Upgrades

samben

Yes, it is sometimes possible to purchase an upgrade at the port. Go to the FAR RIGHT line, it is the supervisor's desk, and ask there if upgrades are available for purchase that day. I do know people who have purchased upgrades the day of sailing for a fairly reasonable price.

Good luck. :)

Thanks.......I can't upgrade as I'm using my Disney Time share and don't have any points left.......BUT I'd love to up grade at the pier if we can.......

I'd also like to know the same about the prices for upgrades if anyone knows..........

I'm not sure you can upgrade from a DVC reservation, but it's worth a shot, if upgrades are available on your sailing.

As for pricing, it depends on how many in your group and what type of jump you want to make. Trying to remember, but it seems like at the time the price to go from a Cat. 9 to a Cat. 6 was a few hundred dollars.

Hi Ella,

I think you're right about us not being able to upgrade.....but I'll sure try. I'm not use to an inside room.....we usually get balconies.....oh well I'll sleep in a broom closet to go on cruise.......

Hi Ella,

I think you're right about us not being able to upgrade.....but I'll sure try. I'm not use to an inside room.....we usually get balconies.....oh well I'll sleep in a broom closet to go on cruise.......

When are you sailing? We are the same way - this trip it's an inside cabin, but we usually get suites with balconies! Oh well, we will be ON the cruise!!!

Looking at your clock you must be sailing NOW.........

Our trip is on the Magic Jan. 29th..........

I'd love to find others going with us.

We usually said on RCCL and when we cruise in Oct. of this year I had people we'd been talking to for almost a year.........

Disney no-one seems to talk.........:(

• 3 weeks later...

We sailed on the 7 day Magic last April. We booked a category 9 room with our DVC points. When we went to check in we asked about an upgrade. We were offered a category 4 upgrade (this was the only category still available) for about $1500. At the time I thought it was a lot of money so we stayed with our Category 9. When I went home and priced out the suite... I wished we had taken it! Anyway, upgrades are available to DVC members as long as the rooms are available. I would suggest knowing the cost of each category if you were to book without DVC and have an idea of what you are willing to spend to get to each room type. Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, it is sometimes possible to purchase an upgrade at the port. Go to the FAR RIGHT line, it is the supervisor's desk, and ask there if upgrades are available for purchase that day. I do know people who have purchased upgrades the day of sailing for a fairly reasonable price.

If the cruise is full, there will be a sign on the counter stating such and that upgrades are not available. HTH

Jackie and Jim,

YEAH, finally found someone else going........

We're traveling solo.......and using our Disney TimeShare Points.

What date did you travel on The Mariner.......our daughter was married on the ship Oct. 20th..........we love that ship..........

Jackie & Jim,

OMG.......that is unreal...........same cruise back in Oct. and now again this Jan. Hey we have a group going next Oct. on the Seranade of the Sea's to Panama Canal, 12 night..........interested?

Well if you saw a Bride and Groom at The Pub that was my daughter and her husband.....we also wore blinkie lights.....and blinkie dolphins.......

What seating did you have?

Well then we should definately spot eachother on this cruise.......LOL

That was my daughter and son in law....so you probably saw me tooooooo. I had on a purple strapless dress and we also had late seating.......LOL

Are you coming in a day early for this cruise........We're staying at Disney Board Walk and rented a car.

Archived