Day Passes at Resorts on St. Lucia?

harryw

Hello Everyone!! I am going on a cruise this summer and one of the ports is St. Lucia. Does anyone know how to get in contact with Rendevous? Anytime I call the number on the website it just plays me an automated message. Just wondering if anyone has been in the last few months that could give me some more information.

Thanks.

You can email reservations directly, here is a copy of a recent email from another CC member:

Please we advised we can offer a pass of US$60.00 per person from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. This would include lunch, drinks, afternoon tea.

NB: excludes use of scuba facilities and motorized water sports.

Payment can be made upon arrival at Resort.

Kindly advise.

Regards

Valencia| Reservations

Malabar Beach | Vigie | Post Office Box 190 | Castries | Saint Lucia|(:+ 1 (758) 4577918|7:+ 1 (758) 4527419 |*: Reservations@theromanticholiday.com

Or try Angus directly in reservations: Angus@theromanticholiday.com

Hope that helps - enjoy your visits!

I did read where someone said their time spent at the rondavouz was quite boring. They said it was extremly quiet there and the service was unfriendly. I really want to try sandals but but it is further away and more expensive. Any truth to the fact rondavouz is quiet and boring?

I did read where someone said their time spent at the rondavouz was quite boring. They said it was extremly quiet there and the service was unfriendly. I really want to try sandals but but it is further away and more expensive. Any truth to the fact rondavouz is quiet and boring?

If you want to try Sandals - then try the Sandals. Yes, further away and lots more expensive, but it sounds like you really want to try it- so I would say go for it.

personally - have stayed at all of them and visited all of them - and for us, we like Rendezvous the best - best service and food, nice pools, one of the longest stretches of beach between all of them, etc. We also like the lazy river to just float around. That's us. there are plenty of people who love Sandals and wouldn't consider anything else. Personally though, for a $40Us pp price difference (along with travel time and taxi cost), Rendezvous can't be beat? That's $120 plus cab fare (another $70 R/T) that can be used elsewhere - a huge selling feature in my book. Again though, that's me! There is music around the pools at Rendezvous - not lound throbbing music, but music, pool volleyball, some beach games sometimes, several bars, food, etc. If you are looking to lounge and relax - then what difference does it really make? Anyways, here is a thread with loads of info and reviews about Rendezvous from the last year or so:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1323015&highlight=rendezvous

Also - there is a poster on your roll call that has been to Rendezvous recently - perhaps ask them? I think it is HarleyDriver or something like that.

I am sure you would enjoy whichever one you chose. Good luck and enjoy your visit!

ps: I see you are from SD - I immigrated from SD to St. Lucia about 6 years ago - miss America's Finest City - but have never looked back! I am sure you would enjoy a tour around the island, but a day at one of the resorts in the north is great too. Enjoy!

Edited by reedprincess

thank you Princess. I LOVE San Diego. I believe you have convinced me to book the Rondavouz, just by virtue of the cab fare alone.

We will snorkel and tour all the other islands on our cruise.

In St. Lucia we want to eat drink and be merry. So thinking that a resort would be a nice break. I just hope I don't feel guilty that we are missing out on the "other" things to see in St. Lucia.:eek:

thank you Princess. I LOVE San Diego. I believe you have convinced me to book the Rondavouz, just by virtue of the cab fare alone.

We will snorkel and tour all the other islands on our cruise.

In St. Lucia we want to eat drink and be merry. So thinking that a resort would be a nice break. I just hope I don't feel guilty that we are missing out on the "other" things to see in St. Lucia.:eek:

From everything I have read on this post and the links, I have emailed Rendezvous for reservations for our Oct 28th cruise. How quick do they respond? I haven't heard anything yet. Maybe because it's the weekend(?).

This will be my 3rd trip to St. Lucia, this island reminds me of Hawaii, the waterfalls, volcano, the darker sand beaches, just beautiful! First trip did the Cosol tour, worth every penny and more. Second trip, deep sea fishing had a blast. This coming trip just want to relax.

From everything I have read on this post and the links, I have emailed Rendezvous for reservations for our Oct 28th cruise. How quick do they respond? I haven't heard anything yet. Maybe because it's the weekend(?).

This will be my 3rd trip to St. Lucia, this island reminds me of Hawaii, the waterfalls, volcano, the darker sand beaches, just beautiful! First trip did the Cosol tour, worth every penny and more. Second trip, deep sea fishing had a blast. This coming trip just want to relax.

Usually they respond within a few days - Caribbean time you know! If you haven't heard from them by late tuesday, I would email again for follow-up. Most people usually hear something with about 2 days.

Enjoy your visit!

ps: yup - Kauai'i and St. Lucia are very similar in lush landscapes and dramatic scenery, etc. Even the chickens running around everywhere!!! :p

Thank you Reedprincess for your reply. I will give it a couple of days to get a response.

Small world, seems like alot of people are from SD or the surrounding area. My family is in Escondido (my mother and fathers families moved to California in the early 1900 and 1920's). When I go home to visit I always rent a condo/house in Mission Beach usually in a court beach side, anywhere A thru Z. Sure miss the beach now that I'm soooo far from it oh, and the good Mexican food and of course flying to Maui.

I just booked a day pass here as we are beach people. I was quoted 60.00 pp for half day which includes lunch and use of resort facilities.

I ended up booking the day pass @95.00 pp from 10 - 6. includes lunch bevreages and use of resort. We want to get an early start at beach and pool.

This came from their reservations dept.:D

I just booked a day pass here as we are beach people. I was quoted 60.00 pp for half day which includes lunch and use of resort facilities.

I ended up booking the day pass @95.00 pp from 10 - 6. includes lunch bevreages and use of resort. We want to get an early start at beach and pool.

