LIVE from the Oosterdam - Oct 11, 2008

nobbync

Last year doing the 15 days to Hawaii was really nice. 7 days is now too short…

LOL! Ain't it the truth! The problem comes when the 15-day cruises become too short (and they do ;) ).

Thanks for letting us come along for the ride. You've made this itinerary very intriguing for me. Maybe someday, maybe....

Yes, THANKS for sharing your vacation with us. You make the spa sound so great that I may have to check it out! Nice to hear you didn't have to wait for anytime dining. HOpe we get to see the whales, too. I thought it would be a little early for them.

Hi Sue,

I also thought it would be too early for whales but we had quite a show as they were jumping that day. Too bad it was too far off but still neat to see. Hope you get whales also.

Nobby

Does anyone know what are the hours for breakfast in the Main Dining Room on the Oosterdam? I am thinking of trying to avoid the morning madness of the Lido as much as possible this time around ....... Lido food is excellent, but I get so tired of table hunting!

If I remember right the times were 0630-1100 for Continental and 0700-10:30 for full breakfast. Besides the last day we never had problems getting a table for breakfast about 7:30 to 8 am.

Nobby

We arrived for dinner on the last formal night at 6:45 pm and did not have reservations and was seated right away. There was no tables for just the 3 of us but we were seated next to a very nice couple. For dinner tonight I had a king crab appetizer, asparagus soup and lobster x4… Very nice meal… I am still full…

Nobby

Nobby, This post to you is a message from my husband Tom. He is upset you got the last 4 Lobsters Tails on the Oosterdam :D

Seriously you were the last week to have the tails effective our week we had what they called Lobster Thermidore which was a creamy cheese sauce with chunks of lobster and mushrooms. I have a feeling that it did not go over very well and there were numerous complaints.

Tom and I were invited to the Q & A with the Hotel Manager and while we were not the first to speak those that started the first thing out of their mouth was BRING BACK THE LOBSTER TAILS.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey nobby! Any pics yet? Or have i missed the link?

Sorry but no pictures yet so you did not miss anything. They will be coming soon. I got too busy and I need to go on another cruise just to get these photos completed... Maybe this weekend.. Thanks for asking and they are coming soon.

Nobby

Nobby, This post to you is a message from my husband Tom. He is upset you got the last 4 Lobsters Tails on the Oosterdam :D

Seriously you were the last week to have the tails effective our week we had what they called Lobster Thermidore which was a creamy cheese sauce with chunks of lobster and mushrooms. I have a feeling that it did not go over very well and there were numerous complaints.

Tom and I were invited to the Q & A with the Hotel Manager and while we were not the first to speak those that started the first thing out of their mouth was BRING BACK THE LOBSTER TAILS.

Tom and Lisa... sorry but I only had 4... my mom and Cindy had 8 each! I'll let them have it... :D

Actually that sucks that's all they had. One thing even on ours I was dissapointed in was the first formal night they only had crab legs with the fish and you got two small crab legs. I actually like the crab legs better than the lobster but they only gave us a sample of it. Maybe cutbacks already?

Hope this is not a sign of things to come...

I have been so busy I have not been reading the boards lately so I hope, besides that, your cruise was wonderful. I will catch up to reading everything soon.

Nobby

Just checking back into this post to make sure that I didn't miss the photo's as well.

Can't wait to see them. I'll be checking back in time to time to see if you've had time to post them. I know they will be wonderful.

Thanks

Marcy

• 4 weeks later...

Archived