Day Passes at Resorts on St. Lucia?

harryw

• 3 months later...

we went in May and they were pretty responsive (w/i in the day).

if you have any questions on it let me know. it was a good day for a reasonable price.

Lee

I have emailed Rendezvous the other day and was wondering how long does it normaly take for them to get back to you. Thanks

we went in May and they were pretty responsive (w/i in the day).

if you have any questions on it let me know. it was a good day for a reasonable price.

Lee

Thanks so much! I just received a email and have booked a 1/2 day pass! you are right what a great price.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the great posts about the day pass resorts. We'll be in St. Lucia in Oct and am trying to decide on whether to do a Sandals in St. Lucia or Antigua. Has anyone done both and which would you prefer? For $100 p/p, do you get any kind of access to indoor facilities like a room or hospitality suite?

• 2 months later...
Can anyone compare Ti Kaye to Rendezvous for me? I was wondering which beach was better, and would like to hear any and all opinions. Thanks!

Depend on what you mean by "better". Ti Kaye is primarily a "snorkeler's beach"...great snorkeling almost as soon as you enter the water. The beach is nice, but it's kind of a narrow pocket beach. What makes it great for snorkeling probably makes it less suitable as a typical "beach day", as the water is full of coral and rock.

I haven't been to Rendezvous, so I can't really speak to that. Here's a photo of Ti Kaye's beach....coral extends across the top and bottom of the cove.

2596883140079365048S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by jtmalt

Depend on what you mean by "better". Ti Kaye is primarily a "snorkeler's beach"...great snorkeling almost as soon as you enter the water. The beach is nice, but it's kind of a narrow pocket beach. What makes it great for snorkeling probably makes it less suitable as a typical "beach day", as the water is full of coral and rock.

I haven't been to Rendezvous, so I can't really speak to that. Here's a photo of Ti Kaye's beach....coral extends across the top and bottom of the cove.

2596883140079365048S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for the info. We like to snorkel, but I also want to be able to just enjoy the water and swim a bit, as well as relax on the beach. Is it a good swimming beach too or are there just too many rocks and coral?

Thanks for the info. We like to snorkel, but I also want to be able to just enjoy the water and swim a bit, as well as relax on the beach. Is it a good swimming beach too or are there just too many rocks and coral?

The coral is mainly concentrated along the "arms" of the cove, but the area between, while suitable for swimming, is basically rock and stone, not sand. You would want to wear water shoes, at a minimum.

That being said, the snorkeling IS excellent, and they have a limited number of kayaks available for free usage as well. I have a complete review up at Tripadvisor, which you can read at this link.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am interested in this thread also. Planning a cruise to so. Caribbean Sept. 16, 2012

I want to book a day at one of the resorts in St. Lucia. Just not sure which one. We just want to relax and use their pool. Any suggestions?

I did find Sandles but not sure if that is where we want to go or not.

http://www.tikaye.com/dive-rates.php

http://www.sandals.com/main/ I meant to post this link

"I am interested in this thread also. Planning a cruise to so. Caribbean Sept. 16, 2012

I want to book a day at one of the resorts in St. Lucia. Just not sure which one. We just want to relax and use their pool. Any suggestions?

I did find Sandles but not sure if that is where we want to go or not.

http://www.tikaye.com/dive-rates.php "

There are several resorts on the island where you can book a day pass. If it is just adults, then you have Rendezvous and 3 Sandals to choose from, along LeSport (although it is fairly far from the port)

Rendezvous does a partial day pass which is great for cruise guests - it is usually around 10-3:30/4 and inculdes lunch, drinks, pools, lazy river, chairs on the beach or by the pool, activites, etc. It runs about $60US pp. Rendezvous is either a 25 minute walk from the port or a short, $10US cab ride.

Sandals - all 3 - also offer day passes at $100USpp. Again, adults only and includes pool, drinks, food, etc.

If you are looking for a family resort, check out the St. Lucian by Rex or the Royal by Rex, both offer day passes which include the use of the pool. Not drinks or lunch though, as they are not AI resorts like the others. They are both in Rodney Bay. Don't remember the price right off.

Good luck with whichever you choose.

Enjoy your visit.

I just got back from staying at Sandals Grande and visited La Toc (Regency) for a day. The closest to the port would be La Toc and Grande would be the farthest of the 3. La Toc would be minutes away. The resort is beautiful. I verified the cost for cruisers while there and was told $100pp.

Let me know if you have any questions.

The St. Lucia Sandals Grande looks amazing. I think it is 120.00 p.p. That is especially the one day I want to do just to use the pool and relax.

This thread from last year with day pass info for Sandals - first post. It is $200US per couple for the day pass - unless this has changed in the last 2 or 3 months. We have friends who did a pass back in Jan. 2012.

It is 15 minutes by taxi to La Toc, 20 minutes to Halcyon and about 30 minutes to the Grande (without traffic). Hope that helps - enjoy your visit!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1362380&highlight=sandals+day+pass

Personally, I think you are missing out on what St. Lucia has to offer and see and experience by just staying at a Sandals for the day, but I can understand being tired after other ports.

Also, do seriously consider Rendezvous, (theromanitcholiday dot com)which is so much closer to the port and offers all the same things as Sandals at much less of a daily rate - only $60US pp for the hours you would actually be able to use the resort instead of $100USpp for hours you won't even be on island! Still adults, couple's only, like Sandals and is very beautiful, great long stretch of calm beach, comfy lounge chairs, several pools, lazy river, beautiful grounds and great food, along with free-flowing drinks - same thing for less money and much less time in the car - you can walk to in in less time it would take in a taxi to the Sandals. Or a 5 minute cab ride. There is lots of info and pictures on these boards.

Either way - enjoy.

Thank you so much for this information. I will def consider roundovouz instead. I like that is is closer to the port and of course cheaper. I know you said that we should consider doing something instead in St. Lucia. What do you recommend instead. I am open to all suggestions. This is our (mine) first cruise. I am traveling with my two daughters.

One more question? Isn't Rendezvous a couples only resort. I am with my two adult daughters.

Rendezvous is an adult's only couples resort like Sandals - your 2 adult daughters will be more than welcome at the resort. Not a problem at all.

As you will only be on the island for a day, I would highly recommend you consider a trip down to the Soufriere region to see the Pitons - the sights St.. Lucia is famous for! I know they are a bit of a drive or boat trip from the cruise port - but the sights are simply amazing. There are several tour options - some full day, some part day and some that are sea only tours.

Serenity TVL offers a half day tour at $35Us pp that goes to the volcano and the Pitons - amazing. Spencer Ambrose offers a 6 or so hour tour that is sea only and includes a few swimming/snorkeling stops inlcuding at the beach right between the Pitons - amazing coastal views, and beautiful beaches. His tour includes lunch and drinks.

There are other land/sea tour options - most are full day.

Otherwise - I do completely understand about being tired and just wanting to relax for a day - Rendezvous is great for that!

Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise!

Thank you RedPrincess. Very helpful information. When is your next cruise?

Our next cruise won't be till this fall - we are doing some things around the island here and also will be going to London this summer for the Olympics - that has taken a fair chunk of the vacation budget!!! :p

Enjoy your visit!

Hello Everyone!! I am going on a cruise this summer and one of the ports is St. Lucia. Does anyone know how to get in contact with Rendevous? Anytime I call the number on the website it just plays me an automated message. Just wondering if anyone has been in the last few months that could give me some more information.

Thanks.