Question About Charges

CM2J2R2S

Hi Everyone,

I thought I read somewhere, here or the CCL site, that charges are automatically added to your account. I do know they add in gratuities at ten dollars per person per day, but do they add a security deposit for purchases to each cruiser?

I thought I saw this and have searched here and cannot find it again, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Your $10 per day per person gratuity is automatically added the first day. At checkin they place a hold on your credit card for purchases. After that, excursions that are scheduled onboard, all purchases on board including alcohol/sodas/bottled-waters are charged to the S&S account. ken

The 'hold' then, Ken - is the $250 pp charge that I did read about - do they do that for everyone, including kids?

Kids pay the same tips, everything. If you are talking a cash deposit then its about $50 a day, but Iv never seen anything but a tiny amount that showed as pending, nothing as much as some folks who said with a debit card they showed each charge as pending then when it went through so it was like a double amount until the pending charge fell off, but then I keep plenty to cover it in my checking account. Now I use a credit card.

So, kids would not be any different than adults.

There was a lot of confusion the first few days on the Spirit in Oct. Many of us had two accounts linked to one charge card in our staterooms .. my husbands charges were to go on my credit card for instance ... but when checking the folios on the TV each charge he made showed up on his statement and mine. The pursers desk was kept quite busy explaining that they were not duplicate charges and indeed the last day only my folio was charged. I just had never seen it done in this manner .. and many others said the same. (I had never been on Carnival before but even past guests said that was different)

There is no "deposit" on cash accounts that are setup. For those using cash you just give them the amount you want to credit to your account (keeping in mind tips) and off you go. They have never questioned the amount I have put down (go matter how small or large).

Hi Everyone,

I thought I read somewhere, here or the CCL site, that charges are automatically added to your account. I do know they add in gratuities at ten dollars per person per day, but do they add a security deposit for purchases to each cruiser?

I thought I saw this and have searched here and cannot find it again, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Is this the S&S deposit info you were looking for?

The following dollar amounts, per guest, are used as a deposit when the Sail & Sign Account is opened:

2-4 day cruises: $100 deposit pp

5-8 day cruises: $200 deposit pp

9 + day cruises: $350 deposit pp

There was a lot of confusion the first few days on the Spirit in Oct. Many of us had two accounts linked to one charge card in our staterooms .. my husbands charges were to go on my credit card for instance ... but when checking the folios on the TV each charge he made showed up on his statement and mine. The pursers desk was kept quite busy explaining that they were not duplicate charges and indeed the last day only my folio was charged. I just had never seen it done in this manner .. and many others said the same. (I had never been on Carnival before but even past guests said that was different)

That's the way the did it when we were on the Pride in February 2007, but it can be confusing if you don't know about it ahead of time.

cm2....When you deposit with credit card the per-person hold is as one poster indicated above; that would apply to kids unless you set-them up with no charging allowed on their account.

As another poster pointed out, you CAN deposit using cash (Traveler's checks) in which case there's no minimum!!! If you use this option remember that the $10 per person per day (which applies to kids too) is charged to your S&S Account the first day or so, alcohol/soda charges are deducted, as are any shore excursions that you book on the ship, so you want to deposit accordingly so that you're not running to Purser's desk each day to replenish your S&S account. ken

Okay, so really, I guess what I am asking is about charges. We have six kids traveling with us. We figure, the oldest two will put their own cash deposits down and draw on that and then get it back before leaving the ship. The four younger kids don't have signing privileges on their cards.

Is it safe to assume that we will be charged the gratuity charges, pp/pd and then $250 x 2 for my husband and myself?

We just don't think that our limit is quite high enough to put the gratuities plus 250 x 8 on the card.

Okay, so really, I guess what I am asking is about charges. We have six kids traveling with us. We figure, the oldest two will put their own cash deposits down and draw on that and then get it back before leaving the ship. The four younger kids don't have signing privileges on their cards.

Is it safe to assume that we will be charged the gratuity charges, pp/pd and then $250 x 2 for my husband and myself?

We just don't think that our limit is quite high enough to put the gratuities plus 250 x 8 on the card.

OK I see..If the two older kids put cash deposits down, then that is where their gratuities will be drawn from as well. If your limit isnt high enough for the holds, have you considered putting down cash for your, husband and the rest of the kids?

Archived