Destiny Dining

Hi everyone, just a question, can you get a table for two in the Seven Seas restaurant? Not that we are anti sicial or anything and have shared tables on many cruises but just wondered whether there was an option for a table for two on Destiny. Thanks for any replies

Hi sobral,

I don't think there are many - actually I remember it being a bit tight in the dining room on Destiny (compared with Spirit/Celebration) with rather more larger tables - but it's a very nice dining room nontheless.

On the Thomson site, if you go into 'deck plans' for Destiny, although you can see the seating plans on the small image, unfortunately the enlarged version doesn't display all the seating properly - at least not for me.

If you look at the brochure though - I think the dining room plan is very accurate for the Celebration so I assume it is for Destiny too - I warn you - you will need a magnifying glass for this exercise!!! :D The lengths we'll go to eh? Anyway, by peering VERY closely, I think there are only a few (down the long 'arms' of the Seven Seas). If you ask as soon as you get on board though, perhaps you will be able to secure a table for two.

Actually, it was one of the aspects of Destiny we were most apprehensive about having only previously experienced the open dining of Spirit and Celebration before we travelled - but in the event, we were on a table of 8 and had lovely travelling companions and they helped make our holiday (although I realise it may not have turned out well at all!)

Anyway, hope it all turns out well for you! :)

Hi Kruzseeka

We are on Destiny in January and plan to get in touch with Thomson beforehand to enquire about a table for two as my husband is slightly deaf and it can sometimes be uncomfortable for him on a large table with strangers. Are the tables for two in an o.k. position or tucked away somewhere not very desirable?

By the way, thanks for your support on the Celebration cancellation post - we have good memories of the 'experience' - it's a pity others don't.

Sandie

Hi Sandie,

I've just got out my deck plans (from on board) to have a better look - 'cos they're a bit bigger - still need the magnifying glass though!!!:D I'm fairly confident that the plan on Celebration is accurate as I know this ship rather better than Destiny but from what I can see doubles look very scarce.

I think perhaps there is one either side of the entrance to the dining room then two more on each side just as enter the two side 'arms' of the restaurant. (I could be mis-reading this though.) There don't appear to be any in the main 'square' in the body of the restaurant. But I seem to remember the two 'arms' were quieter anyway (because there were fewer tables and a narrower area) and seemed quite a pleasant area. I wouldn't have minded being seated there at all.

But we were put on a table for 8 and were very apprehensive. When we asked for something smaller (on board, at the restaurant when we arrived) they asked us to try it the first night then come back the next day if we had a problem. So it seems as though there was the potential for some movement - although in the event, we didn't take it up - it all worked out well for us.

Given your circumstances though, I would hope they would be able to accommodate your request in advance.

Quite a few people don't choose to eat in the main restaurant and in the Caribbean with some lovely weather there will probably be more people eating outside so there should be a bit of flexibility. All the best with it anyway.

(Good to get back to our normal exchange of info/support - speak again soon no doubt! :) )

Kruzseeka

My cousin and her partner were on the Destiny in August and requested a table for two which they were lucky to get. The table was in one of the wings of the restaurant and was nice and quiet so they ate there every evening. According to the deck plan there only seems to be 4 tables though.

We had a table for two on the Destiny. The first night was open dinning as people were arriving at all hours. The Maitre de's were outside for any dinning room requests and we asked for a table for two, late sitting and although they said they couldnt promise anything, by 9am the next day, we got a confirmation put through our door with what we wanted.

It was in one of the two "arms" as the previous poster mentioned, I think I remember that they are called Magellan and errmm Gallileo??? Yes they are quieter in there and there were a few tables for 2.

Archived