Cheap Liquor in W. Caribbean?

happyvalley

We're heading to the Western Caribbean on the Ruby Princess to Cozumel, Ochos Rios, and Georgetown (Grand Cayman) next month. Which port has the best prices on liquor, particularly rum and vodka? Also, any tips on buying coffee in Ochos Rios? Would like to get some Blue Mountain coffee but am wary of getting ripped off. Many thanks!

Might I suggest your local costco. I found no deals on alcohol. In fact, we found the same price in the ships store that we found on land. The days of stocking up on cheap alcohol and dragging it home are over in my opinion.

Enjoy your trip!

here, just to save you looking.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=874235

I don't know about the coffee tho....

my gosh,you are so generous.i bought the coffee years ago in small bags vacuumed sealed,brought it home and into the fridge.I remember it was STRONG!makes great gifts.

I don't think the prices in Cozumel or GC are all that great. Although it's been a few years now, I recall that liquor prices in Jamaica were quite a bit lower.

The little bags of coffee are pretty easy to find. It's hard to say what it actually is - maybe just repackaged Colombian coffee, but it was pretty good.

I would say that the best chance of getting pure freshly ground Blue Mountain Jamaician coffee would be to take a tour to a coffee plantation or ask you tour guide where to buy it. I bought a pound at the liquor store at the pier and was not happy.

We found cheap rum and vodka in Ocho Rios. However, we were able to get very cheap and convient liquor on the ship. They had Captain Morgan and Malibu at 1/3 of the prices that we pay at home. We plan to stock up on our next cruise as we will be driving and will not have to worry about shipping.

Would like to get some Blue Mountain coffee but am wary of getting ripped off. Many thanks!

We have always enjoyed Blue Mountain coffee and Kona coffee from Hawaii. We have bought both to enjoy at home, but it never tastes the same:confused:. We figure it has to be the water:eek:.

Archived