Past Guest Party?

gibsones175

From the Carnival Site:

Past Guest Privileges Include:

• A Complimentary two-year subscription to Currents Magazine, created just for our Past Guests.
  • Exclusive onboard cocktail reception on your next 5 day or longer cruise.
  • Eligibility to VIP privileges, offering exclusive benefits on All Carnival sister-brands, including Holland America, Cunard, Costa, Princess, Seabourn and Winstar.

Do they have a past guest party on the Fanstasy 5 day cruise?:confused:

Yes, there will be a past guest party on all cruises of 5 days or longer. The party lasts about an hour or so and includes free drinks and appetizers as well as music, dancing and a video on the history of Carnival. You'll receive an invitation in your stateroom the night before the party.

How exactly is the invitation worded? In December I am going on a cruise with 3 others and we are all staying in the same room. I am a past guest, they are not. Will I be able to bring them with me?

Thanks!

How exactly is the invitation worded? In December I am going on a cruise with 3 others and we are all staying in the same room. I am a past guest, they are not. Will I be able to bring them with me?

Thanks!

The invitation will have your name on it as well as the time and location. I know that non-past guest spouses and children can accompany the past guest but I'm not sure if your 3 friends would be. As mentioned above, there are so many people moving to get into the party at the same time that it's near impossible to check all the invitations. You could always go to the pursers desk and ask.

Hi JH - Past Guest means just that. It wouldn't be fair to the real past guests if you brought in three non-past guests. Besides, the parties are getting so overly crowded because folks are asking for extra invitations. REAL past guests don't enjoy our party nearly as much. (You would probably feel the same.)

I'm sure your three friends can find something fun to do while you attend the party for that short 45 minutes or so. Then they can look forward to going on their next cruise, when they really are past guests.:)

From the Carnival Site:

Past Guest Privileges Include:

• A Complimentary two-year subscription to Currents Magazine, created just for our Past Guests.
  • Exclusive onboard cocktail reception on your next 5 day or longer cruise.
  • Eligibility to VIP privileges, offering exclusive benefits on All Carnival sister-brands, including Holland America, Cunard, Costa, Princess, Seabourn and Winstar.

What constitutes 5 days? I'm going on a 4 "day" cruise out of Port Canavril to the Bahamas, but its really 4 nights which makes it 5 days in my book, leaving on sunday and returning on thursday, so would that count? I'm going on my first criuse in a week, and the Bahamas cruise would be my second, so I want my non-fun non-important past guest party! :p

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. It seems like I'll be able to take 1 person with me and the others will miss out, which is fine. I'm not too excited about the idea of going alone.

I am never too excited about going at all.:D

In fact I'll be Platinum on my cruise in January and haven't been to one yet.;)

Bill

Hi all,

I have not gone to a past guest party on Carnival, yet (I will be on this next cruise!), but on my last cruise to Alaska on Princess I got to attend the party with my roomie - she was the past guest and I wasn't. I just assumed that my roomie this time would also get to go. I don't believe she has sailed on Carnival before. I wouldn't want to go without her either... no fun going by yourself! But, it is nice to have a few free drinks and some nice appetizers. On Princess we also got to have our photo taken with the captain of the ship! Is it the same on Carnival?

Thanks - And, Happy Cruisin'!

Cindy - Myhrmaid

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. It seems like I'll be able to take 1 person with me and the others will miss out, which is fine. I'm not too excited baout the idea of going alone.

The invitation will have your name on it and your name ONLY. It will not say, you and a guest.

Proper manners would be for you to skip the party rather than have a friend crash it with you. [No matter how easy that is to do, it doesn't make it right.]

Or you can attend and they can find other things to do for an hour.

A "past guest" is a person that has sailed on a Carnival Cruise Line, Carnival branded ship in the PAST. You are, you friends aren't.

