Stamped passports?

woodi

woodi, yes, I have left my passport at the purser's desk and had them stamp my passport. So yes, they will do it. However, from what they told me, it's completely up the local customs officers when they board the ship, but chances are, most of the time they will stamp a passport.

My wife and I left our passports at the purser's desk during a Western Caribbean cruise on Glory in early September. They explained that they would try to have passports stamped. As explained earlier, they said they were at the mercy of each country's immigration rep. The last night of the cruise we stopped by the desk and the passports were waiting for us. We had gotten 3 out 4 stamps. Belize, Roatan and Freeport stamps. Nothing from Cozumel. All in all we were happy as I doubt we would have found the immigration office in Belize and Roatan like we were able to do in Nassau the year before. I say go for it - nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• 1 month later...

I was on a non-Carnival cruise to the Western Caribbean this October. We got our (US) passports stamped in Grand Cayman (the usual souvenir stamp) and a regular one in Ocho Rios - giving us two days stay!

We didn't have time to search for one in Cozumel, nor did we get one in Labadee, the "private island" in Haiti.

we went on a western cruise last year, drove to miami from Toronto, didnt stamp our passports at the border(they never do anyways), didnt stamp it in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, or Jamaica, not even when we arrived back into Miami customs,

Good neighbors, virtually identical cultures, make good friends . . . Canada/United States . . . longest UNGUARDED political boundary in the World. :)

As for other cruise ports, we've gotten our (US) passports stamped in Nassau and in Tortola. We couldn't find where in St. Martin (although, in hindsight, we should have asked where the ferry to Anguilla docks) and we were told that the place in St. Maarten was too far to walk from the pier.

My passport is shaping up to be interesting, because most of the stamps in it are from cruise ports that don't normally stamp US passports. (I also have a "non-souvenir" passport stamp when I took a Discovery cruise to the Bahamas - Freeport - and stayed there for two days.) No one's raised an eyebrow, though....

Archived