Anyone know about any good deals in Jan or Feb '05?

sgrissom

We've been home from our last cruise for about 2 weeks and we're still in mourning. The only solution is to book another! I tried to book the Summit 11 day Western Carribean while on-board but was quoted more than $3000pp for an outside cabin!!!!!!!!! Help me cruise again!!!!! We're two government employees who REALLY can't afford those prices with 2 kids in college and another in private school!

We're looking for something (preferably Western Carribean) in Jan or Feb of 2005.

Thanks!

Sally

There were some good deals on Zenith's 14 night Western Carribbean. It's a nice itinerary, particularly if you like to snorkle.

I think that there were some cabins at less than $100/person/night.

Ship sails from JAX.

Check with your TA, they should be able to get you on the Horizon, 11 nights, Jan 10 starting at $750 for and outside cabin for residents of Maryland, $700 for seniors.

Feb 11 Horizon starting at $800 10 night outside cabin

There are deals for seniors for the Jan 30 sailing of the Zenith 14 nights and Jan 31 sailing of the Horizon, 11 nights

We are booked to sail on Horizon Jan.10/05 for an 11-night eastern caribbean and are quite excited about the deal we got. An outside cabin (although guarantee) for $1100pp canadian. I know they also had interior guarantees for about $900 canadian. We too are travelling on a budget, and switched from a $1300cad interior room to take our chances with a oceanview for $400cad less!:p

Right off the Celebrity web site

7 Nights on board century western carribean, Feb 2005

990/pp Cat 07 (continental deck)

1020/pp cat 04 (Vista deck).

For a little more than the 3,000/pp price you mentioned ($3,600) you could BOTH go on that Century cruise in a sky suite (penthouse deck) ...($1,800/pp)

Celebrity Summit Jan 16-22, 2005 (MLK Week). It is only a 6-Night, but they just dropped the price on our inside cabin by $100. We were able to get a credit. YEA!

On the Celebrity web site, the price for Cat 10 inside is $570 pp. and Cat 2C w/balcony is $800 pp.

This time, I booked directly with the cruise line (online) since the travel agent I used for our last cruise was not very interersted in working on our behalf to acquire price reductions that the cruise line introduced after we booked. Perhaps it cuts into their commission (I do not know this for sure).

For our last cruise, I insisted that our travel agent contact the cruise line to acquire the discounted fare and credit we were owed per the cruise line's policy. We were credited $600 by the time the cruise line hit it's "rock bottom" price for our cabin category. That credit is almost enough for a deposit on another cruise!! Both Celebrity and RCI have this policy. I do not know about the other lines.

Once your're booked, it is worth it to watch the fare weekly after the cancelation deadline passes! Prices can really drop as they try to fill the ship. Especially for those less desirable inside cabin categories during off-peak.

RCI has 10 and 11 night Hawaii in Nov-Dec 2004 for only $599.00-699.00. Again, visit their website under "Hot Deals."

we're on the same sailing on 7 january. i'm guessing you may have gotten that price from an online TA before the "price restrictions" went into effect? i booked an inside at about half that, which was a very good price indeed, but could never find any kind of "deal" after the date i booked (which was the last day of online TA's being allowed to discount). we coveted one of those balconies, but not at the prices quoted! looking forward to the summit on the 7th; how about you?

llmoyer23

I remember my TA (online) calling me and said something about the new discounting. What exactly is it? See told me she would still get me good deals, but this was booked before they changed. We booked this one back in April 04. The price was so good we had to book. I kept my eye on the price about once a month. It went up every month. If you think about it, its a great itinerary leaving on a Friday and return Sunday. I only have to burn 1 week and 2 days of vacation for a 9 night cruise. Looking forward to seeing onboard

I bought my parents a trip on the summit Jan. 16 sailing - and paid a little over $700 per person with insurance for the western carribean sailing and an inside cabin. I noticed that someone else recently got their price reduced for this cruise, so they might have lowered the prices.

llmoyer23

I remember my TA (online) calling me and said something about the new discounting. What exactly is it? See told me she would still get me good deals, but this was booked before they changed. We booked this one back in April 04. The price was so good we had to book. I kept my eye on the price about once a month. It went up every month. If you think about it, its a great itinerary leaving on a Friday and return Sunday. I only have to burn 1 week and 2 days of vacation for a 9 night cruise. Looking forward to seeing onboard

As I understand it, Celebrity is not allowing TAs to discount below the Celebrity prices. There can still be deals because Celebrity can reduce the prices to fill the ship and Celebrity can still choose to offer things like senior discounts. What you supposedly won't get is the TA selling you a trip for a couple of 100 less than the Celebrity prices by reducing their commission.

We are also on this cruise. Can't wait! I am jealous. Its been going up rapidly since I first spotted it. I paid more for an oceanview. But its going to be one of those oversized ones forward. My sister and her husband are joining us as well for their first cruise. They paid your price for an inside. I was hoping they'd get better accomodations for their first Xperience.

We were able to get Summit 9 nights Jan 7 Cat 1b for $1060pp, plus it is one of those huge balconies on the back. Only 62 days

Celebrity and most on line agency are offering OUTSIDE Guaranty for $950.00 for 14 day cruise out of Jacksonville.

Which agencies.. I'm going on the Zenith have to decide by tomorrow but my price is higher

Please remember that the naming of travel agents on Cruise Critic is a violation of Community Guidelines. Posts that name travel agents (including on-line agencies) will be removed. Thanks for your cooperation.

when you are on curise critic home page click n there last minute deals. The are not necessarily last minute Check them all. They do vary in price. one day one is best and the next time you look another might be better. But I have found some fantastic deals. I have booked several cruises where I thought for sure it was a phony deal. But they never are and in 2yrs I have booked 11 cruises. crusie critic has a very good assortment of agencies. look for 11 day cruises with celebrity. If they aren't gone yet they have some great prices GOOD LUCK

Archived