Past Guest Party?

gibsones175

WHAT IF everyone brought a DOG on the boat??? Would the DOGS get to come to the party? What if the dog was previously on a Carnival boat?? WHAT IF the dog was previously on a carnival boat, but their cruising history was messed up and the previous cruise was not recorded?? They probably wouldn't be listed on the invite! Would they get to drink my alcohol and make my past guest party less special than a non-dog past guest party?!? Too many questions!!!

"Asking that question shows that there is no way you would understand the answer.

But we will try."

That is not rude?

I didn't say I wasn't rude. I said I didn't call her stupid. It is almost impossible to talk with the rude without also being rude too.

Everyone on this thread quite clearly understands what an invitation addressed by name to a single individual, means. EVERYONE! But to admit knowledge of what it means would seriously inconvenience their plan to ignore good manners.

It is the same here as smuggling booze or ignoring dress codes. Admit that you are acting like crap doing it and don't try to justify it as something good and right to do. Be honest about boorish behavior and I'll respect the honesty. I know I cannot change the behavior.

Dan

I didn't say I wasn't rude. I said I didn't call her stupid. It is almost impossible to talk with the rude without also being rude too.

Everyone on this thread quite clearly understands what an invitation addressed by name to a single individual, means. EVERYONE! But to admit knowledge of what it means would seriously inconvenience their plan to ignore good manners.

It is the same here as smuggling booze or ignoring dress codes. Admit that you are acting like crap doing it and don't try to justify it as something good and right to do. Be honest about boorish behavior and I'll respect the honesty. I know I cannot change the behavior.

Dan

This is only indirectly related, but your post reminded me of a conversation which took place today.

My parents will be platinum on their cruise coming up in 5 days. They put themselves in two different cabins (on paper) with my dad's two sisters so that they can all do VIP embarkation together. While I kind of take issue with this, in the end it really doesn't matter because my aunt is in a wheelchair and would probably end up boarding before everyone else anyway (although I'm not positive). Well, two other relatives are also sailing with them, and the PVP told them they could bring those relatives along for VIP check in. I told my mother that I didn't care what the PVP told them, this is wrong and they should NOT do it. If it's so important for them to board together, they can all go stand in the regular line - if not, they can meet up on the ship once everyone is on board. I don't think this would fly in New Orleans anyway - Robert would probably put the non-VIPers in their place post haste, lol - but even if they could get away with it, it doesn't mean they SHOULD. My mom really didn't think much about it, she just thought it was okay b/c the PVP said so. I sincerely hope they do what's right here and don't try to "sneak" the others through VIP with them. VIP embarkation sucks in New Orleans as it is, if everyone brought extra passengers along it would be worse than the regular check-in.

I guess NOW I need to go make sure they don't think those two other relatives, who are Carnival first-timers, can accompany them to the past guest party!!!

I said I didn't call her stupid.

Dan

No you didn't. Not directly........Your post was pretty clear she wasn't smart enough to understand.......

Telling someone if they ask a question of sort that there is no way she would understand:confused: And then say "but we will try" (to make you understand)

Come on Dan.....:cool:

I am on Carnival Destiny Dec 1st sailing. This will be my second cruise but both of my DD's 1st. WHEN I get my past guest invitation and WHEN I ask if it's ok to bring my DD's and WHEN/IF they tell me yes, I WILL be taking them with me. For those who think this is rude, crass, disrespectful or any other name you'd like to call it. So What!

If cruise personnel tell me it's ok, then it's ok and all you self righteous so and so's I could care less what you think about it. In my opinion, it is those who "sneak" non past guests into the party that are being rude. Those who seek and gain permission are entitled as far as cruise personnel go and THAT is all that matters. If they thought it was a bad idea then they would prevent it.

I suppose as well all those self righteous so and so's turn down the OBC's or free upgrades Carnival provides if the price of a cruise goes down b/c it's "wrong" to expect CCL to compensate you once you and they have entered into a contract for the INITIAL payment. Right?

Get a grip and move on!

OK, you didn't understand the answer as expected. How that makes me the worst slime on the earth, I don't know. But since I know everything, shouldn't I know that too? An enigma!

Not small,,,,minded or sized. But I am kinder face to face, UNTIL, someone overloads me with their self centered BS.

And I never said you were stupid, you choose those words, not I. And you also choose a lot of words to call me. I admit to being judgemental, do you?

Bad, bad Dan

Perhaps Dan's response was rude.. I can't tell nor can I get past the crude and rude post by Amber that was deleted. Some of you can protest Dan's replies and that is your right.. I know we all butt heads from time to time.... but this one by Amber is far worse than any message Dan is attempting to get across.. and applauding it is just in bad taste.

When someone consistently posts mean, rude and insinuating posts either directly or indirectly are doing it in order to get reactions as such IMO!!!!!

Everyone has a right to defend themselves or their position on an issue.. 'attacking' someone personally regarding their age or calling them an ass is uncalled for and in my opinion, even if the person defending themselves is justified, it just makes them appear worse..Applauding it is even more silly...