This came from their reservations dept.:D

That is an odd price as, in the past, they have done day passes for cruise passengers fom 10-4 at the $60pp as shown above. what were the times for the half day?

I would copy that above email and send it to them and ask why the price difference. As you can't stay that late anyways ( I would be extrmemely surprised if your ship was in port past 5pm) seems odd they would put the price up so much.

also - try directly with Angus - he usually handles the day passes:

angus@theromaticholiday.com

then again, there may have been a price adjustment I don't know about. But - worth checking out!

Good luck - either way, it is a wonderful resort, I am sure you guys will have a great time!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

We are Andrea and John from Fernandina Beach Florida, and will drive down to south Florida for this cruise. While on board the Celebrity Equinox we booked this cruise and received all of the 1-2-3 perks. Looking forward to having fun and sunny days while on this cruise. The last time we were in St. Lucia we had a great time while on a Spencer Ambrose Tour. This time we may try something different.

I have not seen any chatter concerning our other stops. What are some ideas about our other ports?

John

We are Andrea and John from Fernandina Beach Florida, and will drive down to south Florida for this cruise. While on board the Celebrity Equinox we booked this cruise and received all of the 1-2-3 perks. Looking forward to having fun and sunny days while on this cruise. The last time we were in St. Lucia we had a great time while on a Spencer Ambrose Tour. This time we may try something different.

I have not seen any chatter concerning our other stops. What are some ideas about our other ports?

John

Enjoy your sailing. The reason you are not seeing any chatter about other ports is because you have posted in the St Lucia Port of Call forum, on a post that is over two years old, rather than your Roll Call, which is here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206.

Find your ship, then sail date and join your roll call there.

If you have questions about the various ports, post them in the corresponding port of call forum, such as questions about St Lucia and what to do should be posted here.

Enjoy your sailing.

Edited by reedprincess

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, 2 women would be allowed to go. Just as long as there are no kids.

Today I emailed Rendezvous and called all 3 Sandals resorts.

Here is what they Rendezvous sent me:

All Day Pass

Includes Meals, Beverages, Entertainment and use of resort facilities

from 9:00am until 11:00pm

US$173.00 per guest

Day Pass

Includes Meals, Beverages and use of resort facilities

from 10:00am until 6:00pm

US$105.00 per guest

Half Day Pass (Morning)

Includes Breakfast only, Beverages and use of resort facilities

from 8:00am until 12 noon

US$49.00 per guest

Half Day Pass (Afternoon)

Includes Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Beverages and use of resort facilities

from 12 noon until 6:00pm

US$65.00 per guest

Breakfast Pass

Includes Breakfast only

from 8:00am until 10:30am

US$33.00 per guest

Lunch Pass

Includes Lunch only and Beverages

from 12 noon until 3:00pm

US$44.00 per guest

Dinner Pass

Includes Dinner, Beverages and Entertainment

from 7:00pm until 12 midnight

US$92.00 per guest

ALL RATES INCLUSIVE OF 8% VAT

ALL FACILITIES ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY

On the phone, each Sandals place said it was $100pp. When I asked about hours Halcyon said normally 10-6, but it could be switched to 9-5 or 8-4. The other 2 said 10-6.

Halcyon said just show up, Grande said call the day before to ensure availability, La Toc said you can call ahead to reserve but they also said the pass is "usually 100 pp Monday to Friday". The price might change depending on the day. She didn't see too knowledgeable.

• 2 weeks later...
The Sandals website has up to date contact info for all the Sandals properties, including the in-country phone numbers, etc.

I was hoping to find an email address. I tried using their online Contact form and they told me I had to contact the resort directly. They gave me the phone number but no email address.

Edited by CruisinCrow

I was hoping to find an email address. I tried using their online Contact form and they told me I had to contact the resort directly. They gave me the phone number but no email address.

Ahhh, you didn't specify that, just asked for contact info. You were given their phone number cuz it's easiest and fastest to call the resort direct. That info is on their website too. http://www.sandals.com/contact/contact-resorts/

Email often takes days to be answered, if then. You can try: sglmail@grp.sandals.com. That's an old email address though, but should still work. Best bet is to simply call. You'll have an answer right away. $100 pp for a day pass. Hope you get through....

Edited by reedprincess

Ahhh, you didn't specify that, just asked for contact info. You were given their phone number cuz it's easiest and fastest to call the resort direct. That info is on their website too. http://www.sandals.com/contact/contact-resorts/

Email often takes days to be answered, if then. You can try: sglmail@grp.sandals.com. That's an old email address though, but should still work. Best bet is to simply call. You'll have an answer right away. $100 pp for a day pass. Hope you get through....

Thank you! I should have been more specific. I wanted an email so I could print out the response and bring it with me to the resort, in case there were any problems. Just nice to have something in writing. :)

Thank you! I should have been more specific. I wanted an email so I could print out the response and bring it with me to the resort, in case there were any problems. Just nice to have something in writing. :)

I can appreciate that. You can always ask the resort to email you a confirmation when you call them. Also, be sure to note the name of whomever you spoke with, preferably first and last. Usually, not a problem at all though, Sandals rarely turns away paying guests.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to follow up. I tried the email address and it didn't bounce back but I never got a reply either. So I ended up having to call after all. :)

They transferred me to the Executive Office, where they were able to confirm that they had availability the day we'd be there. The woman I spoke to told me that it was $100 a person from 10 AM to 6 PM. And she even took our names down and the date so the guard would have them at the gate.

Can't wait!

Hey CruisinCrow like to know how this turns out for you as we're thinking of doing the same thing next year. If you can would you do a follow up or PM with how everything went and who you called or contacted? Where did you find the number thanks Todd

P.S I'm going to two sandals but on different islands this year so will do some poking around myself as well.