Past Guest Party?

gibsones175

It wouldn't be sneaking because they are ALLOWED to do it!

It depends on the ship. Some are collecting the invitations and only those with invitations are allowed. Some don't care about etiquette and will attend a party that they are not invited to. The invitations only will have the name of the invited on it.

re: the post "I did not mean to be rude or disrespectful to any other "carnival past cruisers". I couldn't care less if someone attended the party who hadn't ever been on carnival before because that doesn't affect me or the amount of free drinks received, it may be more people"

i don't personally care, so don't get me wrong

but if everyone brought a non-guest, the party would be to large and Carnival would just cancel it outright in the future

the party is a benefit that has been earned by paying ones dues (the dues being sailing on Carnival previously)

my point being i don't want a benefit earned by me, to be taken away from me, by people who haven't earned it yet - i say, earn it then come to the party

It wouldn't be sneaking because they are ALLOWED to do it!

So the customer service person, the person that is paid to say yes to you, said it is OK. What a massive surprise that must have been. Why DO they print invites with ONLY the past guest's name on them? It is a mystery.

Let me help. YOU and only YOU may take as many UNINVITED guests to the party you wish.

Now you have permission forever.

Dan

It depends on the ship. Some are collecting the invitations and only those with invitations are allowed. Some don't care about etiquette and will attend a party that they are not invited to. The invitations only will have the name of the invited on it.

Lol-- what I'm saying is, I called and they said that me and my mom were both invited. You are basically saying my mom crashed a party uninvited or doesn't care about etiquette.

So the customer service person, the person that is paid to say yes to you, said it is OK. What a massive surprise that must have been. Why DO they print invites with ONLY the past guest's name on them? It is a mystery.

Let me help. YOU and only YOU may take as many UNINVITED guests to the party you wish.

Now you have permission forever.

Dan

Listen Captain Smarty Pants. :) I know you probably wrote that post and felt a thrilling exhilaration as you hit enter-- but really. Come on now. I not only okayed it with front desk (who, by the way, doesn't ALWAYS say yes), but also with the people at the door. Why do they print invites with only the past guest's name? Because it is a party celebrating the past guest. Where does it say that you can't bring a friend with you? I'm not trying to be smart, I'm really wondering. And when I called to find out, I wasn't trying to be sneaky, I had never been to one and I really wanted to know the answer. So, blame them for telling me. I went in thinking I was doing what everyone else was doing. And I'm sure you are so perfect.

I just got off the Valor. I was a past guest, DH was not. The invite was in my name, but I also got 2 Valor pins with my invite. I assumed that meant he was invited. When we went they joked with DH that he didn't have an invite but let him in. The Cruise Director made several jokes to the fact there were 1st time cruisers in the room and made everyone feel welcome. I believe the purpose of this 45 minute party is to encourage people to sail again so the more the merrier!

i've only been to 3. i think at the start of the event they check invites because non invited passerbys notice something is going on and start hanging around with the crowd without realizing its going to be private. once the crowd is in the room they keep only a half hearted eye on the doors. i've gone in 15 minutes late and sat down after there wasn't anyone at the door for about 30 seconds to check my card.

Where does it say that you can't bring a friend with you? I'm not trying to be smart, I'm really wondering.

Asking that question shows that there is no way you would understand the answer.

But we will try.

The answer is: Your guest was not invited. That's it.

Probably way too simple to be of any help.

Try this, You get an invitation, it says.

AmberMarie is invited to the PAST GUEST PARTY.

OR, it says,

AmberMarie and guest are invited to the PAST GUEST PARTY.

Is there a difference?

Dan

Do they have a past guest party on the Fanstasy 5 day cruise?:confused:

They do. It was the 3rd night of the cruise. They used the Kristen Lee band for entertainment, which was awesome. The drinks were free, and plentiful, and the snacks were great.

I just came over from another thread, where the word was that you guys over here were really going at it. After reading this, guess there is a little 'on edge-ness' here. Remember, it is all about helping each other out. Right?

Seriously, why are you such a jerk? You are a complete ass in nearly every thread you participate in. You are a sad, little man who probably doesn't have the balls to act like this with anyone face to face. Stay the hell away from the Carnival boards for goodness sakes. You don't even sail on this line! There are many things in life that are implied and aren't written out to you word for word, and this invitation could very well be the case. YOU DON'T KNOW. You are so rude. And very unhelpful. I love how you are assuming that I'm stupid because I (like you) don't know EVERYTHING. Some of us aren't a million years old and haven't been on thousands of cruises... which appears to be the case for you since you, you know, know everything.

OK, you didn't understand the answer as expected. How that makes me the worst slime on the earth, I don't know. But since I know everything, shouldn't I know that too? An enigma!

Not small,,,,minded or sized. But I am kinder face to face, UNTIL, someone overloads me with their self centered BS.

And I never said you were stupid, you choose those words, not I. And you also choose a lot of words to call me. I admit to being judgemental, do you?

Bad, bad Dan

.....but if everyone brought a non-guest, the party would be to large and Carnival would just cancel it outright in the future

Wowzer.....Took longer than I expected to get to the "What if everyone did it", argument.

Ya know, "everyone", doesn't do anything all at the same time.

This is not meant as an insult to ANYONE, but as a non-drinker, I am always amazed at how testy people get when something involves who is and is not entitled to free drinks. :eek:

Anyways, I will be on the Splendor on 4/12/09, and since I don't drink, I have no desire to go to the past guest party (honestly, I have way better things to do with my time on cruises)...anyone want my 2 invites, lemme know....:p

Archived