Lots of people dont agree on the issues/topics at hand and do not resort to this sort of post.. I found it pretty offensive because she was serious.. it wasn't a reality check with levity, like 'oh stop being an ass LOL".. blah blah blah.. I just think it was uncalled for.. That's me..

Hey you want my past guest invites? I think we should sell them on Ebay prior to upcoming cruises LOL

Everyone has a right to defend themselves or their position on an issue.. 'attacking' someone personally regarding their age or calling them an ass is uncalled for and in my opinion, even if the person defending themselves is justified, it just makes them appear worse..Applauding it is even more silly...

Lots of people dont agree on the issues/topics at hand and do not resort to this sort of post.. I found it pretty offensive because she was serious.. it wasn't a reality check with levity, like 'oh stop being an ass LOL".. blah blah blah.. I just think it was uncalled for.. That's me..

Hey you want my past guest invites? I think we should sell them on Ebay prior to upcoming cruises LOL

Yes and that is why it was poofed. She learned the hard way. If she is allowed back she will have to toughen up and learn to fight her battles differently. Indirectly just as others. The only difference between Ambers post and the meanie wienies :p is the words themselves.......the meanings are the same.;)

You can have my invite for free:p

Yes and that is why it was poofed. She learned the hard way. If she is allowed back she will have to toughen up and learn to fight her battles differently. Indirectly just as others. The only difference between Ambers post and the meanie wienies :p is the words themselves.......the meanings are the same.;)

You can have my invite for free:p

Yep.. i guess that was my point.. there is a way to come back without it being so personal.. ;)

After all isnt this supposed to be a 'fun site'..lol

Now i have to go do research because i just read that GMAC Mortgage Co will probably go bankrupt!!!!!!!:eek:

Was this on the news? I don't watch that crap anymore........too depressing:p

Me either.. at least not as much as I used to... it is too depressing..

Yahoo linked it..

http://www.freep.com/article/20081110/BUSINESS01/81110063/1002/rss02

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601208&sid=azAKYXeFZWkA

And according to what i have read so far, it will not affect us...

http://truthfullending.com/lender-go-bankrupt/

As far as my "applauding" being silly, better to be silly than to be rude and insulting as many replies here have been.

People get a little touchy when they are called stupid, crass, etc.

Yes it is better to be silly than rude or insulting or resorting to calling another poster an ass...:rolleyes:

Me either.. at least not as much as I used to... it is too depressing..

Yahoo linked it..

http://www.freep.com/article/20081110/BUSINESS01/81110063/1002/rss02

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601208&sid=azAKYXeFZWkA

And according to what i have read so far, it will not affect us...

http://truthfullending.com/lender-go-bankrupt/

This means that my loan will be sold for the umpteenth time:rolleyes: We have already had 4 mortgage companies on this rental in the last three years..........crap I will have to get all my insurance/HOA crap together again:cool:

This is only indirectly related, but your post reminded me of a conversation which took place today.

My parents will be platinum on their cruise coming up in 5 days. They put themselves in two different cabins (on paper) with my dad's two sisters so that they can all do VIP embarkation together. While I kind of take issue with this, in the end it really doesn't matter because my aunt is in a wheelchair and would probably end up boarding before everyone else anyway (although I'm not positive). Well, two other relatives are also sailing with them, and the PVP told them they could bring those relatives along for VIP check in. I told my mother that I didn't care what the PVP told them, this is wrong and they should NOT do it. If it's so important for them to board together, they can all go stand in the regular line - if not, they can meet up on the ship once everyone is on board. I don't think this would fly in New Orleans anyway - Robert would probably put the non-VIPers in their place post haste, lol - but even if they could get away with it, it doesn't mean they SHOULD. My mom really didn't think much about it, she just thought it was okay b/c the PVP said so. I sincerely hope they do what's right here and don't try to "sneak" the others through VIP with them. VIP embarkation sucks in New Orleans as it is, if everyone brought extra passengers along it would be worse than the regular check-in.

I guess NOW I need to go make sure they don't think those two other relatives, who are Carnival first-timers, can accompany them to the past guest party!!!

Your scenario reminds me of 8th grade math. "Two cars leave a restaurant at the same time driving in opposite directions. One car is doing 40 mph and the other 50mph. After traveling 200 miles how far apart will they be? And will the passengers get VIP boarding and entrance to the PG party?" :D

OK, you didn't understand the answer as expected. How that makes me the worst slime on the earth, I don't know. But since I know everything, shouldn't I know that too? An enigma!

Not small,,,,minded or sized. But I am kinder face to face, UNTIL, someone overloads me with their self centered BS.

And I never said you were stupid, you choose those words, not I. And you also choose a lot of words to call me. I admit to being judgemental, do you?

Bad, bad Dan

Dan.....maybe now that the election is over we can get some Secret Service protection for you. :D

Archived