Oasis of the Seas Live: Float Out and Ship Tour

Dan Askin

Iwhen will it first be arriving?

She is due to arrive in FL on 17th Nov 2009 and then for next 4 days her grass/plants etc will be installed and after that the Pre-Inaugural celebrations are due to start.

This is of course if she is finished on schedule and RCCL dont make any changes to plans....which we know they can or might do.

Gosh, the enthusiasm from all of you -- so great. But don't think this is the last flurry of news before a huge drought between now and November 2009! We're going to be covering Oasis of the Seas in one form or another as often as we possibly can get info. So if our secret shipyard photographers keep the shots coming, y'all keep the discussion running, and CC staffers continue to haunt the shores of southwest Finland, we should all be able to keep the enthusiasm going....

Carolyn

We can only say "WOW!" to all the above news and photos of Oasis. Many thanks to Carolyn, CC, the shipyard, RCCL and others who have this a memorable several days. Now we have to wait another year to sea her here in the states. It will be worth the wait. We will sea her in Port Everglades.

Thanks, again.

Rick and Deirdra

Nope, no word yet on cabins and other areas of the ship that weren't shown to us on Friday. But -- you can bet that Royal Caribbean wants to keep the momentum going so will trot out details about this and that gradually....

Carolyn

Carolyn, Thank you so much for the reporting and videos. Any word when we can see the rest of the rooms such as the Boardwalk Balcony rooms? I can't wait!

When will the Pre-inaugural celebratioons start, where will they be, and what will they be like?

It varies by ship. For the Oasis, the pre-inaugural events will more than likely include short two night sailings leaving from Pt. Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale to nowhere with invited guests only. Those guests are usually the press, travel agents and cruise industry officials.

It varies by ship. For the Oasis, the pre-inaugural events will more than likely include short two night sailings leaving from Pt. Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale to nowhere with invited guests only. Those guests are usually the press, travel agents and cruise industry officials.

Thanks for answering my question. But, that leaves me with another. I probably wont be able to go one the ship untill 2011 or 2012. I want to see it before then because that's so far away. I want to see it somewhere between when it arrives in Florida for the first time and when it sets sail for its first cruise(or the day it sets sail). When would the best time to go be?

This is the first time I'm writing to this thread, but I couldn't help wanting to say "Hi" and remarking that you are quite the AVID cruiser. I grew up with ships and cruising in my blood and would give anything to be able to do it as often as you!

Enjoy

Angelo

Hey, I have to go but um,,, yes! Party on my balcony! Sure but you do realize it's not one of those incredible AquaSuite balconies. It's a Boardwalk all the way at the end on deck 9.

....ok, chat with you in a little, teeny, tiny bit...K?

Thanks for answering my question. But, that leaves me with another. I probably wont be able to go one the ship untill 2011 or 2012. I want to see it before then because that's so far away. I want to see it somewhere between when it arrives in Florida for the first time and when it sets sail for its first cruise(or the day it sets sail). When would the best time to go be?

You need to wait until the first sailing next year. More information will come out.

Just found this thread and it is a great source of info. My wife(Lou) and I are booked B2B on the Oasis May 8 and May 15 2010 with a couple we cruise with all the time. We booked first week on the ocean side and them on Central Park side. Second week we can swap. We have more friends joining us the second week. We figure it will take a week to learn the ship. What an exciting ship..

Hiya everybody,

It's me, Dan. Just letting everyone know that I've set up an Oasis of the Seas photo gallery with larger versions of Carolyn's shots as well as some of the shots from Royal Caribbean. If you feel inclined to add any that are missing, please do.

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showgallery.php?cat=526

Thanks,

Dan

All I can say is that a two-nighter on Oasis will be an excruciating tease. My god, how much of the ship can you cover in two days, LOL!

Hey, if there's an invite I'll be there but it will be hard. I thought Solstice was ... challenging in just two days (oh, all the restaurants I didn't get to try, LOL).

Carolyn

Gosh, the enthusiasm from all of you -- so great. But don't think this is the last flurry of news before a huge drought between now and November 2009! We're going to be covering Oasis of the Seas in one form or another as often as we possibly can get info. So if our secret shipyard photographers keep the shots coming, y'all keep the discussion running, and CC staffers continue to haunt the shores of southwest Finland, we should all be able to keep the enthusiasm going....

Carolyn

I was thinking that it will be a long year now with no information, I hope you are correct and we keep getting little bits of info to keep us going :D :D

For the pre-inaugural sailings is everything basically a special event, e.g. dining, shows, etc. or does the cruiseline try to mirror it closer to what a normal cruise would be like, e.g. normal menus, cast shows, etc?

