What To Do? Urgent...

Charleyann

I called immediately. No accessible rooms available. Just in interior with no window. I paid for cabin view and both my son and I would not tolerate being in a room with no windows. The thought kills me! If the ship is going to sink....I would much prefer to know and see what direction I'm headed .(LOL)

Charleyann

So there are HC cabins available but you just dont want an inside?

I say take the inside I'm sure Carnival would reimburse you or give you a OBC. When you are disabled you don't always have a choice. At least the cabin will be handicapped accessable.

I had to do the same thing on my most recent Carnival cruise. All HC cabins were booked except for fully obstructed view.

There were AB in a HC balcony cabin but Carnival refused to move them. Carnival advised me they do not move AB out of HC cabins except in emergency cases. I obviously wasnt an emergency. I didnt have any heavy hitter on my side and most disabled people don't. I waitlisted that cabin but it never opened up. So I had to make do with a view of an orange life boat for 2 weeks.

So when Carnival tells you they will move you if someone needs the room it is more of an exception rather than a rule.

I say take the inside I'm sure Carnival would reimburse you or give you a OBC. When you are disabled you don't always have a choice.

Ummm, just because you are handicapped, doesnt mean you don't have choices. I'm sure you meant something different than what you typed.

Ummm, just because you are handicapped, doesnt mean you don't have choices. I'm sure you meant something different than what you typed.

I didnt say handicapped don't have choices. I said hanidcapped don't always have a choice and It is very true.

Do you know of what you speak? Are you in a wheelchair full time?

I say take the inside I'm sure Carnival would reimburse you or give you a OBC. When you are disabled you don't always have a choice. At least the cabin will be handicapped accessable.

I had to do the same thing on my most recent Carnival cruise. All HC cabins were booked except for fully obstructed view.

There were AB in a HC balcony cabin but Carnival refused to move them. Carnival advised me they do not move AB out of HC cabins except in emergency cases. I obviously wasnt an emergency. I didnt have any heavy hitter on my side and most disabled people don't. I waitlisted that cabin but it never opened up. So I had to make do with a view of an orange life boat for 2 weeks.

So when Carnival tells you they will move you if someone needs the room it is more of an exception rather than a rule.

Again we DO NOT like to be in a room without a window! We booked this cruise in February. The Carnival agent errored. So are you suggesting we bow quietly to Carnival, pardon their mistake and force my child into a room with no windows and allow him to be miserable and afraid?

What would be the sense of sailing? I would gladly take a room with an obstructed view as long as there is a window and we see light!

Thank you for the others for your support! Sorry you didn't have a heavy hitter on your side......

Charleyann and Jacob

I hope this works out for you guys!!

Side note: Coming from the angry "past guest party" thread, and seeing the awesomeness of the posters in here has redeemed this board for me today. So many petty fights on the CCL board sometimes, even I can get dragged into it if I'm not paying attention-----it's SO nice to see the board being this incredibly kind. Hugs to all of you guys 'n' gals for making me a little less jaded today. Hehehe.

Thanks you for all your caring natures! We will make the best of whatever situation comes our way. Figured we can't go in beat or we won't enjoy this vacation....

If we have to do without accessibility, we'll find a way. I have got to think positive, make wonderful memories for Jacob....

Charleyann

Charleyann. I didn't notice if you said when you sail. What ship

are you going on?

I hope this works out for you and Jacob and I'd love to see pictures

of him on the dolphin excursion. Keeping my fingers crossed that

Mach can help so the two of you can enjoy this cruise!!!

Keep us posted as to what is happening.

The CC boards are so awesome! It's wonderful that you were able to post your problem and that Mach is going to bat for you. I'm told that good things happen to good people, so I'm sure in the end this will get resolved for Jacob. Best wishes.

--Vickie

I was upset. He also did this on our already cruise booked for Dec 6/09 . A seven night cruise!:eek:. Special services were able to change that and book an acessible cabin.

Host Mach: I will email you!

Many Thanks

Charleyann

Please help me understand something. You are taking a shorter cruise to see if you like cruising but you haven't cruised yet and still you booked a longer cruise without knowing?

Charleyann. I didn't notice if you said when you sail. What ship

are you going on?

I hope this works out for you and Jacob and I'd love to see pictures

of him on the dolphin excursion. Keeping my fingers crossed that

Mach can help so the two of you can enjoy this cruise!!!

Keep us posted as to what is happening.

We sail on Dec 1/08, Imagination ship! I will definitely post pictures of the royal dolphin swim!

Charley ann

Please help me understand something. You are taking a shorter cruise to see if you like cruising but you haven't cruised yet and still you booked a longer cruise without knowing?

Can always cancel... :confused:

Best of luck Charley.

We love water and pretty much sure we will enjoy. We really want to do the Wester Carribean to Grand Cayman, Belize, Roaton Isla and Cozumel. We got a good price and put a deposit down and if we didn't like cruising we could get deposit back...

Charleyann

I was hoping to hear how Mach did, too. I just came on this thread, and was reading as quick as I could, hoping to hear of a wonderful outcome. Guess I'll just have to keep checking back and praying for this wonderful family.

Hi, guys...

I've been in Houston all day on business, with no internet access, and have yet had a chance to touch base with John.

I'm sure this was passed along to Guest Relations and they're working it from their end.

As soon as I hear anything I'll be sure to let everyone here know...

Everytime a bell rings (a poster in need) Mach earns his wings! You are one super dude Mach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need a Mach for everyday life!

Like the other Toni said, YOU ROCK

Charleyann.. I wish you and your son a wonderful, safe healthy cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIGS- YOU SAID IT>>>!!! This is what this board is all about..

OK I will go cry now...

:)TONI!

Gosh, If all the view HC cabins are taken with HC people I don't know what they can do. I am hoping there is able bodied people booked in one of the view HC cabins and they will move these people since this is an emergency.

Like you say you may have to give up accessibility. Since your son can walk(on good days, lets hope he doesnt have any bad days) a regular cabin could work. You can park the scooter outside your cabin if you have to. It will not be as convenient but like you say "we will find a way". That is a great attitude to have.

Can't wait to hear the outcome.

Thank you all for you support! This is the first time doctors have allowed my son to travel further from the states. He has had 300 plus admissions to hospital and he has finally had a 1 1/2 years of no hospitals and he has been stable!

He is so very excited. We are going to Do the Royal Dolphin Swim, Snuba and the Seatrek excrusions!(Cozumel) He is truly a water kid and loves anything ocean! The water is good for both his lungs and arthritic joints.

I hope this all works out!

Charleyann

Hey Charleyann,

Changing the topic just a bit, I noticed you said you were taking your son on the Snuba excursion. I just got back from the Inspiration where we did a Discover Scuba excursion that has similar medical waiver requirements. The one woman on our trip that had a history of asthma was not allowed to dive with us. They told her that anyone with a history of any sort of breathing problem, no matter how well controlled, could not go. The tour guides and dive instructors are not doctors so they tend to be overly cautious with anyone who even looks like they might have a problem. They did mention however, that if she had gone to her doctor before arriving and gotten a letter stating that it was ok for her to use the underwater breathing apparatus, then they would have let her dive.

If you haven't already, you'll want to do the same for your son. I'd hate for him to have to sit and watch everyone else having fun while he was stuck on the boat.

Have a great time on your cruise!

Archived