CArnival cancels my Liberty Europe cruise. Off to alaska now.

cruisecastle

quote=cruisecastle Sucks I wanted to do that itinerary but I've always wanted to do Alaska as well.

Exactly the point I was making on another thread - perhaps it's time to start putting money back into this country rather than another. There are many cruises, such as Alaska, Hawaii and coastal that still are cruising but when we go into port we are putting $'s back into our economy and not someone else's pocket. I'm lucky because I just returned from the Freedom two weeks ago and so I've had my European "fix" for a while, and I have a Caribbean cruise planned for March, (and paid for, so no backing out), but I am seriously considering a break from cruises that don't call on American ports and at least infuse some of my travel money back into the USA.

The Freedom isn't going back to Europe next year, that was announced a while back. I wonder how much longer it will be before other cruiselines start doing the same.

Did they decide the Liberty isn't going back to Europe either? My TA on the Freedom was great and I would go again.

Someone posted on another thread that Carnival is compensating you all with OBCs for your inconvenience. That has to help when they sweeten the pot.

Frakly, they can keep the $50obc. I view it as an insult. However , I have already switched to Alaska and am looking forward to that cruise.

We were booked on the Liberty Nov. 2009 Med./Transatlantic cruise that has now been cancelled. We are sick about it. Now, we'll have to try to find another Europe cruise that we can afford.

I understand Holland America is honoring this fares, so you may want to check with HAL!

Archived