What To Do? Urgent...

Charleyann

You guys knew before me! I came home school (Where I work) and there was a message ot call Carnival back.

I was so excited I didn't read. Just posted!!! LOL

I will have plenty of photo and post. This forum and you people are amazing!

Charley and Jacob

yeah, we celebrated without you for a while:D If it makes you feel any better, everyone here was in on a surprise for me that I didn't know about not too long ago, either:D Holly

and then I came home and read this whole post and it made my crappy day go far far away. Thanks Mach and everyone who helped this lovely lady and her son. I hope they have a wonderful cruise and many more to come!

Just so prove that some people that don't need a HC don't take them ......... I bok Cat 11's for Mom, DD and myself, but then Guest Services gets the form about how Mom is bringing a Wheelchair and I get a frantic call about how we need to be switched to an HC Cabin ............... no I say, Mom is semi-mobile but needs the WC for any long standing or distance moving, but is able to get into and out of the cabin without it and can even manage the step up into the bathroom. You would not believe how I have to argue with them not to move me. My thought and comments to them always is ......... "we don't need it, save it for someone who does".

Maybe Carnival does need to revise their booking and not allow any HC bookings without verification of the need, after that then they can assign the cabins unbooked for actual HC need to the Guarantees as needed to fill them. Just my 2 cents.

Yes, this proves that AB people do book HC rooms And proves how hard it is to move AB's from the cabin. I don't think they would have been moved out of the room if the heavy guns didnt come out either. Way to go, Mach!

Let this be a lesson to all AB who knowingly book HC cabins. You may keep a child like Jacob from cruising.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise and tell us all about it when you get back.

Linda

What is an aft cabin?

Charleyann

Aft... as in aft end of the ship. It's all the way at the back but right on the centerline of the vessel.

As I mentioned, one of my Crazies, LambKnuckles, had this exact cabin on the Ecstasy last fall. Her mom is in a wheelchair and they both loved it.

The HC cabins have a 32 inch wide door with pretty much no rise coming in or into the bathroom and a 36 inch clear path inside so Jacob should have no problems when he needs his scooter.

You can see the layout of your ship and the location of your cabin in the PDF file:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/images/misc/ccl/ADA_Deckplan_FA.pdf

Aft... as in aft end of the ship. It's all the way at the back but right on the centerline of the vessel.

As I mentioned, one of my Crazies, LambKnuckles, had this exact cabin on the Ecstasy last fall. Her mom is in a wheelchair and they both loved it.

The HC cabins have a 32 inch wide door with pretty much no rise coming in or into the bathroom and a 36 inch clear path inside so Jacob should have no problems when he needs his scooter.

You can see the layout of your ship and the location of your cabin in the PDF file:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/images/misc/ccl/ADA_Deckplan_FA.pdf

Not to highkack the thread But Mach i noticed you leave for the Splendor in a few days....Enjoy it and remember your Camera.....I will sit here on my hands waiting for your review....;)

Not to highkack the thread But Mach i noticed you leave for the Splendor in a few days....Enjoy it and remember your Camera.....I will sit here on my hands waiting for your review....;)

Yep... I sail Saturday.

The 16 gig card in my camera will hold about 7600 pictures so I think I'm good to go.

Expect a BUNCH of photos. I'm intrigued by the Splendor and her one off status.

She was originally supposed to be a Costa Concordia class ship but Carnival got the hull instead. To a degree, that explains the HUGE spa that she got... very European...

Well, I got in on this thread late, but I just gotta say:

WOO HOO MACH! You are awesome, dude! Now I want to be a CRAZIE.....maybe one day I will be able to cruise with you guys.

Charley & Jacob ~ I'm SO GLAD this worked out for you! Enjoy your cruise! :D

Yep... I sail Saturday.

The 16 gig card in my camera will hold about 7600 pictures so I think I'm good to go.

Expect a BUNCH of photos. I'm intrigued by the Splendor and her one off status.

She was originally supposed to be a Costa Concordia class ship but Carnival got the hull instead. To a degree, that explains the HUGE spa that she got... very European...

are you sure that's going to be enough pictures, Mach???? Might want to stop at the camera store and purchase another 16 gig card,,,,I mean, you never know,,,,,:D

Have a blast!!!! Can't wait for the review,,,,,Holly

Yes, this proves that AB people do book HC rooms And proves how hard it is to move AB's from the cabin. I don't think they would have been moved out of the room if the heavy guns didnt come out either. Way to go, Mach!

Let this be a lesson to all AB who knowingly book HC cabins. You may keep a child like Jacob from cruising.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise and tell us all about it when you get back.

Linda

Very well stated Linda. Maybe this thread will help some AB pax avoid the rooms. Just because they want them doesn't mean they should get them.

Way to go Mach. I know you don't take credit for it but it was you who initiated the call to Carnival. She wasn't able to get thru the proper channels without your help so you do deserve the kudo's.

I had an aft cabin on the Spirit and it was just awesome. You will love it. Mine was a balcony but the view is spectacular. You see the wake of the ship and see the port clearly as the ship pulls away from it. Very cool.

Enjoy your cruise Mach. I hope yours is every bit as special as you have made ours!!!!!

Charley & Jacob

Thank you. I'm sure it'll be wonderful. I've never been on board a ship when it wasn't.

For everyone who has commented, offered suggestions and prayers I'd like to thank each and every one of you for helping to show what Cruise Critic REALLY is... a community of people who love to cruise helping people who love to cruise.

Now, it's time for me to finish packing and get ready to fly to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow to meet the Splendor after her first arrival in the United States...

:)

Archived