Past Guest Party?

gibsones175

This means that my loan will be sold for the umpteenth time:rolleyes: We have already had 4 mortgage companies on this rental in the last three years..........crap I will have to get all my insurance/HOA crap together again:cool:

Hey Kurb

4x's !!!!! Holy Crap!!!!!!!

I did a little bit more reading last night and I dont think we have to 'do anything'... From what I understand the mailing addy changes... ?

I never experienced this so would you share any advice?

Your scenario reminds me of 8th grade math. "Two cars leave a restaurant at the same time driving in opposite directions. One car is doing 40 mph and the other 50mph. After traveling 200 miles how far apart will they be? And will the passengers get VIP boarding and entrance to the PG party?" :D

Just a bit off topic, how DO you solve that math problem? I hated those! I have a cartoon on my fridge--guy gets to the pearly gates and St. Peter says "okay a train leave the station..." It nearly gives me hives! And then the other one I want to know how to solve--the sum of the digits from 1 to 100. Any mathemeticians out there? I'll give you my past guest invitation.

I asked my son's math teacher once about the train problem and she admitted it is all a joke that math teachers made up to mess with people heads.

Back to topic, I got a warning and my post deleted because I refered to Dan as a , well I won't say it again, but it wasn't a bad word, it is a general word for something you use to fix things. I guess if you call someone a name directly you get poofed and warned but if you say it in a round about way it is ok?

I will say again, on the Valor last week, I was a past guest, DH was not. I brought him with me as they had left 2 pins in our cabin. They joked at the door but let him in and when the Cruise Director asked if there were any first time cruisers there were people who applauded. It was all good natured and in no way were the first timers made to feel unwelcomed.

I never understand with these boards why people get flamed for asking certain questions. I also do not understand why people get so upset at others for smuggling, not wearing formal clothes to elegant night, etc. You enjoy your cruise and I will enjoy mine.

ROWAN 555: Have I checked you in? Your comments about the VIP Lounge in New Orleans have raised the hair on the back of my neck. I have always treated our VIP guests with respect and I have never refused any non-VIP guests the services we provide. When the lounge is full and I get a group of non-VIP guests travelling with or without real VIP guests we treat them all equally. The problem is sometimes they each want seperate accounts and/or their Fun Pass in incomplete and we have to obtain all the information from each guest. We also have to go across the terminal to obtain their S&S cards. All this takes additional time and the real VIPers are waiting for us to provide them with the same VIP services. I look forward to serving your family on the 15th.

Hey Kurb

4x's !!!!! Holy Crap!!!!!!!

I did a little bit more reading last night and I dont think we have to 'do anything'... From what I understand the mailing addy changes... ?

I never experienced this so would you share any advice?

You will just get a formal letter from another mortgage company letting you know they will now be servicing your loan.........

But if you have insurance that is not included in your monthly payment which sometimes includes HOA policies you will have to update and provide that info to the new lender. Even though I just did this a month ago:rolleyes:

ROWAN 555: Have I checked you in? Your comments about the VIP Lounge in New Orleans have raised the hair on the back of my neck. I have always treated our VIP guests with respect and I have never refused any non-VIP guests the services we provide. When the lounge is full and I get a group of non-VIP guests travelling with or without real VIP guests we treat them all equally. The problem is sometimes they each want seperate accounts and/or their Fun Pass in incomplete and we have to obtain all the information from each guest. We also have to go across the terminal to obtain their S&S cards. All this takes additional time and the real VIPers are waiting for us to provide them with the same VIP services. I look forward to serving your family on the 15th.

My apologies, Robert - I meant no disrespect! I have seen non-VIP guests travelling with VIP guests turned away at the NOLA VIP check in counter, but now that I think about it, it wasn't you who did so. I agree with and applaud that policy, by the way - I don't think the VIP area should be used by non-VIP passengers unless they are minor children traveling with their parents. I had advised my parents to NOT bring their first-time cruising relatives into the VIP check in area, as I do not think it's fair to the other VIP guests. Now what they will actually do, I have no idea!

in response to: "I also do not understand why people get so upset at others for smuggling, not wearing formal clothes to elegant night, etc."

First, I agree with you - so not looking for a "fight" at all.

But, since everyone is different, where does one draw the line?

I'm sure there are things people do that you don't like. Same with me. We do have rules for a reason. Mainly to keep order. Carnival has rules for their own reasons. If we don't like them we don't have to sail on their ships.