Dan

hi jh - past guest means just that. It wouldn't be fair to the real past guests if you brought in three non-past guests. Besides, the parties are getting so overly crowded because folks are asking for extra invitations. Real past guests don't enjoy our party nearly as much. (you would probably feel the same.)

i'm sure your three friends can find something fun to do while you attend the party for that short 45 minutes or so. Then they can look forward to going on their next cruise, when they really are past guests.:)

agreed !

I did not mean to be rude or disrespectful to any other "carnival past cruisers". I couldn't care less if someone attended the party who hadn't ever been on carnival before because that doesn't affect me or the amount of free drinks received, it may be more people but isn't the whole point to meet other people? I did not want my friends to "crash" the party, I just wanted to know if my boyfriend would be able to come with me because to me free drinks aren't even worth it if I have to go alone.

I did not mean to be rude or disrespectful to any other "carnival past cruisers". I couldn't care less if someone attended the party who hadn't ever been on carnival before because that doesn't affect me or the amount of free drinks received, it may be more people but isn't the whole point to meet other people? I did not want my friends to "crash" the party, I just wanted to know if my boyfriend would be able to come with me because to me free drinks aren't even worth it if I have to go alone.

I am platinum and I have never been asked for my invitation at the door.......I wouldn't worry about it...take your boyfriend and have a great time.....

I am platinum and I have never been asked for my invitation at the door.......I wouldn't worry about it...take your boyfriend and have a great time.....

I agree. My girlfriend was a "past guest", her husband was not. She took him with her, no problems. I believe Carnival wants you to have a good time and if that means taking your boyfriend with you, then do it and enjoy. I certainly wouldn't have fun if I had to go alone.

Forget about being rude to a real past guest or being rude to Carnival. What about your friend that you "sneak"[ however easily] into a party they have specifically NOT been invited to? Isn't that absolutely rude to them?

Or telling them to busy themselves while you attend the party. That seems rude too.

First suggestion was to skip the party also. That is best manners toward everyone.

Dan

Hi JH - Past Guest means just that. It wouldn't be fair to the real past guests if you brought in three non-past guests. Besides, the parties are getting so overly crowded because folks are asking for extra invitations. REAL past guests don't enjoy our party nearly as much. (You would probably feel the same.)

I'm sure your three friends can find something fun to do while you attend the party for that short 45 minutes or so. Then they can look forward to going on their next cruise, when they really are past guests.:)

The first past guest party I attended back in the Ice Age had EIGHT attendees ! ! :eek:

A 3 X 8 table setup with a tub of beer on ice and finger sandwiches and potato chips. :)

My, how things have changed over the years ! ! :D

Oh... just wanted to add, too... I didn't "crash" the past guest party on Princess either. My name was on the invitation along with my friend's who was the official past guest. I also got Priority boarding along with her when we got on the ship. In fact, on that particular cruise, we were the very first people to board the ship!! Pretty exciting! No glass of champagne or anything, though... sheesh *laughs*

Cindy - Myhrmaid

The first past guest party I attended back in the Ice Age had EIGHT attendees ! ! :eek:

A 3 X 8 table setup with a tub of beer on ice and finger sandwiches and potato chips. :)

My, how things have changed over the years ! ! :D

Glad I never attended. I don't think I'd like the taste of fingers. YUCK! :p

Bill

The general consensus is that non Past Guests in your party aren't invited (other than Spouse), but that they don't always check the invitations that closely. ken

On the Ecstasy, I called the front desk to see if my mom was invited to the past guest being that she was on her first cruise and they said, "Of course! Of course, we want her to go!" and then when I went up to the door, I was still a little hesitant and when I went to the door, all they looked for was that one invitation and told us to enjoy ourselves.

Forget about being rude to a real past guest or being rude to Carnival. What about your friend that you "sneak"[ however easily] into a party they have specifically NOT been invited to? Isn't that absolutely rude to them?

Or telling them to busy themselves while you attend the party. That seems rude too.

First suggestion was to skip the party also. That is best manners toward everyone.

Dan

It wouldn't be sneaking because they are ALLOWED to do it!

Archived