OBC after price drop and cabin upgrade

ddakrt

Hi guys,

I originally booked a BB balcony in September during one of the 1 day OBC promotion for a sailing this December, a week later the price had drop so I called back in to get the lower price (still before final payment date). While getting the lower price I found out that a aft Mini was still available and we upgraded to that room for a little bit more than our original BB price.

My PCC had verbally informed me that the we will indeed keep the OBC (it was only $100, so it's not a huge amount) for this room.

Fast forward to now I still haven't seen any confirmation of the OBC on any documents I've received so I called back and now they are telling me that since I had upgraded to the Mini it was considered a new booking and thus the OBC no longer applies.

Now I know many people will call in and ask for a lower price if the fare drops prior to the final payment date, but do you guys get to keep the OBC that you got originally?

I have a feeling talking with my PCC isn't going to be much help with this issue, what should be the next step I take to at least attemp to get my OBC back?

TIA.

Hi guys,

I originally booked a BB balcony in September during one of the 1 day OBC promotion for a sailing this December, a week later the price had drop so I called back in to get the lower price (still before final payment date). While getting the lower price I found out that a aft Mini was still available and we upgraded to that room for a little bit more than our original BB price.

My PCC had verbally informed me that the we will indeed keep the OBC (it was only $100, so it's not a huge amount) for this room.

Fast forward to now I still haven't seen any confirmation of the OBC on any documents I've received so I called back and now they are telling me that since I had upgraded to the Mini it was considered a new booking and thus the OBC no longer applies.

Now I know many people will call in and ask for a lower price if the fare drops prior to the final payment date, but do you guys get to keep the OBC that you got originally?

I have a feeling talking with my PCC isn't going to be much help with this issue, what should be the next step I take to at least attemp to get my OBC back?

TIA.

Something I've tried a couple times over the past months and it's worked a couple times.. call up NCL, but don't go to your PCC extension. Just wait for the first available consultant to take your call. Try it, tell them what you were told before you agreed to pay for the upgrade.

Hi guys,

TIA.

wow, this is a tough one: did you get an email conformation immediately from NCL, if so, that would have been the time to challenge this. During Oct NCL was allowing upgrades and giving OBC but not knowing what kind of a promo you had it is hard to say. The sad thing, it looks like your PCC wasn't honest with you...

Nita

wow, this is a tough one: did you get an email conformation immediately from NCL, if so, that would have been the time to challenge this. During Oct NCL was allowing upgrades and giving OBC but not knowing what kind of a promo you had it is hard to say. The sad thing, it looks like your PCC wasn't honest with you...

Nita

Looking at my email confirmations, the original did say that I have a $100 OBC, but that had disappeared when I called in for the lower price but ended up with an upgrade.

So while I forgot exactly during which promotion I booked originally, I do have records that I was supposed to get $100 in OBC.

I too have the feeling that my PCC wasn't being completely honest, and still isn't so...

Looking at my email confirmations, the original did say that I have a $100 OBC, but that had disappeared when I called in for the lower price but ended up with an upgrade.

Sorry, but if it's not on your new confirmation, you don't have it. There was a long thread here a week or so ago with a similar situation and NCL refused to honor what the customer was told by the agent.

CG

I had a similar situation on an Alaska cruise last May and I figured I had lost the OBC when I got the cabin upgrade and reduced price. So I was surprised when I got my on-board bill and saw that the credit was there. It was a delightful surprise on the last morning! So hang in there, perhaps you'll see your credit again. Maybe not. Either way, have a great cruise!

I was looking at a price reduction just before final payment, but was told that to get the price reduction I would lose my OBC. Doing the math, the OBC was worth more than the price reduction, so I kept my original booking.

OBC is a pricing gimmick. I look at it this way. If I buy a cabin for $1800 with a $150 obc, I figure I bought it for $1,650.

Somebody esle might have bought the same cabin for $1,650 with no OBC.

That means we paid the SAME price.

So, when I go to a new booking, they either have to adjust for the OBC, or quote a lower price. Either way, it is all money. OBC's are real money.

Archived