I feel their rules, if followed, set my expectations about the time i'm going to have. If the rules said shorts, t-shirts and baseball hats are acceptable attire on Elegant Night then i would expect to see people in that attire, no problem. I'm not going on this ship to go to an Elegant Night with everyone else in shorts though - there are rules on what to wear - and my expectation is to share that evening with everyone else in the proper attire. If they don't want to follow those rules they should skip the event. Why is it okay for others to change the nature or mood of the event on their own? Dressing elegant is part of what is suppose to make the event. It is not called Come As You Are Party. What it really comes down to is which rules do people want to break? The ones where nobody gets hurt? Again, personally, someone in shorts is not going to ruin my time at the party. I'm with you, but I do understand where some people are coming from. Can I wear a cummerbund with my shorts? <LOL> :)

I followed the dress code rules and I did not smuggle booze but that was my choice. I might smuggle booze in the future. It really does not matter to me if other people did or did not. I guess that is my point. You choose to do what you choose to do, I just don't understand why people get so upset here over these things. There a some people on these boards who are very judgemental and critical of others. There are also others who are very helpfulI have gotten a lot of wonderful information here that helped me out tremendously on my cruises. The attacks are useless in my opinion. I think Amber was justified in her reaction to Don.

I followed the dress code rules and I did not smuggle booze but that was my choice. I might smuggle booze in the future. It really does not matter to me if other people did or did not. I guess that is my point. You choose to do what you choose to do' date=' I just don't understand why people get so upset here over these things. There a some people on these boards who are very judgemental and critical of others. There are also others who are very helpfulI have gotten a lot of wonderful information here that helped me out tremendously on my cruises. The attacks are useless in my opinion. I think Amber was justified in her reaction to [b']Don[/b].

You mean Dan:p

When I first started posting on here I thought the same as many people such as your self. Why does it bother them so much:confused: After being on here awhile I figured out that it really doesn't bother them. It is just a little game they play to see how long it takes until someone wigs out and personally starts attacking them;) Game over. They won;) Thread poofed....

Amber is not a mean person.......she just let it get the best of her........

Ever hear the saying, "beating a dead horse"? It refers to the old days, when someone might beat a horse that had fallen dead, in an effort to revive him so they could climb aboard again. Looks like ya'll are beating a few dead horses here. I can't believe another "past guest party" thread was started, just to beat this horse some more. Some of you would be a lot happier if you'd stop worrying about what other people do or how eloquently they speak (or write) or what they wear, and just enjoy your cruise and/or life. :rolleyes:

Articulate and rude;)

I'll change my board name to RudyRTiculate.

Thanx to those who say I'm not rude, but,

YOU'RE WRONG!:D:D

just kidding

But I do look back at some posts made in heat and haste and cringe. But my BS grinder doesn't have an off switch. [or the switch was made by Lucas, same thing]

Dan

Articulate and rude;)

LOL . . . borderline for sure, but most of the posters who consider him rude don't want to hear the truth because it destroys their search for an "exception.":rolleyes:

". . . If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken, twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools . . . " Kipling

I'll change my board name to RudyRTiculate.

Thanx to those who say I'm not rude, but,

YOU'RE WRONG!:D:D

just kidding

But I do look back at some posts made in heat and haste and cringe. But my BS grinder doesn't have an off switch. [or the switch was made by Lucas, same thing]

Dan

LMAO!!! I can attest to that:D

LOL . . . borderline for sure, but most of the posters who consider him rude don't want to hear the truth because it destroys their search for an "exception.":rolleyes:

". . . If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken, twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools . . . " Kipling

It has nothing to to with the truth.......as he said........his BS switch is broken:D

I tend to consider Dan to be THE voice of propriety around here, and I agree with him most of the time. I actually started a thread last week specifically to get HIS take on something. I took a lot of heat for the thread, but nobody else's comments bothered me except Dan's. While I still think I was right (;)), the fact that he didn't agree had me second guessing...

I tend to consider Dan to be THE voice of propriety around here, and I agree with him most of the time. I actually started a thread last week specifically to get HIS take on something. I took a lot of heat for the thread, but nobody else's comments bothered me except Dan's. While I still think I was right (;)), the fact that he didn't agree had me second guessing...

". . . If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, but make allowance for their doubting too . . . " Kipling

(sorry, I've got Kipling on the brain today) :D

Archived