It is mind-boggling to think of the logistics of moving over 5000 people on and off the ship every 48 hours for a couple of weeks of pre-inaugural sailings.:eek:

Kathy:)

For the pre-inaugural sailings is everything basically a special event, e.g. dining, shows, etc. or does the cruiseline try to mirror it closer to what a normal cruise would be like, e.g. normal menus, cast shows, etc?

It is mind-boggling to think of the logistics of moving over 5000 people on and off the ship every 48 hours for a couple of weeks of pre-inaugural sailings.:eek:

Kathy, not shore about the pre-inaug plans, we can understand your logisical thoughts. But, if these certain groups of 5000(+/-) are T/A's, Press, travel writers, shareholders, D+, etc., the advertising earned here is a positive.

We were on the Enchantment b2b when she did the trial run for the new Terminal 18 in FLL. This was a drill for the larger ships that will cruise from there (Solstice, Independence, Oasis, etc.).

Terminal 18 is outstanding. We spent a little time there on our b2b transition day. There is plenty of floor space, 60 check in stations and two boarding ramps. It appears that they have well planned it here. The fact that Solstice and Indy docked in FLL on the same day, well, uh, was a fluke and something they hoped to avoid but didn't.

Indy suffered, with the expected CG and Immigration inspections. And, being at 25. We are shore that RCL has scheduled all the mega ships for different days at 18.

Pre-Inaugurals do not sail full.

I have done two, Liberty and Independence :D The Liberty was one night dockside and the Indy was a two nighter out to sea. Lots of fun, but very little sleep :D

They have the ice shows,theatre shows, and most places open onboard :D

Pre-Inaugurals do not sail full.

I have done two, Liberty and Independence :D The Liberty was one night dockside and the Indy was a two nighter out to sea. Lots of fun, but very little sleep :D

They have the ice shows,theatre shows, and most places open onboard :D

Lucky you!:D Thanks for the info; it makes sense that they do not sail full. It would be quite an experience to be on a pre-inaugural. Does everyone just come aboard with a carry-on? Images of the WJ loaded with carry-on pieces flashed through my mind.

Kathy, not shore about the pre-inaug plans, we can understand your logisical thoughts. But, if these certain groups of 5000(+/-) are T/A's, Press, travel writers, shareholders, D+, etc., the advertising earned here is a positive.

We were on the Enchantment b2b when she did the trial run for the new Terminal 18 in FLL. This was a drill for the larger ships that will cruise from there (Solstice, Independence, Oasis, etc.).

Terminal 18 is outstanding. We spent a little time there on our b2b transition day. There is plenty of floor space, 60 check in stations and two boarding ramps. It appears that they have well planned it here. The fact that Solstice and Indy docked in FLL on the same day, well, uh, was a fluke and something they hoped to avoid but didn't.

Indy suffered, with the expected CG and Immigration inspections. And, being at 25. We are shore that RCL has scheduled all the mega ships for different days at 18.

Thanks for the info. We will be sailing on the Independence two weeks from now so I guess we will be in the new Terminal.

Elizanessie, just looked thru your LOS pictures -- very nice!

Kathy

Kathy

Lucky you!:D Thanks for the info; it makes sense that they do not sail full. It would be quite an experience to be on a pre-inaugural. Does everyone just come aboard with a carry-on? Images of the WJ loaded with carry-on pieces flashed through my mind.

Hi Kathy :D

On the UK Pre-Inaugurals it was just carry-ons as there werent any porters on duty, cant say though what happens across the pond.

Cabins are open to drop off your carry-ons as soon as you board.:D

On the UK Pre-Inaugurals it was just carry-ons as there werent any porters on duty, cant say though what happens across the pond.

I should have known that RCCL would have all bases covered. :D

Thank you.

Liz & Kathy ~ across the pond on the pre inaugural I was on for Liberty carry ons were suggested as there were no porters here as well to help with luggage for the 2 day event.

Funny thing was the pre inaugural was the day after I got back to San Diego from a 2 week cruise on Radiance to Hawaii. Dh and I flew from San Diego to Miami for the pre inaugural with 4 suitcases in tow. Everyone kind of looked at us funny with so much luggage for a 2 day pre inaugural...I just said said "I couldn't decide what shoes to take"

LOL :)

We managed and were thrilled that we could participate.

Liz & Kathy ~ across the pond on the pre inaugural I was on for Liberty carry ons were suggested as there were no porters here as well to help with luggage for the 2 day event.

Funny thing was the pre inaugural was the day after I got back to San Diego from a 2 week cruise on Radiance to Hawaii. Dh and I flew from San Diego to Miami for the pre inaugural with 4 suitcases in tow. Everyone kind of looked at us funny with so much luggage for a 2 day pre inaugural...I just said said "I couldn't decide what shoes to take"

LOL :)

We managed and were thrilled that we could participate.

Emmy, that is just so funny! At least you knew you had all dress codes covered!

Archived