Oasis of the Seas Live: Float Out and Ship Tour

Dan Askin

Well, I watched Steve's video and, fortunate for all of us -- I didn't spot myself :). Even so it is a wonderful video and gives a real sense of being there in pictures, in a way that words can't necessarily convey.

What I think is wonderful about Steve's reportings is his unabashed enthusiasm. If you haven't had a look yet, please do so!

Carolyn

I was at the yard with editor-in-chief Carolyn - you might spot her in my video of the event, here

http://travel.sky.com/inspiration/cruise/1227467249745_218

Steve

I was at the yard with editor-in-chief Carolyn - you might spot her in my video of the event, here

Steve

Thank you !!! I have been sitting here waiting for the video and watching it just drives the level of excitement up. I can't wait to get on her.:D

Whenever I try to watch it just plays the advertisement, then stops. If I press the play button it will replay the advertisement. Any suggestions :confused::(

Hi,

I was having the same problem, you need to update Adobe Flash Player to get it to work.

Right Click on the Movie, Select About Flash Player. It will open up a new windows with the option to update/install.

Wow, I wonder what the draft of this puppy is?

A fine question, and an interesting one. According to the fact sheet, the draft for Oasis is 30 feet, or 9 meters. But would you guess -- and perhaps someone with expertise on ship mechanics might be able to explain -- the draft of Queen Mary 2 is 32 feet 10 inches, or 10 meters. Apparently draft has more to do with overall tonnage.

That protusion on the side of the ship just past the bow? It's made of multiple metal tubes that extend out over the water somewhere around deck 4 and 5. Sorry I can't figure out how to place a picture in the post.

From what i read else where it's for a bettering flowing look to deck 5 and it also protects the life bots in the event they rub something. Those tubes will take the hit first.

The shot of the ship's underbelly is fascinating, great photo. Doesn't it kind of look like a big old whale?

Carolyn

Carolyn, Thank You for sharing all your pictures and information with us, I have been reading all about this ship and I am so glad that I got my Daughter and her family to join us on this outstanding ship....My grandchildren will love it and this will be their first cruise.....

Carol:)

Steve

Steve, You really know how to take movies, this is so exciting to watch and I look forword to seeing your next movie when she is about ready to cruise....Thank You Very Much......

Carol:)

When will Oasis of the Seas arrive in Fort Lauderdale.

Her schedule:

(not including pre-inaug festivities)

Departure Port: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Ports of Call: Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Nassau, Bahamas; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

2009 Date(s): 12 Dec , 19 Dec , 26 Dec

2010 Date(s): 02 Jan , 09 Jan , 16 Jan , 23 Jan , 30 Jan , 06 Feb , 13 Feb , 20 Feb , 27 Feb , 06 Mar , 13 Mar , 20 Mar , 27 Mar , 03 Apr , 10 Apr , More 2010 Dates

We can only say "WOW!" to all the above news and photos of Oasis. Many thanks to Carolyn, CC, the shipyard, RCCL and others who have this a memorable several days. Now we have to wait another year to sea her here in the states. It will be worth the wait. We will sea her in Port Everglades.

Thanks, again.

Rick and Deirdra

Her schedule:

(not including pre-inaug festivities)

Departure Port: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Ports of Call: Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Nassau, Bahamas; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

2009 Date(s): 12 Dec , 19 Dec , 26 Dec

2010 Date(s): 02 Jan , 09 Jan , 16 Jan , 23 Jan , 30 Jan , 06 Feb , 13 Feb , 20 Feb , 27 Feb , 06 Mar , 13 Mar , 20 Mar , 27 Mar , 03 Apr , 10 Apr , More 2010 Dates

Iwhen will it first be arriving?

Archived