Oasis of the Seas Live: Float Out and Ship Tour

Dan Askin

Float out starts around 4 p.m., 4:30 p.m.

And yes, the dock will take a long while to fill. We'll just see the beginning today.

Carolyn

Thank you for the timeline Carolyn. I'm looking forward to every litttle piece of information, and picture. Thanks so much for everything you are doing to make this possible for us.:)

Hi, Liz. It's cold in a good way. Ran into Richard Fain at breakfast and he said that after spending yesterday on the ship, he was literally frozen -- and had a good ol' Finnish sauna last night to thaw out!

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn

I bet Richard is wishing he could warm up like in this pic-

100_3251.jpg

Hi Liz, this is Brenda from the cruise we took years ago on the Navigator of the Seas (2004) with you and your son. Are you thinking of cruising on the Oasis? I really want to and am going to try to talk my husband into booking in Jan or Feb 2010.

I am really looking forward to hearing about the Oasis of the Seas's Float out.

Brenda

Hi Brenda :D

Yes as my Critter Sister Brenda posted above (thanks Sis) I am on the Inaugural sailing of Oasis,wish you and DH could join us in this one :D

Taking Alex and his GF on the Navigator in May :D

Ok all done in house so now ready to wait here patiently for when the news comes in from Turku..(Turku time is 2 hours ahead of UK time.)

Thanks Brian :D

Oh hecky thump..pass the tissues someone please...she is really beautiful..awww :o

Good Morning Brenda and Liz!!

Wow! This is sooo exciting!! Thank you Liz for keeping us in the loop and posting the links to this thread!

This is incredible!!

Thanks Brian and Carolyn too!

It's absolutely amazing to think that in just over a year from now we'll be sailing on this incredible ship. Now I don't think I can get anything done today! I'm going to get another cup of coffee and joinin you Brenda for as long as I can stay put!

Hi Tammy :D

Just heard from a friend up there that it is around -3c today and snow forecast for tomorrow...hope Carolyn has her winter woolies on :D

After the coffee I think we need to crack open the champagne eh :D

Ahhhh Liz!!!!!! That's a wonderful idea! A Champagne toast to our baby's special day!! Seriously...let me see if I have a bottle....just a sec.........

ah Ha! I do have a bottle and just put it in the frige to chill! Of course not as cold as it is there. Poor Carolyn!! Bundle up girl!!

ok, so when the champagne is cold we'll pour ourselves a glass and toast.

Go get the others and we'll set up a time..... hehe!! :)

By the way,,,is that Vicki Freed standing on the side in a wet suit clapping??

This is a great photo!

Thanks I was quite chuffed at myself for taking that pic, darn reporters etc kept getting in my way and yes I think it is Vicki at the side...heck I never noticed her there before. :D That is on the Indy Naming Ceremony sailing.

I wonder if Richard will have a preference for which Flowrider he issues his challenge on, on the Oasis?

I just knew you would have Champagne around :D We should call you "Champagne Tammy" :D

You crack me up!! hehe!! What can I say............ :o LOL!!!

I'm still waiting to see more. Is this where they'll post it?

...by the way, I do like the name

Thanks I was quite chuffed at myself for taking that pic, darn reporters etc kept getting in my way and yes I think it is Vicki at the side...heck I never noticed her there before. :D That is on the Indy Naming Ceremony sailing.

I wonder if Richard will have a preference for which Flowrider he issues his challenge on, on the Oasis?

That's very cool that you were there! Yeah, those darn reporters....getting in your way. Not so nice but you did great none the less! Great photo and I do think that's her. You need to send it to them.

Maybe they'll pay you....hmmmm.

You crack me up!! hehe!! What can I say............ :o LOL!!!

I'm still waiting to see more. Is this where they'll post it?

...by the way, I do like the name

Yes Champagne Tammy.. this is where Carolyn will post the news and pics as soon as she can..though she might need a wee drinkie to thaw out :D

You're welcome Liz. Anything for the sisterhood.:D

So help me out here will ya, 2 hours ahead of you, would be 6 or 8 hrs from eastern time zone?

THe UK is GMT which is 5 hours ahead of Eastern Time, Turku is 2 hours ahead of GMT, so 7 hours ahead of Eastern Time. The time in Turku is now 6:16pm

Archived