Princess Air- Toronto to Ft Lauderdale

IndyKat

Has anyone been on a Princess Air flight from Toronto to Ft Lauderdale?

We are leaving on a January flight and was wondering about the time you arrived in Ft Lauderdale before boarding the ship, we will be on the Crown. Our flight is not listed yet.

Thanks in advance

Kath

Anyone else's past experience using cruise air purchased through Princess has no bearing on what flights you might receive. I highly suggest you go to the Cruise Air forum and read this to gain a greater understanding of how cruise air works:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=530322

Thank you, I didn't realize this, will go look at post.

Kath

I would have recommending flying in the day before your cruise. You take a risk that the flight could be delayed or canceled which could cause you to miss the ship.

Keith

Thanks Keith, unfortunately I have really no say in the matter as this is a gift I have been given, there will be 9 of us travelling that day.:)

Kath

Thanks Keith, unfortunately I have really no say in the matter as this is a gift I have been given, there will be 9 of us travelling that day.:)

Kath

What a wonderful gift! I hope everything goes well:) We have only been at the mercy of a cruiseline air once & it worked out beautifully. We use the deviation & pay the fee in order to choose our flights, but in your case...just keep the faith!

Jan

For Princess Air from Toronto to FLL, you could be routed on a direct Toronto to FLL via Air Canada - there are usually 2 flights a day on Saturday and Sunday that will get you in time for a cruise - with the January 2009 schedule listed on Aircanada.ca one arrives at 10:35 am and second at 12:58 pm. The third daily direct flight arrives after 6 pm which is too late.

Princess Air with Air Canada may also route you thorugh Montreal first and then to FLL with that flight arriving at 2:07 pm which is starting to get very tight for a cruise if the flight is delayed at all.

I am not sure if Princess Air also uses WestJet but they also have at least 1 daily flight direct from Toronto to FLL.

Princess Air has also been known to use US airlines like US Air that would route you through Charlotte NC or Philadelphia first or United or American through Chicago.

Connecting flights mean more time to get there and more potential for flight delays/problems in getting you there on time.

Hopefully, your flight arrangements will work out but my husband is a pilot for Air Canada and several times last winter he was delayed in flying to FLL and told me that multiple passengers on the plane had missed their cruise...

For a winter cruise from Toronto, we always book our own air and arrange to arrive a day (or two) in advance of the cruise...

What a wonderful gift! I hope everything goes well:) We have only been at the mercy of a cruiseline air once & it worked out beautifully. We use the deviation & pay the fee in order to choose our flights, but in your case...just keep the faith!

Jan

Thanks Jan, we are having a wedding on board, not mine BTW! LOL

I'm sure everything will go smoothly, but just curious as my flight isn't listed yet.

Kath:)

For Princess Air from Toronto to FLL, you could be routed on a direct Toronto to FLL via Air Canada - there are usually 2 flights a day on Saturday and Sunday that will get you in time for a cruise - with the January 2009 schedule listed on Aircanada.ca one arrives at 10:35 am and second at 12:58 pm. The third daily direct flight arrives after 6 pm which is too late.

Princess Air with Air Canada may also route you thorugh Montreal first and then to FLL with that flight arriving at 2:07 pm which is starting to get very tight for a cruise if the flight is delayed at all.

I am not sure if Princess Air also uses WestJet but they also have at least 1 daily flight direct from Toronto to FLL.

Princess Air has also been known to use US airlines like US Air that would route you through Charlotte NC or Philadelphia first or United or American through Chicago.

Connecting flights mean more time to get there and more potential for flight delays/problems in getting you there on time.

Hopefully, your flight arrangements will work out but my husband is a pilot for Air Canada and several times last winter he was delayed in flying to FLL and told me that multiple passengers on the plane had missed their cruise...

For a winter cruise from Toronto, we always book our own air and arrange to arrive a day (or two) in advance of the cruise...

Thank you for the info, good to know there are a few flights heading out that day. As for winter weather, that would be my only concern, hopefully it isn't a return of last winter, we had more snow and no where to put it. LOL

Thanks again

I know two people who used Princess air. One had no problem, the other missed their flight due to a storm. If there is any way at all to go the day before, I think that is the way to go. We flew to FLL in December during the worst storm (Dec 16) in a while and we were 4 hours late but we went the day before. There were Princess reps waiting for the princess cruisers and they were in an absolute panic trying to get the passengers to the ship in time. One man couldnt even wait for his luggage or he would miss the ship.

Both times a couple we know booked Princess Air, they were routed through Montreal. The TA was then able to get them on the direct flights from Toronto (without deviation or other fees). You should get your flight info in about 3 weeks. I would then make sure your TA worked on your behalf to get you the better flights.

Thank you to all who replied back to me. I guess it's wait and see until I get my flight info, glad to know the flight will be posted soon. :) Hopefully if weather is going to be bad our TA and host of the party will arrange a flight the day before. Of course we will pay the extra ourselves to stay the 1 night before we board. This is costing them a fortune already. Can't wait till we sail, I'm sure we'll have a fabulous time.

Thank you again.

Are the Bride & groom flying with you? This way you will still be with the wedding party.

BTW we are flying YYZ to FLL on Sunwing airlines. Amazing prices

Fran

Yes, our whole party is taking this flight. Is Sunwing a new airlines? I have never heard of them.

Sunwing is a newer airline. They have been in business for years as a package vacation company. They started their own airline a few years ago to try to handle more of their packages inhouse instead of relying on airlines like Jetsgo who seem to vanish into the night. They fly newer aircraft similar to Westjet for the most part.

Glad to hear you guys got the early non-stop flight on AC.

Sunwing is a newer airline. They have been in business for years as a package vacation company. They started their own airline a few years ago to try to handle more of their packages inhouse instead of relying on airlines like Jetsgo who seem to vanish into the night. They fly newer aircraft similar to Westjet for the most part.

Glad to hear you guys got the early non-stop flight on AC.

Thanks Dan, I will have to look them up next time I am looking for a flight.

Yes, we are lucky to be on an early flight, this way if weather is too bad up here that at least I figure if we had a delay, we would get there in time to board the ship.

Thanks again

Archived