really bad. It usually doesn't rain all day anywhere in the carrib unless there are tropical storms/hurricanes in the area. Even then, they will try to steer you away from it. We still had fun on those two cruises! Just have to be flexible and don't get upset if (for example) your water-based excursion is canceled due to weather. That happened to us once and they gave it to us in OBC so we just had more fun on the ship with the new-found "wealth".

Boo

One Christmas day, we were in Cozumel and it poured buckets all day. We still had a blast! The shops were still open, everyone had on ponchos that we all bought at Ron Jon;s, and the bars were hoppin ! Another year,labor Day weekend, we went on a mini 3 day to the Bahamas. It was rainy the entire 3 days.We still had fun. We walked around Nassau, went to lunch at a restaurant, and did lots of activities on the ship. Just remember that a rainy day on a cruise ship is better than a day at work !!!:D

Please, please, please, do not go by the Weather Channel. 80% of the time it is green, green green. Last week showed green at both our ports 3 days out and both ports didn't have one droplet of rain. Don't sweat it. It might rain but believe me the Weather Channel is always green............

Please, please, please, do not go by the Weather Channel. 80% of the time it is green, green green. Last week showed green at both our ports 3 days out and both ports didn't have one droplet of rain. Don't sweat it. It might rain but believe me the Weather Channel is always green............

I agree with this! We spent 2 weeks on a land trip in Puerto Rico this summer and literally the weatherchannel.com had rain listed for every single day! It rained maybe 2-3 times for 15 minutes tops.

In the tropics, there is always a chance of rain.

Zuiderdam 2003 it rained every day including sail-a-way. It was a eastern Carib in October. We missed 2 ports and had 12 foot seas!I had a great time but I do not get sea sick. Look at my pics in my profile for the Zuiderdam. See the water splashing out of the pool because of the high seas. Not even one sun day! we watched alot of movies and I went to the spa alot.It was still a great vacation!!!

We were aboard Legend's first Caribbean cruise back in November 2002. We had beautiful sunny skies in Ft Lauderdale for our sail away. Then the bottom opened up. It was never a downpour but it was foggy, misty, and just down right icky that cruise. Overall the cruise was far below par, so the weather did nothing but accentuate every problem we had on board.

BUT! I feel this cruise was the exception, not the rule. It's the tropics. When you look at the forecast for places in the tropics they are going to call for rain because it's almost impossible to predict WHEN it really will. If I call for 50% chance of showers and it comes true, whoo hoo I was right! It does generally not rain at all times.

Out of all the cruises I have been on have never had a rainy port day. A couple sprinles and that's it.

To the "OP"...what it shows today for rain will be different tomarrow. heck...they can't tell me what the weather is really going to be like here tomarrow.....

Archived