Oasis of the Seas Live: Float Out and Ship Tour

Dan Askin

Some pictures from a Norwegian newspaper: http://www1.vg.no/bildespesial/show/spesial.php?id=6535&o=0&katId=-1

Unfortunately it's in Norwegian, but click neste (next) for next picture. It contains pics form the full scale modell of the Loft suites:D

Thanks for these photos. This ship is beyond WOW. I especially liked the first photo and the bus looks like a little toy next to Oasis.

Think I might need B2B2B:)

There are still some mysteries. We have the mystery of what the circle platform is above the miniature golf course.

I have also been wondering from day one about the large looking lounge that is underneath the Flow Riders and has rectangle shaped, angled windows overlooking the Aqua Theater several decks below. The ship's name is written just above the windows. Someone mentioned this was machinery spaces for the Flow Riders but I don't believe it. First I don't think they need a space that large and also why have windows? It's some sort of observation lounge from the looks of it, but it's not listed on the deck plan.

There are also two more observation looking lounges, one above each of the rock climbing walls. These are much smaller but again they look like they will be glass enclosed areas overlooking the Aqua Theater and the rock climbing wall just below. Again, these spaces are not shown on the deck plan.

I think we will be hearing more about both these areas.

Ernie

There are still some mysteries. We have the mystery of what the circle platform is above the miniature golf course.

I have also been wondering from day one about the large looking lounge that is underneath the Flow Riders and has rectangle shaped, angled windows overlooking the Aqua Theater several decks below. The ship's name is written just above the windows. Someone mentioned this was machinery spaces for the Flow Riders but I don't believe it. First I don't think they need a space that large and also why have windows? It's some sort of observation lounge from the looks of it, but it's not listed on the deck plan.

There are also two more observation looking lounges, one above each of the rock climbing walls. These are much smaller but again they look like they will be glass enclosed areas overlooking the Aqua Theater and the rock climbing wall just below. Again, these spaces are not shown on the deck plan.

Ernie

Ernie, I wondered the same thing. I know that our friend Akerbuilder stated that the area below the Flowriders was for machinery but I also wondered why they would need that plus on the artists renditions, that area is lit up as being something else. Why light it up if it was not public space?

Ernie

Ernie,

I would tend to believe that the little "rooms" over the rock walls would be some sort of control both for the aqua theater when they are having the shows. That would be my guess, this way they wouldn't be using floor space for the sound boards, and lighting and water controls.

Bummer about Ken Rush. I know people love him, I am just not one of those people. Overrated IMO. I was hoping for Richard Spacey. Now *that* is a CD!!

Ernie

Agree 100% with you. Just off the Freedom a few weeks back and Spacey was one of the best so far IMHO. Not a Ken Rush fan at all. He could take some lessons from Richard.

Ernie,

I would tend to believe that the little "rooms" over the rock walls would be some sort of control both for the aqua theater when they are having the shows. That would be my guess, this way they wouldn't be using floor space for the sound boards, and lighting and water controls.

Makes sense Brian.

Ernie, I wondered the same thing. I know that our friend Akerbuilder stated that the area below the Flowriders was for machinery but I also wondered why they would need that plus on the artists renditions, that area is lit up as being something else. Why light it up if it was not public space?

Perhaps there is some space on the far port and starboard sides underneath the Flow Riders for machinery, but surly not that entire lounge looking area.

It's actually a large "bridge" on Deck 14, which for now is just a blank white space on the deck plan. One side overlooks the Aqua Theater and the other side would overlook the Boardwalk.

There are also two white spaces (one port and one starboard) just underneath that 'bridge' one deck lower on Deck 12. These two spaces would be at the very top of each rock climbing wall. I really think these will be some sort of observation lounge as well.

Time will tell!

Ernie

Ernie,

Absolutely. Good call.

Ernie

Agree 100% with you. Just off the Freedom a few weeks back and Spacey was one of the best so far IMHO. Not a Ken Rush fan at all. He could take some lessons from Richard.

Not to mention Richard is without a doubt the best looking CD I have ever laid eyes on. ;)

Ernie

Apologies, a correction. The express train I like is Pendolino (got mixed up with a brand of shoes I used to buy!). But if you are really just coming to Finland to go to Turku, forget the train. There is no train from Helsinki Vantaa airport. You have two options. One is you can fly into Turku (limited flights but there are some, I have done it from the states, flying SAS and connecting in Stockholm) and I presume Finnair offers connections. Also, most people who live there just take an express bus that goes right from the airport.

But if you are doing a daytrip from Helsinki or staying in Helsinki, the train is the best choice.

Carolyn

Hi, Bild 'Em. First of all Turku itself is delightful, especially in summer (though it was gorgeous with the first snowfall of the season, too). I like the Radisson SAS Marina hotel -- it's right on the River Aura, lovely setting.

I'm actually on the train now :) -- promised myself I would do holiday shopping on the train trip and here I am working again, LOL. It's easy. There's an express train from Helsinki to Turku once an hour (and the reverse applies); it drops you in the middle of town on both ends.

It's about 70 - 80 euros depending on which train you get. I like the Bandolino best.

Carolyn

Photos are fabulous (Royal Caribbean p.r. promises some pro shots and I see Norcruiser has posted some -- thank you!) but here are a few I took yesterday.

The first one is what I think is the best part of the suites. It's a two story high window that's in essence one whole wall facing out to the sea. You enter through the back of it, walk down a hallway with double closet, and full bath with shower, and then into the living room. There, you'll find a kind of odd dining-like table (hence the word odd), and a cozy, comfy couch-chair-coffee table area with plasma screen hanging on the wall. The living room is airy and er, lofty (no immediate ceiling above). And off to the front is a very nice, wide balcony with wicker-like chaises.

Upstairs, is a master bedroom. It overlooks the living room and benefits from the huge windowed wall! There's a sheer curtain that you can draw for privacy (and relief from light, I'd assume). And there's another full bathroom; this time the shower is fabulous, big enough for two (and with two nozzles).

Color scheme is very lovely and contemporary, earth and sea colors (blues, greens, brown).

More photos coming....

Carolyn

100_2596.jpg.7c1b8cec2e122c2cb9c0ed975314d737.jpg

100_2599.jpg.8c1855551bd0bef18d0fd8869c6355b4.jpg

100_2609.jpg.5ec303322b8f72e0e2196d5f1f6fbda8.jpg

Photos are fabulous (Royal Caribbean p.r. promises some pro shots and I see Norcruiser has posted some -- thank you!) but here are a few I took yesterday.

The first one is what I think is the best part of the suites. It's a two story high window that's in essence one whole wall facing out to the sea. You enter through the back of it, walk down a hallway with double closet, and full bath with shower, and then into the living room. There, you'll find a kind of odd dining-like table (hence the word odd), and a cozy, comfy couch-chair-coffee table area with plasma screen hanging on the wall. The living room is airy and er, lofty (no immediate ceiling above). And off to the front is a very nice, wide balcony with wicker-like chaises.

Upstairs, is a master bedroom. It overlooks the living room and benefits from the huge windowed wall! There's a sheer curtain that you can draw for privacy (and relief from light, I'd assume). And there's another full bathroom; this time the shower is fabulous, big enough for two (and with two nozzles).

Color scheme is very lovely and contemporary, earth and sea colors (blues, greens, brown).

More photos coming....

Carolyn

WOW! Thank you SOOOO MUCH for the pictures and detailed description! What an experience you have had the last few days! I cant wait till its my time to meet the Oasis and see the loft suite i have booked!

Archived